ADVERTISEMENT

Assistance requested for how to sync radio feed with LAPTOP stream of IU games.

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Could probably figure this out on my own but what I'm seeing on the net seems specific to TV use. Want to do this on my laptop so I can hear Fisch as opposed to whomever BTN/ESPN chooses and don't want to waste time discovering that what works on a TV doesn't work on a computer. Asking for direction from someone who has actually been there, done that. Needless to say would be very much obliged. Thanks.

I would think what works on the TV would work for a laptop, too. Just pause the TV feed until the radio feed catches up to it, then unpause the video feed. This only works if TV is ahead of the radio broadcast. If the radio is ahead, I haven’t found anything to sync them, except trying a different source for the radio, like satellite.

I would think what works on the TV would work for a laptop, too. Just pause the TV feed until the radio feed catches up to it, then unpause the video feed. This only works if TV is ahead of the radio broadcast. If the radio is ahead, I haven’t found anything to sync them, except trying a different source for the radio, like satellite.
Thanks but not interested in theory. FTR, TV is never ahead of radio IME of IU games.

Could probably figure this out on my own but what I'm seeing on the net seems specific to TV use. Want to do this on my laptop so I can hear Fisch as opposed to whomever BTN/ESPN chooses and don't want to waste time discovering that what works on a TV doesn't work on a computer. Asking for direction from someone who has actually been there, done that. Needless to say would be very much obliged. Thanks.

Saw that earlier but since the instructions only specifically mention how to do it using a DVR, looked like it might be a rabbit hole. Will give it a shot. Thanks.

OK tried it and can't figure out how to delay the radio feed.

Control/Alt/Delete
On a MAC it's Control Option Escape and fail to see how forcing my system to shut down is of any value. Not to say I don't see ways that would/could be of use.,.

Have you tried to stream the audio instead of using the radio? The audio stream is usually delayed enough that you can pause the video (via TV or PC ) to “ wait” for the audio stream to catch up.

I use siriusxm to stream … it is always behind the video and I just pause the video and then play when the audio stream reaches that point. On close games I tend to stay off of here so I don’t get updates here or with mobile notifications that would spoil my watching the game.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Streaming both TV feed and audio wiil work... xfinity or DirecTV allow you to go back or forward on stream. The Varsity app allows you to pause audio stream then resume where you paused for the time you need for synching. I have chromecast audio connected to surround sound speakers and can cast the Varsity audio from phone app.

OK. Figured out how to delay the radio with the Varsity App - should be golden, though after all that may opt to try TMP's way at least for tomorrow's tilt. Thanks all.

Reactions: Cavanagh
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT