ADVERTISEMENT

AT&T are a bunch of dirt

twenty02

Hall of Famer
Jan 28, 2011
Hole lickers.

Just noticed they are sponsoring the NC game. That's nice and all.

But those a$$ bags have owed me $650 for going on two months. Auto deducted my checking account for uverse equipment I'd already returned (after saying don't worry, we won't do that).

Fine you took my money...and told me 3 times you'll send it back. Have even gotten a statement with a 642 credit balance.

Yet they have no problem waiting 10 to 12 weeks to cut a refund check.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Allstate

Allstate is doing a great job sponsoring the Sugar Bowl. So many commercials and social media posts dedicated solely for this game. One of my old marketing professors is probably loving every minute of Allstate's marketing plan.

Re: Allstate

Have noticed. The marketing professor in my mba program used to say you needed your brand in front of a viewer/reader/listener at least 10x a month, consistently, for it to have any impact upon your brand.

Nothing is more 'branding' than insurance. A heavily regulated commodity product.

Re: An example of why I don't autopay anything other than

Learned my lesson. Whats ridiculous is once you cancel service they no longer allow you to even access your account to disable autopay.

Im not a lawyer, but the way they run their business has to be right up to the border line of illegal.

I've used autopay for years with other companies. Ironic it's one of the largest companies in the world that is the first to rip me off.....or not.

Fortunately zapping $650 from my checking account doesnt impact my life, but a LOT of people would be totally reamed paying their rent, mortgage, car payment, etc.....just a warning to others.

Yes quick to take your $$ but sloowwwww to issue refunds. Dealt with them in our business when we cancelled service and waited much longer than they told us initially, and we too received credit statements much sooner than the check.

I had the same problem with AT&T this past summer

My dollar amounts were not nearly as close to yours. All I did was cancel my service after 14+ years, with my contract expiring months prior. I did the autopay as I do most things. It took almost 2 billing cycles to get my credit back. That was only for cell phone service.

DirecTV tried that ish with me a couple of years ago

Found my way to the office of the President's phone number online after some digging. My money was returned that day.

Go that route. I had them confirm date they received equipment. Then quoted the date they took the money out which was obviously after. I told them they made an unauthorized transaction from an account of someone who was no longer a customer. That constituted theft since my contractual obligations were met and the contract was void. Threatened to get lawyer on the phone. They called me back 15 mins later to confirm money was debited to my account. It was on a Friday. I was going to make them Western Union me the money

Re: DirecTV tried that ish with me a couple of years ago

These pigs finally sent me a check this weekend. Only took money for 6 wks. Calling them on the regular cust service line was futile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT