ADVERTISEMENT

Armrest Etiquette

Each of these is advertised as providing a specific amount of leg room.

great.

just show exactly how many inches of legroom you were suppose to have per your purchase, and how many you actually got.

i presume you measured, as otherwise how could you know if you are being shorted when the seat in front of you is reclined.

i sympathize with your issue, i just disagree that the guy in front of you is responsible for solving your issue.

Last edited:
i sympathize with your issue, i just disagree that the guy in front of you is responsible for solving your issue.
I’m not looking for sympathy, and it’s not really an issue for me. When a passenger reclines onto my knees, she’s is probably going to feel my knees. That’s a fact. If she can live with it, I can live with it. Again, with the exception of one greased up dude, who undoubtedly left a stain on his seat, the longest anyone has lasted is about 5 minutes.

I have no problem with it working out that way, and I don’t need to call the authorities to complain when it happens.

I’m not looking for sympathy, and it’s not really an issue for me. When a passenger reclines onto my knees, she’s is probably going to feel my knees. That’s a fact. If she can live with it, I can live with it. Again, with the exception of one greased up dude, who undoubtedly left a stain on his seat, the longest anyone has lasted is about 5 minutes.

I have no problem with it working out that way, and I don’t need to call the authorities to complain when it happens.
Would be awesome to see you sliding down in the seat banging your knees on the seat in front of you and sobbing like a petulant child. I would allow the flight attendant to handle your tantrum while others got out their phones to record. Grow up.

Would be awesome to see you sliding down in the seat banging your knees on the seat in front of you and sobbing like a petulant child. I would allow the flight attendant to handle your tantrum while others got out their phones to record. Grow up.

can't wait to see it when McNutt is the guy in front of him.

i'm thinking viral before the plane reaches the gate.

can't wait to see it when McNutt is the guy in front of him.

i'm thinking viral before the plane reaches the gate.
I’ll wear that @McNutt76 comparison like a badge of honor. Thank you.

I’ve never had anyone so much as peek between the seats. I assume that when they feel the initial resistance, they immediately realize they have encroached someone’s space. What do you do? Push back harder?

I’ve never encountered the likes of you guys. You’re a rare breed. You keep being you and understand that as you hurtle through space, a large segment of the population thinks you are a self-absorbed prick. Congrats on that, I suppose.

Last edited:

I’ve never had anyone so much as peek between the seats. I assume that when they feel the initial resistance, they immediately realize they have encroached someone’s space. What do you? Push back harder?

I’ve never encountered the likes of you guys. You’re a rare breed. You keep being you and understand that as you hurtle through space, a large segment of the population thinks your a self-absorbed prick. Congrats on that, I suppose.
While you are sobbing about rude entitled IU grads...please tell us more about how Woodson recruiting = Calipari...that was a cool story. Look, if you wanted to be an IU grad, perhaps you should have buckled down a bit more in HS.

I am 6'1" with normal sized legs (32 inseam), but some economy flights give me no knee room. I once actually sliced open my knee on a Spirit flight, wearing shorts and cramming my knee into the seat pocket pouch, which had some sort of wire in it to keep its shape.

Recently I flew a couple of times on Spirit and they have some newer planes that are not so bad, in part the seat pouch was better designed to not dig into my knee.

I can't imagine how bad it is to be 6'5"+ and flying on Spirit/ Allegiant/Frontier. Yikes.

The leg room/ seating problem should take care of itself through science when you think about it. There is good data that shows tall people earn more money. They can afford first class or the exit row for that extra leg room.

The short, poors stay in coach.

The fatties, maybe we start storing them with the luggage?

I am 6'1" with normal sized legs (32 inseam), but some economy flights give me no knee room. I once actually sliced open my knee on a Spirit flight, wearing shorts and cramming my knee into the seat pocket pouch, which had some sort of wire in it to keep its shape.

Recently I flew a couple of times on Spirit and they have some newer planes that are not so bad, in part the seat pouch was better designed to not dig into my knee.

I can't imagine how bad it is to be 6'5"+ and flying on Spirit/ Allegiant/Frontier. Yikes.
Imagine how crappy your flight could have been. That’s all I’m sayin’.

Don't wear shorts on a flight please.

Anyone that flies on those airlines deserves whatever they get.

Don't wear shorts on a flight please.
Why? They aren't nuthuggers or anything. Nice multipocketed, nearly knee length, loose fitting, cool and comfy, cotton weave, clean nice-looking shorts. I am not wearing them in January, but in summer it is what I will wear.

You want me to sweat, before the AC fully kicks in on the hot plane that has been sitting in the sun? Perv!

Anyone that flies on those airlines deserves whatever they get.
I take them when they fly direct routes that the big guys don't. Most recently, a flight from south Florida direct to Syracuse. There was one and only one choice on my day of travel: Frontier. Beats a layover in NYC.

Why? They aren't nuthuggers or anything. Nice multipocketed, nearly knee length, loose fitting, cool and comfy, cotton weave, clean nice-looking shorts. I am not wearing them in January, but in summer it is what I will wear.

You want me to sweat, before the AC fully kicks in on the hot plane that has been sitting in the sun? Perv!
Cargo shorts...really?
😣

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

I’ve never had anyone so much as peek between the seats. I assume that when they feel the initial resistance, they immediately realize they have encroached someone’s space. What do you do? Push back harder?

I’ve never encountered the likes of you guys. You’re a rare breed. You keep being you and understand that as you hurtle through space, a large segment of the population thinks you are a self-absorbed prick. Congrats on that, I suppose.
You sound like a flying dick. I’ve flown Chicago to Tokyo and New York to Dubai and I’d bet everyone was reclined as much as they could recline. No one loves these flights, but everyone wants to get into a position that allows some sleep and everyone understands it. I’ve never heard of anyone complaining about people reclining until this thread and you sound like a real dick about.

Also I wear shorts while flying most of the time and I don’t believe I’ve heard complaints about that before this thread either. Did that last week to and from DC and I bet half the passengers on the flight were wearing shorts. What’s to complain about?

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
You sound like a flying dick. I’ve flown Chicago to Tokyo and New York to Dubai and I’d bet everyone was reclined as much as they could recline. No one loves these flights, but everyone wants to get into a position that allows some sleep and everyone understands it. I’ve never heard of anyone complaining about people reclining until this thread and you sound like a real dick about.

Also I wear shorts while flying most of the time and I don’t believe I’ve heard complaints about that before this thread either. Did that last week to and from DC and I bet half the passengers on the flight were wearing shorts. What’s to complain about?
Yeah, someone sounds like a dick. Good call.

I would love to see him sliding down in his seat to bang on the back of the seat in front of him while sobbing. Such a tool. Earl must have a miserable existance.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Well there is a HUGE difference between an international plane’s leg room and a domestic cattle car. I’ve done the usual Chicago to the UK, Amsterdam, etc and Washington or NYC to Johannesburg and I’m 6’3”. The international can recline their seat in front of me and I have zero issues. The cattle car...not so much. I mean I’m not going to throw a fit and I always go aisle so I don’t really care.

Well there is a HUGE difference between an international plane’s leg room and a domestic cattle car. I’ve done the usual Chicago to the UK, Amsterdam, etc and Washington or NYC to Johannesburg and I’m 6’3”. The international can recline their seat in front of me and I have zero issues. The cattle car...not so much. I mean I’m not going to throw a fit and I always go aisle so I don’t really care.
Don’t confuse these guys with facts. All they want to do is feel better about their bad behavior.

Don’t confuse these guys with facts. All they want to do is feel better about their bad behavior.
I’ve flown about every type of flight and probably to more places than you. I think you’re the “bad behavior” guy in these scenarios. Tolerance during flights is expected and you seem to have little to none.

I’ve flown about every type of flight and probably to more places than you. I think you’re the “bad behavior” guy in these scenarios. Tolerance during flights is expected and you seem to have little to none.
I can’t imagine a scenario where someone slams their seat into my knee caps, and I’m the bad guy for not splaying my legs into the space in front of the people sitting next to me. You can max recline, but you’re going to hit my knees, and I’m not going to move to accommodate your selfish behavior by encroaching on my neighbors or hanging one of my legs into the aisle. If you expect me to do that just so you can be comfortable, you’re the guilty party. Not everyone has a 29 inch inseam, Magilla.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT