ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

Rotonda Jim

Benchwarmer
Sep 3, 2003
Does anyone know what the attendance was yesterday and how many season tickets IU has sold. I noticed many empty seats as the second half started and as the first half ended. Just asking, no agenda other than the team needs fan support and fans who stay when things are going well.

I’d say start “really” counting from OSU game on. Predict an 80/20 IU favored sellout next week. If IU were to win, watch things change. But even if don’t, think Penix excitement and B10 play will show better attendance this season.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Does anyone know what the attendance was yesterday and how many season tickets IU has sold. I noticed many empty seats as the second half started and as the first half ended. Just asking, no agenda other than the team needs fan support and fans who stay when things are going well.

37,784 yesterday was reported. Not sure how many season tickets have been sold

The students deserted in mass at halftime. Somewhat true on the west side but not that much. Of coursed the game was completely in hand by that point so not concerned by it.

This town and school have never been big backers of football and never will. It would take so much winning to turn that around, I don’t think I’ll ever see it in my lifetime. Just have to accept it.

The students deserted in mass at halftime. Somewhat true on the west side but not that much. Of coursed the game was completely in hand by that point so not concerned by it.

This town and school have never been big backers of football and never will. It would take so much winning to turn that around, I don’t think I’ll ever see it in my lifetime. Just have to accept it.
Here is where we stack up vs our peers.

IL vs MAC 30,654
MD vs ACC. 33,493
IU vs FCS. 37,784
RU vs UMass 40,515
MN vs FCS. 49,112
PU vs SEC. 50,500

It doesn't seem to matter who plays who. Fans either show up... Or don't.

I understand your point of you however I do think you should support the players effort, time commitment, the fact that they play banged up

I understand your point of you however I do think you should support the players effort, time commitment, the fact that they play banged up
Agree and my wife and I stayed for the final gun, but I don’t expect that from the students. Just what it is.

Here is where we stack up vs our peers.

IL vs MAC 30,654
MD vs ACC. 33,493
IU vs FCS. 37,784
RU vs UMass 40,515
MN vs FCS. 49,112
PU vs SEC. 50,500

It doesn't seem to matter who plays who. Fans either show up... Or don't.
Maryland only drew an announced 33K against a ranked opponent after putting up 79 last week? Yikes.

IU fans haven’t learned to be bloodthirsty. You would think with as little winning as fans are accustomed to, they would savor the massacre to the end. Times have changed the evolution of people’s attention span, the distraction of sensory input accelerated at the speed of light it seems.

Who are all of those empty red seats in the north
end zone for?

Today's box score said 37,700

ADVERTISEMENT