ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Class Rankings

So last week you argued we had less than a sellout for Michigan because of weather and the academic calendar. Now you've pivoted to our schedule as the reason. Make up your mind, guy.

We're going to have a big crowd next week for a bowl game in Florida. It'll probably end up being in the Top 10, in terms of attendance, of the 40 bowl games.

We won 8 games this season and, contrary to your assertion, people do care. Why not stop being a scrooge. Go Hoosiers, and Merry Christmas!

I go to the games. Our attendance is embarrassing.

No one made the effort for Michigan because...

1) no one had faith we could beat them due to the PSU downer, and previous fails as dogs.
2) Students and much of the town were gone for Thanksgiving Break (our usual 40+ person tailgate was called off...no one was in town).
3) the weather was shite

Hopefully you can comprehend the above hypothesis.

Reactions: iueyedoc99
"We should schedule cupcakes and bore our fans in September so we MIGHT have a chance to play a good/name team in December/January."

is a better strategy than...

"Let's just play good/name teams in September and take the chance out of the equation".

Got it.

And we wonder why only 25k show up. :confused:

How many players have actually told you that?

I dunno....5 or 6 this year alone.

Shared a grill at Asuka with 4 IU starters Thanksgiving week...talked about us moving here from Texas.

Every one of them said they would love to play in Austin or College Station.

Not one of them said "yeah, but if we did that we might not win 6 games."

Shared a grill at Asuka with 4 IU starters Thanksgiving week...talked about us moving here from Texas.

Sure, they all SAY that. But saying and doing are two different things.

They all say the politically correct things in public. But you can bet your ass they don't whine to each other about being 8-4 and going to the Gator bowl.

I go to the games. Our attendance is embarrassing.

No one made the effort for Michigan because...

1) no one had faith we could beat them due to the PSU downer, and previous fails as dogs.
2) Students and much of the town were gone for Thanksgiving Break (our usual 40+ person tailgate was called off...no one was in town).
3) the weather was shite

Hopefully you can comprehend the above hypothesis.
More excuses

Of course they are going to say it. Do you think any athlete with any pride at all is going to say no I am afraid we are going to get beat? They knew that the schedule when they chose IU and yet they still chose IU. Hell when we had to play St Thomas Aquila’s in the playoffs I always told people we were going to beat them even though we really had no shot at beating them.

To win against good teams you have to actually play good teams.

We need every opportunity we can to beat a good team.

Playing patsies to get 8 wins....nobody cares....we didn't play/beat anyone. No one shows up for Michigan in November because we didn't beat anybody.

Unlike you guys, fans that pay to show up want to see wins over quality opponents....not 3 wasted weekends in a quest for a Detroit Bowl.

Players feel the same.

Football is a bit like the Oscars:
Nobody remembers what happened at the beginning of the year but they sure as hell remember the latest stuff.

Don’t take this the wrong way but you seem obsessed with this OOC thing.

Most people don’t make a big deal out of this. When I saw Tennessee was our opponent, the first thought to cross my mind WASN’t that they had two losses at home to start the year. I had to look up who they played OOC.

And the media is not making a huge deal out of IU’s schedule or anybody else’s for that matter. This is a campaign that is promoted by Purdue fans as they tout the fact that they lost to a team in the desert at high altitude and played the worst SEC team as some kind of a gauntlet schedule. Pffffftttt.

Don’t forgot the “we were the most injured team in the history of football.”

Oh, you know the solution to that?
Develop some damn depth! Hard to plug in 1 of your 20 WRs for an injured LB or DE.

Last edited:
Football is a bit like the Oscars:
Nobody remembers what happened at the beginning of the year but they sure as hell remember the latest stuff.

Don’t take this the wrong way but you seem obsessed with this OOC thing.

Most people don’t make a big deal out of this. When I saw Tennessee was our opponent, the first thought to cross my mind WASN’t that they had two losses at home to start the year. I had to look up who they played OOC.

And the media is not making a huge deal out of IU’s schedule or anybody else’s for that matter. This is a campaign that is promoted by Purdue fans as they tout the fact that they lost to a team in the desert at high altitude and played the worst SEC team as some kind of a gauntlet schedule. Pffffftttt.

Don’t forgot the “we were the most injured team in the history of football.”

Oh, you know the solution to that?
Develop some damn depth! Hard to plug in 1 of your 20 WRs for an injured LB or DE.
You are so right. Lot of PU trolls on here disguising themselves.

while playing interesting teams.
you absolute tool
"We should schedule cupcakes and bore our fans in September so we MIGHT have a chance to play a good/name team in December/January."

is a better strategy than...

"Let's just play good/name teams in September and take the chance out of the equation".

Got it.

And we wonder why only 25k show up. :confused:
You know what forethought is? Try and look past your nose, buddy. We are building something, and we need at least 6 wins a season to get where we all want to be. Tame your ADHD, and learn to put up with weak OOC schedules for now until it is no longer necessary. Fans will come with the sustained success that this scheduling model should somewhat facilitate. So stop making corollary guesses about turnout and scheduling decisions. It just makes you look like an ass.

We play nine; NINE, B1G games each year. Three each and every year will be against OSU, UM, & PSU. Perennial top 15 programs and three of the best programs in the history of college football.

The reason we went 8 - 4 this year is not because of our "weak" OOC schedule. It is because, for the first time ever, IU did not blow one of the 50/50 games ( Northwestern, Nebraska, Maryland, Purdue).

I believe we need to add MSU to the 50/50 category...and we lost that game. We have also been knocking on the door against PSU. We are getting better!

I will admit the EIU game was a patsy. It is also one of the two games I chose to attend this year ( Rutgers being the other). Why? Two reasons: I wanted to see an IU victory and I wanted a noon kickoff so I could make it a one day trip.

IU needs to continue to schedule MAC, AAC, Sun Belt & other G5 programs. We face a long, tough grind in the B1G. We also won't usually have two bye weeks as we did this year.

Besides, ask Purdue, Illinois & "The U" how much of a pushover G5 schools are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT