ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

Yeah, you can tell you don't go to many games.

There are people constantly walking up and down the stairs. I'd rather see one beer guy than wait while 10 people leave at once and block the entire view.

Gee, sorry you'd have to actually pass money and a beer......:rolleyes:
I'm an old geezer and set in my ways I guess. I'm not the person who goes to the game to be social. I go because I like to watch the game and I try to take in as much of it as possible. I am only able to attend a game or two but when I am there the game has my full attention and I usually take a pair of headphones so I can listen to the game on the radio while i watch. If my seats are up high I will also take a pair of binoculars and I always have a roster printed out. I always grab a program and keep score when I got o baseball games and I just think it is irritating to have to put down all my stuff because a guy six seats down can't be bothered to go get his own beer and needs me to help him with it. I suppose if I was 25 and was using the game as a meeting place to have a beer with friends and chase girls then maybe it wouldn't bother me but when it gets to the point where I can see more of the game on my couch then I can when I'm in the stands because the people in my row are thirsty then I will just stay home.

I'm an old geezer and set in my ways I guess. I'm not the person who goes to the game to be social. I go because I like to watch the game and I try to take in as much of it as possible. I am only able to attend a game or two but when I am there the game has my full attention and I usually take a pair of headphones so I can listen to the game on the radio while i watch. If my seats are up high I will also take a pair of binoculars and I always have a roster printed out. I always grab a program and keep score when I got o baseball games and I just think it is irritating to have to put down all my stuff because a guy six seats down can't be bothered to go get his own beer and needs me to help him with it. I suppose if I was 25 and was using the game as a meeting place to have a beer with friends and chase girls then maybe it wouldn't bother me but when it gets to the point where I can see more of the game on my couch then I can when I'm in the stands because the people in my row are thirsty then I will just stay home.
Well, unfortunately, when you go to a game with 40k+ other fans, you're going to have to put up with some inconveniences.

My point is, passing a beer down to someone is much less hassle than standing up and letting people in and out to go down to the concession stand.

Reactions: 76-1
So today's email was an offer for the first BIG game vs Minny. Offers included $10 youth and $25 adult tickets. Prices going up for league play I guess.

For comparison I went to the IU site. The promotion for the next two games is $90 for two nosebleed seats that includes a $10 food voucher and a $10 remote parking pass. The third game out the package increases to $140.

purdue still far more aggressive from a promotions standpoint and they will likely have more xtra wide butts in the seats as a result. May have some men as well.

So yesterday's email that @EarlTubbs claims doesn't exist is promoting their game tomorrow @ $10 youth and $25 adult as well as $15 adult seats for Maryland.

Good for them...it works and IU should follow suit.

Sorry about bitching, but you just can't play an OOC schedule of BSU, EIU, and U Conn. It's an insult to anybody who really appreciates college football. It's just a chickens*** move.

If you're going to play BSU & U Conn, at least play another MAC team. If you're going to play EIU, at least play a Cincy, UK, Missouri or UL to balance it out.

So, what's your point?

ADVERTISEMENT