ADVERTISEMENT

Are you rooting for IU to win tonight...Yes, No, Don't Care*

Absolutely rooting for the win. You can hope for a coaching

..change, and you can be positive that a coaching change would be better for the program in the long run and the immediate future, but that doesn't mean you're rooting for an IU loss to Maryland.

Don't care. Won't be watching,

Crean and Glass already have their excuses lined up: "We didn't have Hanner!! Daryl Thomas aka Devin Davis was out all year!!"

Done watching, just not done being bitter.

^^^^This is the correct answer^^^^

If the necessary evidence for a coaching change isn't already readily apparent, then I don't trust the people making those decisions. The wins and losses are only part of that equation, and only after you take a look at the teams we beat or lost to, and how we managed to win or lose and/or the reason that we won or lost. If you view our season in that context, and in the context of the roster that this coach put together, the coaching change occurs even if we go on a weird run and win some games as the season comes to an end.

In any event, once the ref tosses the ball in the air, I'm for IU....

Tina Turner would be ashamed of all you ratards....

....just won't let yourself get out of a bad relationship.

Whatever gets the spazz out the door quicker I'm rooting for......because I actually care about the FUTURE of IU bball.

I can't believe that

No one has brought up the fact that, as the 10 seed, if this were the old Big Ten, we would have just beaten the last place Wildcats...

Reading the Premier you'd think we just won the Big Ten outright.

Nothing like squeaking into the Tournament, mainly because all the other bubble teams seem to suck worse that us, and championing it as a success, and evidence that Crean has us on the right track.

I feel sick.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

No doubt.....

.....everyone has become basketball dumb.....like the orange one.

Sheeple.....all of them.

Largely don't care, even though I watched some of last night's game and

will likely catch all of tonight's game.

I find myself being happy when Indiana plays good basketball, but I also am pleased when the other team takes advantage of IU's rampant stupidity. In other words, I watch it like I would any other random game and am pleased with good play.

On the coaching change, I'm with Homer. Either the admin. is competent enough that they started this transition about a year ago, and tonight's game matters little. Or they are so dumb that if tonight's game matters at all there is precious little chance IU puts together a good hire.

I think, for the most part...

that this board is generally free from the Orange Measles....

Most posters here are resigned to the fact that Crean sucks, and want his removal toot sweet.

I think the spectrum ranges from those like Orange Onslaught (Burn The Mall Ralphie?) who are so pissed about it that they won't watch entirely, to those like me, who will watch and root, even though its like watching a train wreck sometimes. Why do I watch? I don't know.

Your last paragraph

Is right on the money.

Fred Glass is either smart and understands perfectly, or is so inept that it's a wonder how he makes it through the day without setting himself on fire.

The next few weeks will tell us everything.

Is he the guy who fired Bill Lynch? Or is he the guy who extended Tom Crean?

Jesus, this sucks.

As FL33 said ...

I'm right.

Most folks are used to me being right, and those who aren't just haven't learned enough yet.

I'm right.

Yay for me....

Yes, always

I'm over Crean like most, but am not jumping off cliffs or throwing temper tantrums like a hormonal teenage girl because he's still the coach

Sorry if this ruffles feathers, but basically, you're admiting you are not

a fan of Indiana Basketball. That's fine, I have no problem with that, there's millions of people who aren't fans of Indiana Basketball.

"I find myself being happy when Indiana plays good
basketball, but I also am pleased when the other team takes advantage of
IU's rampant stupidity. In other words, I watch it like I would any
other random game and am pleased with good play."

That's the statement of someone who is not a fan of that particular team, which again, is totally acceptable.

What I find unbelievable is those who will claim that the above attitude somehow constitutes what a fan of Indiana Basketball should be.

You can hate Tom Crean, hate the administration, hate the players, hate the student section, hate the alumni section, hate the band, hate the scoreboard, hate the uniforms, etc., but if you enjoy seeing them lose, or are apathetic about that, then you aren't a fan of Indiana Basketball, you're a fan of the kind of basketball you'd like to see Indiana play. I suggest you become a fan of teams that do that and support them, and then change again if they stop playing that way, and then change again when that 3rd team doesn;t play that way....and on and on and on.

Sorry to stick up for being a fan of the team that theoretically is the reason we are all posting here.

Oh, and before the straw man posts start, I don't care about Tom Crean, I'm not defending him, or saying he's even a good coach.

all my emotions nicely packaged in 1 photo...

01_00760343.jpg

Cool.....

...so you enjoy watching a sh!tty product. Awesome....good for you.

You're like the woman who stays with an abusive husband...."but he's the father of my kids....and I still LOVE him"

Haha....thanks for the laugh.

And I HATE seeing IU lose.....that's why he must go quickly....and WHATEVER does that is what I want.

Glass may be a great fundraiser, but he's proven very incompetent in

Hiring coaches. He didn't hire Crean, but his handling is terrible. Women's Bball is pretty much in shambles, he allowed the greatest baseball coach in baseball history to leave, jury is still out on Kevin Wilson who recruits well and sells, but where are the wins? Facilities and fundraising are great but somewhere along the line winning, and doing it consistantly matters the most or should. I'm not confident I. His abilities to manage or hire someone worth a salt.

the old "not a true fan" post reply

I can empathize with FL33 as I'm pretty much in the same boat but mine stems from being sick and tired of getting mad at what I'm watching on the floor these past 7 years. The past couple of seasons I watch sometimes as a general fan would and being excited when I see good play but not allowing myself to get too wrapped up in the strategy and tactics employed to get that good play. Last night we won despite a lot of questionable decisions. We still play zone way too much, we run questionable line ups out there, and we run until the wheels fall off. No coach will make the right decisions EVERYTIME but he makes the same mistakes he made year 1 over and over.

But anyway, I'm the biggest IU fan on the planet, but I got tired of being mad all the time so I still root like heck, but at a distance.

ASU baseball in a step up from IU...

would be dream job-ish like everyone thinks of Stevens to IU. Can't knock Glass on that one, did everything he could.

My ideal situation involves IU winning, and continuing to win.

And then Crean and IU parting ways.

actually he didn't

But I suppose that's more inside info than I should have indulged. Glass spun it but Smith wanted to stay.

Yeah, but that's not what he said. You said you HATE to see IU lose....

That's my point, hating to see them lose is very different than what the post said, the post said he was happy when we played stupidly and that he didn't care if we lost.

Yeah, Tracy Smith was more or less a stopover...

I remember being told to enjoy him while he was here because it wouldn't be long until he left.

I predicted a straw man and got one, I never said "true fan" I was more

Blunt and specific, and not emotional. I said: "that attitude makes you not a fan". Not "true" or "good enough" or "a better fan would".... It's simple, his post said specifically that he feels about IU the same as he feels about any other team, and that, by definition, makes you not a fan of IU. What I do get annoyed about is the perception that is taking hold that somehow, exhibiting the characteristics of a fan of IU, somehow makes you NOT a fan.

Agreed.

I can't/won't root for them to lose. But I'm definitely ready to move on from the Crean Era...it has run its course.

I will say if one more year of Crean keeps Yogi and gets us closer to Stevens (as it seems less and less likely he is ready to leave Boston/come to IU now)...I can deal with that.

But ultimately, barring some miracle (which still wouldn't be sustainable), Crean needs to move on. For everyone's sake.

Facilites

The master plan was started several years before Fast Freddy was AD. With the B1G network $ coming in facilities would've improved with a chimp in the AD chair. Sure the Simon-Sceghtotthghgtzvr Assembly Hall gift came in but big deal, not like hundreds of other ADs couldn't have made that happen. I mean, It's Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT