ADVERTISEMENT

Avery Johnson out at Alabama - Watford to Iu?

Let 'er Fly

Junior
Feb 12, 2005
Watford’s potential schools are losing their coaches. Could it be down to Memphis or IU? I think IU could have a chance. Perhaps make a run in the NIT with decent attendance and a good showing by Morgan, and watford may be more likely to lean IU yet.

His decision won't be based on NIT attendance or the performance of a player.

Personally, I think he would be terrific at IU. He has the size to play 3 or 4 and he drives better than his big bro.

I can't believe Will Wade is going to be coaching at LSU again. So he's out and also Avery Johnson. Duke or Memphis I guess

I can't believe Will Wade is going to be coaching at LSU again. So he's out and also Avery Johnson. Duke or Memphis I guess
LSU will search for a new coach after they get knock out of the dance
by the Terrapins or Spartans. The NCAA will have to send a message
to all schools.

Avery Johnson did the right thing by giving up at Alabama. He knew
he couldn't recruit the talent that was required to compete in the SEC.
Mark Fox (another nice man) at Georgia stayed way to long in the talent
rich state.

Last edited:
I'd take a 6'10 22 yr old grad transfer who averages 14 a game
Over any McDonald's All Americans.
Unless he's Zion good..
And there aren't any of those..

I'd rather have Watford. He's not a 1 and done and he'd be here longer to contribute than a 1 year hired gun. If IU can't get a Watford type then I'd take the grad transfer. If we're comparing Watford to a grad transfer, and he is the subject of this thread, I go Watford every time.

If Langford decides to come back next year, we do not have an opening on the roster for anyone else. Long shot, but Langford COULD decide to play one more year

Reactions: eddy4iu
Miller of Memphis might be looking to take over UNLV. That might leave Duke and IU... Duke's coach K might be in some hot water with the wire taps, so we hear. If Kentucky's coach Cal goes to UCLA like some rumors have it. We could end up with both Brooks and Watford. Hey if we are going to dream.

how often do NBA players make good college coaches? I didn't see it happening..
That’s true, it doesn’t happen very often. It usually only works with nba coaches. Michael Jordan maybe the worst owner/gm in the nba

Reactions: ulrey
Watford’s potential schools are losing their coaches. Could it be down to Memphis or IU? I think IU could have a chance. Perhaps make a run in the NIT with decent attendance and a good showing by Morgan, and watford may be more likely to lean IU yet.
Memphis will always be a serious threat to IU and UK going forward … at least it's fair.

Miller of Memphis might be looking to take over UNLV. That might leave Duke and IU... Duke's coach K might be in some hot water with the wire taps, so we hear. If Kentucky's coach Cal goes to UCLA like some rumors have it. We could end up with both Brooks and Watford. Hey if we are going to dream.
Why the hell do u think coach K has participated in any cheating? I’ve heard nothing at all.

Trendon Watford's interest in IU is increasing, per Peegs. The situations at LSU and Alabama have been a positive for IU's recruiting chances.

Reactions: Hoosierdaddy_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT