ADVERTISEMENT

At Least we made 1

1-16 from 3pt range. 6%
The worst shooting team in IU history. Sad considering college basketball is all about 3 pt shooting.
Pretty much why we are going nowhere in the big ten. You need to make even just 5 or 6 but we can't. If we don't win out at home the ncaa is likely a pipe dream.

Anderson is a bust, he would be better served to transfer.
Shooters are on the way.

who? I live in Bloomington and leal isn’t the best shooter on his HS team.... Geronimo is not a shooter I don’t care what he did last night in one game vs 5’6 white kids in a gym of 200 people.

Reactions: IUgradman
who? I live in Bloomington and leal isn’t the best shooter on his HS team.... Geronimo is not a shooter I don’t care what he did last night in one game vs 5’6 white kids in a gym of 200 people.
Wow! Got an issue with white kids do ya.

I thouht i saw leal was only shooting like 32% from three. That's not that good for high schol.

Reactions: IUgradman
Anyone who thinks Leal and Galloway are coming into the Big Ten. And well make 5 three's a game.
Have a rude awakening coming.
Athletes with length in the Big..
That's not like playing Martinsville..

Reactions: IUgradman and kkott
I thouht i saw leal was only shooting like 32% from three. That's not that good for high schol.

ya he’s not a good shooter and people think he is the best shooter out of the 3. So when I say for the 3rd straight time no way we are worse than last year, we just might be 325 in Kenpom next year!!! We will be around 300 in the country after tonight shitshow

Kenpom just updated, went from 257 to 301 in the country! I could shoot better, and I’m not kidding.

Reactions: Lucy01
ya he’s not a good shooter and people think he is the best shooter out of the 3. So when I say for the 3rd straight time no way we are worse than last year, we just might be 325 in Kenpom next year!!! We will be around 300 in the country after tonight shitshow

Archie Miller is recruiting himself into a pink slip.

Archie had as many Technical fouls as 3's when IU was 1 for 17 from 3pt line.

TurnoverTom had IU at 300's in the country in TO's.
Archie has IU in the 300's in 3pt shooting
IU traded one major flaw offensively for another.
Of all all basketball skills that need to be practiced and perfected, shooting is probably the most important, as it is the only way to actually score points on the scoreboard.
Yet in a basketball state, IU can not recruit shooters.
It is unbelieveable.

TurnoverTom had IU at 300's in the country in TO's.
Archie has IU in the 300's in 3pt shooting
IU traded one major flaw offensively for another.
Of all all basketball skills that need to be practiced and perfected, shooting is probably the most important, as it is the only way to actually score points on the scoreboard.
Yet in a basketball state, IU can not recruit shooters.
It is unbelieveable.
The team would be better off than they are if they had indeed traded lots of turnovers for poor 3-point shooting. The shooting is terrible but they also turn the ball over a lot. Between the two that is a lot of empty possessions. Bring bad at one or the other is bad enough but this team is bad at both.

Before this game IU was at 167 by turning the ball over 13.6 times per game. That goes to 13.7 turnovers per game after the 16 tonight. Very average and too many when combined with terrible shooting.

Last edited:
IU shot 32 percent (19 for 60) for the game. They were 17 for 29 in the paint, 2 for 19 from 3 and 0 for 12 from mid-range. Defense and rebounding kept us as close as we were and just 33% for 3 would have turned this into a win. It was Clank City last night.

Reactions: MrBing
I predicted a 70-59 IU win. Had the 59 for Rutgers spot on. Offensively we were pretty pathetic. This game was ours for the taking, but instead it was dribbling off of our shoes, missed threes (Anderson 0-4, hunter 0-3, Green 0-3.....phin took what, 6?). Lots of missed open shots. Lots of TOs. Seems like it’s a movie we’ve all seen before.

Reactions: ufo33
I predicted a 70-59 IU win. Had the 59 for Rutgers spot on. Offensively we were pretty pathetic. This game was ours for the taking, but instead it was dribbling off of our shoes, missed threes (Anderson 0-4, hunter 0-3, Green 0-3.....phin took what, 6?). Lots of missed open shots. Lots of TOs. Seems like it’s a movie we’ve all seen before.

With all due respect, I don’t think this game was ours for the taking. Rutgers controlled the entire game, they were more aggressive on both ends of the court, they were able to get better looks at the rim. I thought this would be an improbable win before the game. Once the game started I thought it would be a significant hurdle to come out with a win.

And yes, this is a movie we have seen far too often. We are a very limited team in regards to shooting and just pure talent.

With all due respect, I don’t think this game was ours for the taking. Rutgers controlled the entire game, they were more aggressive on both ends of the court, they were able to get better looks at the rim. I thought this would be an improbable win before the game. Once the game started I thought it would be a significant hurdle to come out with a win.

And yes, this is a movie we have seen far too often. We are a very limited team in regards to shooting and just pure talent.

Right...this game was controlled by an aggressive hustling Rutger team that simple took the game to IU. It was never in doubt.

I wonder if we don't see a couple of changes. IMO AM needs to be recruiting over one spot to cover himself.

CAM needs to recruit like his job depends on it because it does. Making the NCAA tourney this year, at best, appears to be a coin flip. Not sure if it gets better next year or not based off our current recruits and existing shooting on this year’s team.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
CAM needs to recruit like his job depends on it because it does. Making the NCAA tourney this year, at best, appears to be a coin flip. Not sure if it gets better next year or not based off our current recruits and existing shooting on this year’s team.

And that’s the rub. Recruiting when your job depends on it is more difficult. We saw that with Creans last few classes. Players want to commit to a coach that will be there for their 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT