ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant coach candidate: Drew Adams from Bradley

MikeHoncho69

Sophomore
Jan 15, 2018
Here's a name for assistant coach that Jeff Rabjohns mentioned on the JMV show yesterday: Drew Adams from Bradley.

Here's some pertinent information from his bio:

"Following the 2019-20 campaign, Adams was voted as one of the top five assistant coaches in the Missouri Valley Conference, while also earning Top 50 Most Impactful Mid Major Assistants distinction from Silver Waves Media."

"A key recruiter with the Braves, Adams helped turn the nation’s youngest team with just five wins in 2015-16 into conference champions and an appearance in the NCAA Tournament just three years later in 2018-19 – Bradley first MVC Tournament title since 1988. BU then repeated as conference champions in 2020, marking the first time since 1954 and 1955 the Braves qualified for the NCAA Tournament in back-to-back seasons."

"After graduating from Tennessee in 2009, Adams spent two years on Tom Crean’s staff at Indiana, first as Coordinator of Basketball Systems in 2009-10 before being promoted to Director of Operations for the 2010-11 season. He also has coached on the AAU level for the Indiana Elite program."

"A 2004 graduate of Bloomington High School South, Adams spent three years playing for head coach J.R. Holmes. During his senior season at South, the Panthers won Conference Indiana and he was selected as team captain, was the team's leading scorer and was an all-conference selection. He earned his bachelor's degree in sports management from Tennessee in 2009."

If Rabjohns says it, you know it’s false. Guy is clueless.

Adams was only at IU for the Parea and Jurkin A-Hope pipeline.
With Adams being a Bloomington native who has already worked for the program as well as the top AAU program in the state, I would view Adams as an asset.

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh.13
With Adams being a Bloomington native who has already worked for the program as well as the top AAU program in the state, I would view Adams as an asset.
Adams was named in that crappy ESPN article accusing Crean and IU of sketchy recruiting with AHOPE and Indiana Elite. He moved on to Alfords staff in the wake of the accusations. It was brought on by Scott Drew. That’s why both names are now kryptonite. I seriously doubt he’s a candidate.

Reactions: Lucy01 and mk23
Adams was named in that crappy ESPN article accusing Crean and IU of sketchy recruiting with AHOPE and Indiana Elite. He moved on to Alfords staff in the wake of the accusations. It was brought on by Scott Drew. That’s why both names are now kryptonite. I seriously doubt he’s a candidate.
Understood. I was not aware of Adams' involvement in that situation.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Didn't Mark Adams (Drew's dad) run the AHOPE program? If memory serves, they took in a few of those kids and it wasn't necessarily a "booster" issue.
It was a sticker they bought from the alumni association that was flagged. Then all the stuff that was supposedly bought for the recruits by adams and AHOPE. It was a puff piece that was stretching violations. It was an attempt by Scott Drew to get back at us for out recruiting him.

Understood. I was not aware of Adams' involvement in that situation.
Not surprising. This is why you should run all your coaching suggestions by Thad Matta first, to guard against your lack of awareness. That's the kind of thing Matta is supposed to handle.

Drew is a complete douchebag. We are the same age, I played on his basketball team when we were 6 at the boys and girls club. His dad actually took him off the team after we lost a game. LOL.

I once told him I was going to take a baseball bat to his head after a girl told me he hit her in Highschool. Few people I really dislike still. Him and his dad are complete scum.

Drew is a complete douchebag. We are the same age, I played on his basketball team when we were 6 at the boys and girls club. His dad actually took him off the team after we lost a game. LOL.

I once told him I was going to take a baseball bat to his head after a girl told me he hit her in Highschool. Few people I really dislike still. Him and his dad are complete scum.
Wow. That's a bit harsh.

I coached him in the YMCA league when I was a student at IU. I remember him because he was a lot smaller than the other kids and had a perfect jump shot at 11 years old. He was definitely competitive, but seemed like a good kid.

Completely shocked that our resident boxing ringer would have to resort to violence with a deadly weapon. Thought you were tougher Sean.

• Haha

And here I thought you redeemed yourself on the last few posts. Good lord man.

And here I thought you redeemed yourself on the last few posts. Good lord man.
Really dislike him. I haven’t talked or seen him in 15 years. Maybe he has changed. You are from Bloomington, you have your own opinion. He hit a girl, hot button with me then, and now!

Wow. That's a bit harsh.

I coached him in the YMCA league when I was a student at IU. I remember him because he was a lot smaller than the other kids and had a perfect jump shot at 11 years old. He was definitely competitive, but seemed like a good kid.
Chubby lil guy back then look like a chipmunk? Man I have a horrible memory, but I have his shit eating grin engrained in my brain.

Really dislike him. I haven’t talked or seen him in 15 years. Maybe he has changed. You are from Bloomington, you have your own opinion. He hit a girl, hot button with me then, and now!
I’m not fond of them but damn bro. I seriously doubt that he will be considered at all.

I’m not fond of them but damn bro. I seriously doubt that he will be considered at all.

least you know how I feel. His dad.... man. Don’t get me started on Ahope. The Adam’s are part of IU and crean cheating and being bad at it. We gave Drew a job for Hanner, that is very real.

if you have followed me on here I have hated hanner since the jump. More than any Hoosier ever to lace em up.

least you know how I feel. His dad.... man. Don’t get me started on Ahope. The Adam’s are part of IU and crean cheating and being bad at it. We gave Drew a job for Hanner, that is very real.

if you have followed me on here I have hated hanner since the jump. More than any Hoosier ever to lace em up.
That’s really not cheating. That’s just being slimy. I get it though. There are literally dozens of programs for kids like that. They ran just one. Hanner was just not very good. Off the charts athletic but not much Basketball IQ. He was just a pawn.

It was a sticker they bought from the alumni association that was flagged. Then all the stuff that was supposedly bought for the recruits by adams and AHOPE. It was a puff piece that was stretching violations. It was an attempt by Scott Drew to get back at us for out recruiting him.
Would you say the same thing if it was UK or Duke? I’ve never understood the double standard some fans have. I don’t know why it makes people feel better.

Would you say the same thing if it was UK or Duke? I’ve never understood the double standard some fans have. I don’t know why it makes people feel better.
You read to much into it. It’s what the story was viewed as not just my opinion. I’m explaining why IU won’t hire both candidates. Nothing more. Hope you didn’t waste one of your precious comments on trying to start a troll argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT