ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming to news is correct, who's on deck?

The good news is

With the recent success, state of the art facility and incoming recruits; hiring a quality coach will be a lot easier than it was when they hired Smith.

Rumor on the ASU board is

that Smith wants to take his entire staff with him. Not sure how accurate that is - or how feasible it is, but...

I would hope we get someone with some head coaching experience - and great recruiting contacts. And that it happens soon.

Riiiight

Forgive my skepticism.
This post was edited on 6/24 11:45 PM by IUXC68

If you haven't noticed, I have never been one to spread rumors ..

Or make stuff up on here. We can talk in the next few days.

You obviously don't come around this board much...

The OP is a former IU baseball player, played for CTS and provides us with some great information. I'm sure his sources are about as solid as they get.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I assume you'd like to see us hire Neal?

Do you think he is the top candidate or too early to tell? Any idea who else could be a serious candidate?

Thanks for all the info you provide.

Re: If you haven't noticed, I have never been one to spread rumors ..

I hope it all turns out well. Coach Smith laid the groundwork for someone to come in and continue the process of strengthening the program and establishing it as a consistent winner. That's a good place to start.

You're right

And, worse yet, I had just come from the b-ball board and all of the enthusiastic lunacy that tends to abound there. Thanks for your information. It's nice to have someone who is knowledgeable posting reliable information.

I definitely think Neal would be a great hire...

Now don't get me wrong, I am sure there are other great candidates.

However, Ty worked tirelessly for IU for eight years. He was the lead recruiter for many of our star players and was a major part of why IU baseball stands where it does today. In the spot we are in now, we need someone that can convince the current players to stay and convince the recruits to come. Not only does Ty have the best connection to the current players, but he was also heavily involved with the recruiting of the freshmen-to-be (a very good class of players).

If IU is looking for a smooth transition and a face that will keep the growing IU baseball fan base happy (which I assume it is), I know that Ty would be perfect for the job.

No matter what happens, GO HOOSIERS!

That could potentially devastate our team. I hope we don't lose

recruits and momentum with this. This is really sad to see.

Seems like a no-brainer

Any idea what he makes over there? Gotta believe FG would make it worth his while. There's just too much mojo here to let it slip away and start from scratch.

I wonder if a guy like Tracy Archuleta at USI would get a look? He's got 2 National Titles so far.

I might have missed something here, but who is Ty?

Tracy Smith's son, Ty, is a wr on the football team. Who is Ty?

Go-IU-Win

Ty Neal

He was an assistant at IU for the first eight years Tracy was head coach. However, last year he was selected as the Cincinnati head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT