ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

stripetology

Junior
Sep 2, 2008
Honestly, if there’s not a a red light emergency on attendance, I don’t know what would get athletic/university attention. Pitiful

It’s only going to get worse. The lack of excitement for the program has never been more evident than it is now. No one even talks about IUFB anymore.

Agreed..... for the first time I think they should go to a tiered distribution of funds. Where you finish in the B10 should matter . If you want more then climb the ranks.... invest in facilities and coaches
If FG had intentions to play big boy football he would have gone after an experienced successful HC when CKW left. We're stuck near the bottom of the B1G as long as FG is AD.

Agreed..... for the first time I think they should go to a tiered distribution of funds. Where you finish in the B10 should matter . If you want more then climb the ranks.... invest in facilities and coaches
If FG had intentions to play big boy football he would have gone after an experienced successful HC when CKW left. We're stuck near the bottom of the B1G as long as FG is AD.

IU's admin is incredibly shortsighted. They go all gaga cuz FG is a great fundraiser... first of all, how difficult is it to fund raise at IU? What metric are they comparing his performance too? Moreover, what would the fundraising look like if IU had a nationally ranked football team? What would the ticket sales look like?

It's mind-boggling how shortsighted IU athletics is.

IU's admin is incredibly shortsighted. They go all gaga cuz FG is a great fundraiser... first of all, how difficult is it to fund raise at IU? What metric are they comparing his performance too? Moreover, what would the fundraising look like if IU had a nationally ranked football team? What would the ticket sales look like?

He is not all that great of a fundraiser IMO. "But he has raised all this money Crazy....and look at all of the building projects the A.D. has been involved in." Yeah, I get that, but how much of that is Fred Glass and how much is the BTN. Additionally, there seemed to have been this unspoken rule for years around IU that you couldn't get your name on a building. Well as soon as that rule was dropped and the Simon daughter could slap her name on Assembly Hall and Ken Nunn could drop a million to name a trophy display area and the Cooks could name a practice facility, why all of the sudden the money started pouring in. Glass is more a lucky recipient of being in the right place at the right time than he is some great fundraiser.

I am agreeing with you BUT this isn’t just the AD. This is exactly what IU wants which is why we haven’t had a strong AD forever.... I can’t even remember the last AD where we said “Oh we are gonna miss him”. No I think if FG started going after it hard, the Administration would step in and put a kabash on it. They aren’t gonna spend 5,000,000 on a coach plus staff.....

I’ve not been this down on IU athletics in decades. What will it take for them to get it? Let me clarify. Not an AD, coach or player issue. 100% upper admin
100% correct...... but when you can’t even get fans to recognize it, we are gonna be where we are for a looooooooooooong time.

Fischer I love on the radio but he just said winning the 3 non conference games is a huge step.... step towards what?

I’ve not been this down on IU athletics in decades. What will it take for them to get it? Let me clarify. Not an AD, coach or player issue. 100% upper admin
100% correct...... but when you can’t even get fans to recognize it, we are gonna be where we are for a looooooooooooong time.

Fischer I love on the radio but he just said winning the 3 non conference games is a huge step.... step towards what?
Talk after decades unfortunately has law of diminishing returns

Anymore? Lol. IU football is a non Entity. Especially in Indianapolis. It has never been talked about.
We had some buzz back in 2015 and 2016. Casual/basketball fans were talking about IUFB. Especially with how exciting our offense was. Now we might as well be Indiana State.

Reactions: maegh

Our fans settling for this IS the problem. Fans should be booing and/or boycotting games.

He is not all that great of a fundraiser IMO. "But he has raised all this money Crazy....and look at all of the building projects the A.D. has been involved in." Yeah, I get that, but how much of that is Fred Glass and how much is the BTN. Additionally, there seemed to have been this unspoken rule for years around IU that you couldn't get your name on a building. Well as soon as that rule was dropped and the Simon daughter could slap her name on Assembly Hall and Ken Nunn could drop a million to name a trophy display area and the Cooks could name a practice facility, why all of the sudden the money started pouring in. Glass is more a lucky recipient of being in the right place at the right time than he is some great fundraiser.
That rule was flexible way before Fred Glass. Mellencamp Pavilion was being built when I visited in high school in 95...

Reactions: DANC and jponce
Attendance is a national issue now. Tune into the FSU v Louisville game. It is at FSU and the attendance looks just like IU's game today.

FSU is awful and the fanbase is in revolt against Taggart. Purdue sold out against TCU last week.

Reactions: cryano
IU gets the most? Lol maybe when Hazell was at Purdue but not now. Brohm gets more run than Allen and company.

Curious to hear your attendance guess for UConn today?

LOL, lots of jokes about Brohmbastic and you PUkes, that is true.

Your AD should not advance because he is a great fundraiser. We can hire people or companies to do that. At some point a school like IU has to produce a real nationally competitive team in a major sport. Not soccer, not bad mitten, it has to be basketball or football because they get the most attention.

Delusion at its finest if you think IU football gets more publicity than Purdue football. Purdue can easily sell out games against non too-25 teams. What’s IU’s excuse?

and yet you live here spewing "facts" about attendance at IU when you have never been there. Tell us more about PU "easily" selling out games. You ass clowns didn't sell out last week.

The bucket game wasn't sold out in Laffy two season ago with 10- 12k IU fans there.

You are FOS.

and yet you live here spewing "facts" about attendance at IU when you have never been there. Tell us more about PU "easily" selling out games. You ass clowns didn't sell out last week.

The bucket game wasn't sold out in Laffy two season ago with 10- 12k IU fans there.

You are FOS.

Didn’t sell out last week?

Ross-Ade capacity: 57,282
Attendance against TCU: 60,037

So nearly at 105% of capacity. But yeah we didn’t sell out lol.

Attendance is a national issue now. Tune into the FSU v Louisville game. It is at FSU and the attendance looks just like IU's game today.
Because they’re not any good. Turn on the Texas A&M game and see if they have an attendance issue. You have to provide value for the $.

Reactions: IUgradman
Didn’t sell out last week?

Ross-Ade capacity: 57,282
Attendance against TCU: 60,037

So nearly at 105% of capacity. But yeah we didn’t sell out lol.

Was like 63K Didn't know the place shrunk, or have sections been condemned by the state?

One thing your AD does better than Glass is promote. I get the $5 ticket email every week.

I can see how upset you guys are about IU winning today...did you all chant "IU sux" on every IU kickoff today after swearing it would stop (again)? Or did you join the growing "courtsense sux" chanters??

Honestly, if there’s not a a red light emergency on attendance, I don’t know what would get athletic/university attention. Pitiful
Sir, we attended and understand your frustration. I think everyone does. My youngest plays for a school here in Texas, and they aren’t real good but Mike Singletary took over and it will turn around, but I am amazed at how they turn out the entire school and parents and make it a carnival atmosphere every game, win or lose.

I can guarantee that I could put together a plan that would fill the stadium and no cost much, but we have forgotten the little things that get kids and people excited about turning out. You can not just keep building facilities and think it will bring fans in. Hey are great facilities, fantastic school grounds, there is no reason no to turn out the fans.

Reactions: stripetology
Our fans settling for this IS the problem. Fans should be booing and/or boycotting games.
According to the title of this thread, most of us are. I watched UM and Wisky today instead. Apathy has set in for most of the"fans" I know.

Reactions: fpeaugh
According to the title of this thread, most of us are. I watched UM and Wisky today instead. Apathy has set in for most of the"fans" I know.
Should be more though. There are still plenty of posters on here trying to pump sunshine up our backsides. They might be Purdue trolls wanting this to continue though.

I think part of the lure of CTA at the time of his hire was the perception he created as a great defensive coach. There was s fear of losing him to another school during our searching process. The hope was that his defensive coaching mojo would translate to the head coaching position and if nothing else, we would still have better defensive teams. This hasn’t been the case, as of yet. We still desperately need to beat a team we’re not supposed to beat. Sure, until then it looks like maybe Glass made a bad hire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT