ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant coaches staying...?

hoosierfan35

Sophomore
Mar 11, 2010
The IU announcement says Bunn and Cheese staying until new coach hired. Lemonis isn’t even taking guys he has been with for years?

And now Kyle Cheesebrough is heading to Mississippi State with Chris Lemonis. Kyle Bunn is the only one left. Do you think he gets the head job, or stays on as pitching coach, or...?

wonder if that means Mercer is bringing Sogard with him to IU?

Thought Coach Bunn might end up at Mississippi State. In addition to the long relationship with Coach Lemonis, read MSU has a NLI from JT Ginn, Dodgers 1st round draft pick, and he is still undignedand deciding between school and signing. The article about the Ginns meeting with Coach Lemonis mentioned the dad knew Coach Bunn and he had spoken well of Coach Lemonis.

Closer to home, you have to think Coach Mercer will consider Sogard, they were successful in their short run together at WSU. Pitching coach is a key position everywhere and it is huge early call for Coach Mercer. There will be a ton of arms for fall ball and finding a good staff for ‘19 could make for a very good 1st season. At the same time the new staff needs to close the deal on what is probably the best group of Indiana commits ever.

A lot going on for Coach!

Reactions: iulb
Sogard is in line for the WSU job, according to a report on Twitter. Look at Justin Parker from UCF, a former WSU guy and from Indiana. Very successful at UCF.

Reactions: jmbennett
Sogard is in line for the WSU job, according to a report on Twitter. Look at Justin Parker from UCF, a former WSU guy and from Indiana. Very successful at UCF.
interesting: I would've expected Talarico the more likely WSU replacement from Mercer's staff than Sogard; maybe Talarico's coming to Bloomington too? Ft. Wayne Dwenger alum, IIRC...

So I'm confused now.....somebody enlighten me....

Can a baseball program have 3 paid asst coaches?? Looking at Minneosta, they appear to have 3 FT, paid asst coaches, plus a "Director of Baseball Operations".....looking at Iowa & MSU, they have 2, plus an unpaid volunteer coach and the DoBOs(Iowa only).

I thought the rumor was that Rolen would be an umpaid volunteer coach---it looks like that position went to Dykes. So will Rolen have no official position on the staff, or is there a spot available?

So I'm confused now.....somebody enlighten me....

Can a baseball program have 3 paid asst coaches?? Looking at Minneosta, they appear to have 3 FT, paid asst coaches, plus a "Director of Baseball Operations".....looking at Iowa & MSU, they have 2, plus an unpaid volunteer coach and the DoBOs(Iowa only).

I thought the rumor was that Rolen would be an umpaid volunteer coach---it looks like that position went to Dykes. So will Rolen have no official position on the staff, or is there a spot available?

OK....so apparently college staffs are adding a paid 3rd asst coach position starting in the Fall......given that Dykes is moving from a paid D1 position to an unpaid position, at present, I guess we can assume he will be FT starting in the Fall? And that Rolen, if he has an official position, would be the unpaid volunteer coach?

Reactions: snowling
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT