ADVERTISEMENT

At the age of 64, it is unusual when I am the youngest golfer in my foursome.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
I was the youngest by far today. The other three golfers ranged from 75 to 90 years of age and they played the shortest tees. Meanwhile, I played the back ones like usual.

The golfer around 90 years of age chipped in for a birdie on the No. 1 handicap hole. One of the golfers between 75 and 80 years of age had even bigger accomplishments. He holed out for an eagle from about 160 yards out on a tough par 4 hole and he made a 30-foot downhill putt for a birdie on the 18th hole (par 5).

In my book, I say golf keeps people young. The three guys I played with today are examples of it.

I was the youngest by far today. The other three golfers ranged from 75 to 90 years of age and they played the shortest tees. Meanwhile, I played the back ones like usual.

The golfer around 90 years of age chipped in for a birdie on the No. 1 handicap hole. One of the golfers between 75 and 80 years of age had even bigger accomplishments. He holed out for an eagle from about 160 yards out on a tough par 4 hole and he made a 30-foot downhill putt for a birdie on the 18th hole (par 5).

In my book, I say golf keeps people young. The three guys I played with today are examples of it.
I've heard banging sorority girls keeps you young, but whatever floats your boat.

How much did you lose to the old geezers?;)

They were playing their own money game. I didn't participate in it because their tees were at least 70 or 80 yards shorter than mine on the average. They also played lift, clean and place while I played the ball down.

So you're saying you like to tee it up, but you can't close the deal anymore.

This probably tells us why you don't want a round to last more than 4 hours.

I can't stand slow play because it hurts my rhythm and causes my old back to stiffen up. Our foursome played in about 3 1/2 hours today even though we had to occasionally wait on the foursome in front of us.

They played from the red tees? Does your club have gold or blue tees? You probably have no reason to hit from gold unless your name is Tiger Woods. Red is a proper choice for women and seniors. I think 64 qualifies as senior. You could have been less of a dik and played from the white tees. If I am 64 and playing with older gentlemen, I would probably have been sociable and played with them. They probably thought you were just pointing out the age difference. That would be enough motivation for me to smoke the young whippersnapper.

They played from the red tees? Does your club have gold or blue tees? You probably have no reason to hit from gold unless your name is Tiger Woods. Red is a proper choice for women and seniors. I think 64 qualifies as senior. You could have been less of a dik and played from the white tees. If I am 64 and playing with older gentlemen, I would probably have been sociable and played with them. They probably thought you were just pointing out the age difference. That would be enough motivation for me to smoke the young whippersnapper.

They have played with me a lot over the years and they realize I play from the back tees at our club. It also was a Men's Golf Association event, so I needed to play from the back tees.

They have played with me a lot over the years and they realize I play from the back tees at our club. It also was a Men's Golf Association event, so I needed to play from the back tees.

What's your handicap? Seems like mid to upper teens probably. Your MGA has players at that level on the back tees? That seems odd. How many sets of tees does your course have?

What's your handicap? Seems like mid to upper teens probably. Your MGA has players at that level on the back tees? That seems odd. How many sets of tees does your course have?

My handicap is the highest it has been in about 35 years. It is 19! I have been in a slump all year. However, I think I figured out what I was doing wrong and I am hitting the ball much better. If I can start putting and chipping better, I should get my handicap back to around 13.

Our course has three sets of tees and I play the back ones. However, distance is not an issue for me on most of the holes. I'll give you an example. Our first hole is 387 yards from the back tees. I hit a driver against the wind and had 133 yards tonight for my second shot. Because it was uphill, windy and the pin was back, I hit an eight iron and wound up on the back fringe. I then three-putted for a bogey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT