ADVERTISEMENT

Are we ready To have the hard conversations?

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
I have read this three times already this AM on various platforms including the new Facebook...LinkedIn.

I have a rather direct answer: Yes...are you?

First let's define what you mean by "conversation".

If, by "conversation" you mean a two-way dialoge where all parties are expected to express concerns, experiences, fears, beliefs and observations without judgement or being called names...let's go. I have a lot to learn and want to do my part to make this a better more inclusive world.

If, by "conversation" you mean me sitting and being lectured to about white privledge, economic privledge, systematic racism and my debt based upon the sins of my great great grandparents (oh wait, they were not slave owners or even on US soil) and why I am in general a seven-way "ist". Then no,

Let me know when you are ready to have the hard conversations.

I have read this three times already this AM on various platforms including the new Facebook...LinkedIn.

If, by "conversation" you mean a two-way dialoge where all parties are expected to express concerns, experiences, fears, beliefs and observations without judgement or being called names...let's go. I have a lot to learn and want to do my part to make this a better more inclusive world.

If, by "conversation" you mean me sitting and being lectured to about white privledge, economic privledge, systematic racism and my debt based upon the sins of my great great grandparents (oh wait, they were not slave owners or even on US soil) and why I am in general a seven-way "ist". Then no,

Burgess Owens gave the Keynote Address to the hard conversation convention yesterday as he smashed Biden‘s, the Democrats’, MLB’s, and the pop culture’s dumbassed “Jim Crow on Steroids” nonsense.

A snippet about Jim Crow laws:

“At the age of 12, my father allowed me to participate in a demonstration with college students in front of the segregated Florida state theater, where because of our color, we could not enter. I was the youngest participant there,” he recalled. “In the seventh grade, my school never received new books. Instead, we received books from the all-white school across town.”​
“At service stations, there were white-men-only restrooms, white-women-only restrooms, and a filthy restroom in the back of the restroom for black Americans designated as ‘colored.’ In addition, Jim Crow laws like poll tax, property tests, literacy tests, and biased intimidation at the polls made it nearly impossible for black Americans to vote,” Owens said.​
He then turned to the Georgia law, which President Joe Biden called “Jim Crow on steroids.”​
“The section of the Georgia law that has brought so much outrage from the Left simply requires any person applying for an absentee ballot to include evidence of a government-issued ID on their application,” Owens explained. “If a voter does not have a driver’s license or ID card, that voter can use a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or any other government document that shows a name and address of this voter. If a voter somehow cannot produce one of these above forms of ID, that voter can still vote and cast a vote through a provisional ballot.”​
Our racial discussion has gone totally off the rails thanks the Joe Biden’s, Stacy Abram‘s and others disgusting dishonesty. Jim Crow on Steroids indeed!

So, instead, we get to be lectured by the likes of COH?

Burgess Owens gave the Keynote Address to the hard conversation convention yesterday as he smashed Biden‘s, the Democrats’, MLB’s, and the pop culture’s dumbassed “Jim Crow on Steroids” nonsense.

“At the age of 12, my father allowed me to participate in a demonstration with college students in front of the segregated Florida state theater, where because of our color, we could not enter. I was the youngest participant there,” he recalled. “In the seventh grade, my school never received new books. Instead, we received books from the all-white school across town.”​
“At service stations, there were white-men-only restrooms, white-women-only restrooms, and a filthy restroom in the back of the restroom for black Americans designated as ‘colored.’ In addition, Jim Crow laws like poll tax, property tests, literacy tests, and biased intimidation at the polls made it nearly impossible for black Americans to vote,” Owens said.​
He then turned to the Georgia law, which President Joe Biden called “Jim Crow on steroids.”​
“The section of the Georgia law that has brought so much outrage from the Left simply requires any person applying for an absentee ballot to include evidence of a government-issued ID on their application,” Owens explained. “If a voter does not have a driver’s license or ID card, that voter can use a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or any other government document that shows a name and address of this voter. If a voter somehow cannot produce one of these above forms of ID, that voter can still vote and cast a vote through a provisional ballot.”​
Our racial discussion has gone totally off the rails thanks the Joe Biden’s, Stacy Abram‘s and others disgusting dishonesty. Jim Crow on Steroids indeed!

Reactions: mrhighlife
Most of us learned what quotation marks meant in elementary school. You must have
been protesting that day.
The Boston Tea Party set us on a protest road to hell. Shall we just erase that part of our history?

So, instead, we get to be lectured by the likes of COH?
Another lecture you’re auditing! You’re gettin close to a degree! A degree from Coh U! Throw in some health courses from HooDatGuy and Survival Courses from Hillzhoosier and we’ll be well on our way to de-programming you from the propaganda you picked up from that school in Bloomington.

Last edited:
Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Are these the conversations you want to have?

Unfortunately misinformation is huge business.

I'm calling BS on this as nothing more than a staged scare tactic.

His 'proof' could have been made by anyone in word.

There's no name, source or institution tied to his proof and as a self described lib tard myself, this is offensive if true because it's a discussion for a young adult, not a five year old.

I'm betting this is staged misinformation to get peopled riled up.

Reactions: UncleMark

There's no name, source or institution tied to his proof and as a self described lib tard myself, this is offensive if true because it's a discussion for a young adult, not a five year old.

What would you like to bet? I think you’re completely naive on this subject. I don’t mean naïve in the insulting way - I mean it in the literal way.

Rufo broke this story too. The audio of the headmaster agreeing with the fired professor just came out. You have no idea what’s happening at inner city schools and private elite institutions. It’s pure hatred. This is no worse or better than QAnon conspiracies.

I do not know if it is real or not. Time will tell. But if one googles "pyramid of hate", that term appears very frequently in Holocaust sites. A couple pages in and I don't see it being used by Black groups. And here is the "pyramid of hate" which I think could be an excellent discussion.

Reactions: TommyCracker

If you want to literally compare Jim Crow laws vs the massive amount of republican introduced legislation then cool story.

I would hope we have advanced enough as a society to realize just how blatent Jim Crow laws were to suppress the minority vote.

That's the spirit of Jim Crow laws.

That's the spirit of these republican introduced laws today.

You're just trying to do whatever you can to suppress the non republican vote.

I get it, republicans are a minority party so you have to do what you can to compete which means you have to cheat.

What's interesting is that Trump has invigorated a part of the base that goes against the traditional republican values. Rural, working class folks who are dependent on unions and social welfare programs and subsidies.

As you pivot towards them (and you have, Cruz has full on flipped to pro union) are you going to also become more anti corporate, more social program assistance, etc?

Mississippi, Alabama and West Virginia are all deep red states that also have the highest % of people using social programs.

My point is as the party moves forward being the white supremacist party, you're going to find yourself in quite the pickle as you continue to narrow cast the base.

Curious what you do.

You being the Republican party, not you as an individual.

What would you like to bet? I think you’re completely naive on this subject. I don’t mean naïve in the insulting way - I mean it in the literal way.

Rufo broke this story too. The audio of the headmaster agreeing with the fired professor just came out. You have no idea what’s happening at inner city schools and private elite institutions. It’s pure hatred. This is no worse or better than QAnon conspiracies.

I most definitely could be as I haven't been involved in public schools for years.

If true it's way over the top.

Again to me that's more of a college discussion.

Kindergarten is a, b, c's and 1, 2, 3's.

It has all the elements of right wing rage. Young kids, white reverse racism, liberal schools....all the hits.

That's why my uninformed gut tells me it's fabricated or greatly exaggerated to a complete distortion.

Especially since his proof is basic word documents with nothing named, etc that could be easily created by anyone.

Admittingly I don't know poop about it.

I do not know if it is real or not. Time will tell. But if one googles "pyramid of hate", that term appears very frequently in Holocaust sites. A couple pages in and I don't see it being used by Black groups. And here is the "pyramid of hate" which I think could be an excellent discussion.

Here's an article to clue you in where we're headed with this Critical Race Theory phenomenon. Growing by the day.....

I most definitely could be as I haven't been involved in public schools for years.

If true it's way over the top.

Again to me that's more of a college discussion.

Kindergarten is a, b, c's and 1, 2, 3's.

It has all the elements of right wing rage. Young kids, white reverse racism, liberal schools....all the hits.

That's why my uninformed gut tells me it's fabricated or greatly exaggerated to a complete distortion.

Especially since his proof is basic word documents with nothing named, etc that could be easily created by anyone.

Admittingly I don't know poop about it.
Name your terms. This is one where I’d love to be wrong.

If this story is true, which I believe it to be, look up Philly PS’s reading proficiency and tell me that spreading Marxist and racist propaganda is in the best interests of the students there

Another lecture you’re auditing! You’re gettin close to a degree! A degree from Coh U! Throw in some health courses from HooDatGuy and Survival Courses from Hillzhoosier and we’ll be well on our way to de-programming you from the propaganda you picked up from that school in Bloomington.

Receiving my degree from (left to right): Hoodat, Coh, Hillz.

782468e8e997d9301c052e61aeac2217.jpg

If this story is true, which I believe it to be, look up Philly PS’s reading proficiency and tell me that spreading Marxist and racist propaganda is in the best interests of the students there

I don't at all agree with that, which is why I don't believe it especially at the k through 3 level.

I definitely disagree with any 'racist' agenda, I mean who would right?

I do disagree in that we need to start calling a spade and spade and stop whitewashing history or teaching over the top nationalistic courses....but to me that's a discussion for a much higher grade history curriculum.

If this story is true I'll buy ya your drink of choice, hopefully celebrating over a big ten championship.

It really plays to the core of the liberal fear which is easy to manipulate and make money off of in subscribers, followers, etc.

I think this dude is being opportunistic.

Again, I don't know shit.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I don't at all agree with that, which is why I don't believe it especially at the k through 3 level.

I definitely disagree with any 'racist' agenda, I mean who would right?

I do disagree in that we need to start calling a spade and spade and stop whitewashing history or teaching over the top nationalistic courses....but to me that's a discussion for a much higher grade history curriculum.

If this story is true I'll buy ya your drink of choice, hopefully celebrating over a big ten championship.

It really plays to the core of the liberal fear which is easy to manipulate and make money off of in subscribers, followers, etc.

I think this dude is being opportunistic.

Again, I don't know shit.
Nobody but racists thinks that African Americans have had it easy. But there are strong movements now that have captured woke people that have taken it too far. They won’t rest until the entire socioeconomic system is inverted and we go full blown equality of outcome. That cannot happen or we will have a failed society. They’re starting with kindergartners. Lawsuits need to be filed.

Race baiters holler "Sellin' hate for $$$"
Some people just ain't people anymore

Hate just ate 'em
Straight out from the core
Need to show 'em the floor
And then the door

And take the money back.

Burn a building
Burn a life
Burn a family
Build some strife

Hate for dollars
Zero collars

And take the money back

Jack

Reactions: 76-1
My point is as the party moves forward being the white supremacist party, you're going to find yourself in quite the pickle as you continue to narrow cast the base.
What are you talking about? You do know I linked a quote from a black guy, correct? Are you continuing with that “you ain’t Black if you don’t support a Democrat” nonsense? If so, you have the problem.

What are you talking about? You do know I linked a quote from a black guy, correct? Are you continuing with that “you ain’t Black if you don’t support a Democrat” nonsense? If so, you have the problem.

For supposedly being colorblind, you sure do have quite the antenna for any percieved white male aggrievance.

If your party wants to continue doing things like blatent voter suppression against minorities, fear mongering for non white immigration, arguing that BLM is a domestic terrorist organization or simply being upset at the result of the Chauvin trial....it tends to play well with a certain segment that's terrified of a changing culture.

There's a reason why Tucker Carlson is watched multiple times by white supremist leaders and is beloved by David Duke.

Anyway, my point is Republicans are really getting themselves into a pickle. Deep down you know that the GOP is predominantly a white dominated party and it's getting tougher to hide it.

Even funnier is the juice of the base is Trumpism, which really is a group that only profiles to the party via race and very conservative religion.

As the party goes further down the Trumpicans rabbit hole, the party becomes more of a cultural war party, otherwise known as white value party.

Have fun being tied to that. I don't see any major pub leaders trying to shake that perception, but the opposite.

191231_mccarthy_hero.jpg

tell me Joe, how exactly did Karl get dragged into this?

even the most "woke" of the tv talking heads and social media icons and school administrators, all pay homage to and practice the Gordon Gekko school of economic theory.

when a school fires anyone for not being "woke" enough, that's capitalism being practiced to the max.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT