ADVERTISEMENT

As the days wain I pray

davegolf

All-American
Sep 18, 2001
that we at some point can put partisan politics aside and look with open eyes at what is happening in the Middle East and more particularly Yemen. Goodwin says it all and some will chose to attack him for it. I commend him for the truth and Saudi Arabia and theirs Arab partners in forming an Army and taking the battle to the Iran backed Yemen terrorists. Ten years ago I would almost guarantee that we were helping behind the scene but today have no clue where this President stands.

Goodwin Race to Chaos

Nuclear Iran = Bad

On that everyone agrees. As I pointed out in the contentious thread below, however, the opponents of negotiation offer no alternative -- except the war they (mostly) can't admit that they want.

Once again, I offer the opponents of negotiation the opportunity to sketch out their alternate vision. What should be our objective? How should we obtain it? What should we do that we aren't doing? What shouldn't we do that we are doing? Without the "NEVER AGAIN" rhetoric, what exactly do you propose?

Re: Nuclear Iran = Bad

IMO I compare this to the situation with Germany in the late 30's early 40's only worse. Iran with a nuclear bomb is 10 times worse than Germany with conventional bombs and the Luftwaffe. There leaders were/are zealots and crazies which mimic each other.
This post was edited on 3/30 7:30 AM by davegolf

I fear we are seeing the beginning of world war 3. The political situation throughout the entire Middle East is the most unstable it has been in decades. Throw in the instability in Africa and the Russian tensions and anything could happen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: Nuclear Iran = Bad

Germany in the 40s? Don't you mean the c 30s?

So it's Obama's fault!

What a surprise!

You are against the president's effort to negotiated settlement with Iran on the very topic. Would you be satisfied if the president declares war against them and nuke them? Or is it that you are against the president for whatever he does?

Re: So it's Obama's fault!

This is a negotiated delay for an ultimate war in the Middle East and the people in the region deserve peace and security not a drum beating Iran who supports and promotes terrorism around the World. Supporting this President is one thing but giving aid and comfort to the enemy is another. If this happens on his watch unequivocally it is his responsibility. You can't blame anyone else for these negotiations. Ask yourself why Iran is trying to protect one of its sites from the negotiation inspection process.

Not everyone.... I think Pakistan and North Korea are far worse...

The Iranians are a rather intellectual people... If they get nukes... The biggest problem they will have is somebody making it look like a nuke came from their direction... Those other countries are more of a threat to international peace... And I believe would sell a weapon to the highest bidder or give one to the terrorist whose plan is most likely to succeed... Any country with a nuke = bad... Oppenheimer would be spinning like a top in his grave except he was cremated... In regards to Iran, You dont fight with a neighboring country for 10 years without having serious ideological differences... Religious or territorial or other reasons...

This post was edited on 3/30 10:46 AM by AEgley

This post was edited on 3/30 11:12 AM by AEgley

Re: Not everyone.... I think Pakistan and North Korea are far worse...

Our negotiating team is in great hands. John Kerry Says Nuclear Deal With Iran is Possible: "If Allah Wills It"

John Kerry told reporter Laura Rozen this weekend that a nuclear deal with Iran is possible, "Inshallah."

What are you saying? When you say "negotiated delay, do you mean we should not delay and nuke Iran? Why is negotiating to discouraging them to produce nuclear arms promoting terrorism? As the president, shouldn't he try to lessen the danger of Iran developing nuclear arms?

Suppose Obama listens to your advice and nuke Iran. Will you be happy? Or, will you hate him for that?

It seems like your position is to hate him either way. So much hatred is not healthy for you. You should see a shrink.
frown.r191677.gif

There is no discouragement! We don't need to nuke anyone just negotiate from strength and solve the problem. France is getting it why can't you!!

If Israel thinks Iran is getting close to nuke break through...will they ..

Take action by themselves?... Regardless of what deal Obama makes with them?

Re: If Israel thinks Iran is getting close to nuke break through...will they ..

Whether true or not I have no clue but there was a news article a couple of weeks back that claims we threatened to shoot down Israel planes if they attempted to go it alone last year.

Re: Not everyone.... I think Pakistan and North Korea are far worse...

Heard an interesting comment last nite. Pragmatically if you are an Atheist you don't believe in Allah. If you are a religious believer God is all powerful. God does not negotiate he "commands". The conversation got deeper from there and I got lost in all the philosophy but needless to say an agreement was not reached last nite because Iran is refusing to transfer any nuclear material to Russia.

ADVERTISEMENT