ADVERTISEMENT

Are you rooting for IU to win tonight...Yes, No, Don't Care*

Of course

I'd never cheer against them. They played very hard yesterday and def played better defense. Shame about Hanner, imagine he is done for the year.

Yep. Pretty much

but it was more than money. As has been pointed out below, he's making less there
This post was edited on 3/13 1:25 PM by crossfire74

I really enjoyed it.

I finally got my hands on Habanero and Grapefruit Sculpin a couple weeks ago. I was limited to 2 each, but that was fine. I liked both a lot. I preferred the habanero and thought the heat level was just right, giving just that little burn in the back of the throat. Grapefruit was good and I'd drink it more often than the habanero, but I don't think I prefer it to straight up original Sculpin.

Yesterday Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter finally hit Peoria. I had a couple with wood fired pizza for dinner. Oh man. I have a new go to. I thought it was everything it was advertised as being, that is a year round, fantastic wet hopped IPA. This will be in my rotation from here on out. They have really been killing it this year. I think I have enjoyed Nooner Pils and Hoppy Lager a bit more than most.

You just made up a bunch of crap, but I will respond......

The first time I met CTC, I was not a fan of him personally, but I was willing to let that go if he could turn IU around. (there are posters here that received my email about his used car salesman feeling I got from him)

I thought his early teams played hard and were obviously lacking talent, so I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he deserved a chance to put his system in. Year three, I began to wonder, he didn't seem to adjust to the personnel he had, but I still thought that maybe he was trying to implement his system and hoping that the upper classmen would become mentors for the younger players.

Then Zeller was signed, a huge get and I was ready to see what he could do, he had all the talent and balance he needs.

I then started to see the teams still trying to run a system not suited for the personnel. He had no idea how to use Zeller other then make him run down court really fast.

Then the Butler loss happened in Indy and I was officially off the Tom Crean wagon. He was completely out coached and embarrassed. The Syracuse debacle only confirmed that he had no idea how to coach outside of his limited comfort zone.

There are plenty of other things to dislike. His substitutions, His lack of adjustments, His refusal to adapt to his personnel, his Creaning, he lack of ability to balance a roster and so on.

I also worked in Bloomington for a member of the staff and was around Crean enough times to see what he is.

Anyone tried Sunshine Daydream by Fat Head.......

picked up a six at lunch. I've liked the other FH ales I've tried.

McHoop

Get some Central Waters Space Ghost.

It's one of the best spicy pepper beers I've had. It's an imperial stout brewed with ghost peppers. The heat and pepper taste is just in the background, but it's nice.

I've had this discussion before with Hoops. He's not a fan. I am, and that's cool. My all time favorite chile beers are 1A Perennial Abraxas and 1B Stone Xocoveza. Both are phenomenal. I'm still sorry I couldn't find Abraxas for you. I've only seen it here once on draft in the last couple years and not in bottles at all.

Not sure which you understand less of: English or basketball. Oh well, I

have attempted my charity for the day. This is why I generally don't assist the handicapped.

The rest of the morans may carry on.

I'll applaud you for the number of ways you attempt to win arguments

by declaring the other party stupid.

Lawyerin' 101.

The Butler game.....

...was definitely a red flag for me but it wasn't until the OSU loss at home/cutting the nets bullsh!t where I was completely off the wagon.

That was the douchey-ist move for a head coach I've ever witnessed.

Have a friend around year 3 and 4 that kept telling me he was underrated and Stevens was the man for the job....I kept telling him just to give him more time.....damn, was I blind.

If it was that kneecap popping out, it's almost good and bad news at the

same time. Good that it wasn't a ligament situation, bad because it shows that the knee may never be fully healed from the initial injury.

I've never read the details of how exactly the injury happened in practice.

I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not.

This is your team.
My team is on the floor.

The Hickory High Booster Club thinks you suck.

That's sound like a recipe for....

ruining a damn near perfect IPA!

I compare those kinds of shenanigans to the idea of putting names on the back of our jerseys.

"Was this logical? I don't know, probably not."

There's the cognitive dissonance.

Some people feel that it's illogical, and as a result, logically come to the conclusion that winning enough games to avoid a change (but not enough to actually make progress) is bad for the future of the IU program. It's being stagnant.

You could come to the conclusion that it'd be dishonest to actually cheer for wins in that circumstance.

You see that as a possibility, but have come to a different conclusion. I don't think it's fair to discredit folks who have seen the same evidence and come to a different conclusion.

That pretty much sums it up...

Originally posted by Zizkov:
anything that keeps Crean at IU hurts the program unless you are satisfied with the results.

You either want a top program or not. You can't have it both ways.

I would rather IU go 0-30 and get rid of Crean then go 20-11 and keep him around.

Why? Because I want IU to be a top 5 school. I want them to be the best. Call me a bad fan for wanting IU to be top 5 if you want, but don't pretend you are a good fan for supporting complete dogshit basketball.

I still say it peopel like you that hurt the program in the long term.

Now get you cheerleader outfit on, but please post no pics.
That's exactly how I feel and have felt since the Ohio State senior night loss in 2013.

Well...

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

This post was edited on 3/13 3:54 PM by Stunnedmonkey

I buy it regularly

It's right in line with most other session IPA's like Founders All Day, Lagunitas Daytime, or Stone Go To IPA.

It'll never stand up to a real IPA but for those times you want a low alcohol option with an IPA character, it's a winner. I always have this option in the fridge.

You are so full of crap.

You just post what you think people want to hear depending on the board. You're all rah rah on Wilson on the football board. Smith leaving for ASU was a no brainer. We've come a long way, but B1G baseball is still basically mid major. And Lemonis is doing/will do fine, so who really cares. And how does players leaving after a coaching change make the the WBB program in shambles? You're not an insider, and you weren't when you were Mac either.

This post was edited on 3/13 5:00 PM by RBB89

Why would anyone root for us to lose?

Supporting this coach is basically rooting for us to fail.

Why would anyone do that?

ADVERTISEMENT