ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to have the size to compete next year?

Morgan? I wouldn't say he can "really shoot it." I'd call him an average shooter.
He didn't shoot as well from 3pt last year, but he still shot well from FT and 2pt range. As a freshman he shot very well from 3pt line. He will find his touch again and the offense will flow better. For a 6'7" forward he shoots pretty well.

My goodness - this would be an issue if IU were the only basketball program in the world doing this...If our 6-8 guys were 3 or 4 inches shorter than every other 6-8 guy from every other program that would cause concern.
Dumb and obnoxious.
Like I said, I understand why people here make fun of you so much.

He didn't shoot as well from 3pt last year, but he still shot well from FT and 2pt range. As a freshman he shot very well from 3pt line. He will find his touch again and the offense will flow better. For a 6'7" forward he shoots pretty well.

As a freshman, he only attempted 11 3's all year which is too small of a sample size in my opinion.

Reactions: T.M.P.
…………………./´¯/)
………………..,/¯../
………………./…./
…………./´¯/’…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./’/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..(‘(…´…´…. ¯~/’…’)
………\……………..’…../
……….”…\………. _.·´
…………\…………..(
…………..\………….\…
Easily your best work here. Basketball insight, not so much.

As a freshman, he only attempted 11 3's all year which is too small of a sample size in my opinion.
Doesn't matter. He shoots well enough from 3 that you have to guard him. And he shoots well from anywhere inside the arc. He plays defense very well against bigger opponents and he is quicker than most of them. Very good player for us and I think he really steps up this year. We shall see.

Doesn't matter. He shoots well enough from 3 that you have to guard him. And he shoots well from anywhere inside the arc. He plays defense very well against bigger opponents and he is quicker than most of them. Very good player for us and I think he really steps up this year. We shall see.

With a bigger sample size last year, he shot 25% from 3. If I'm Matt Painter, I'm telling whoever is guarding him to let him shoot 3's until/unless he makes several in a row. That percentage is similar to Swanigan freshman year.

This makes a lot of sense if we assume they don't call all of Priller's fouls in practice. I can see Priller giving Davis a physical challenge in practice. Time will tell if Priller can be effective in a real game (with real referees and everything).

I will wear a Purdue Mentality shirt for a week if Priller actually contributes this year.

The guy is a joke....and a waste.

True but he can space a defense and make a big man come out and guard him.
He's an above average shooter for 6-8. Bsmitty is right, he can space the floor and not many bigs can stay with him off the bounce that far from the hoop which was the point.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Seems like we need some bigs asap.
It would be nice to have more bigs but Archie will totally compete with the team he has. He doesn't need dominating bigs for his offense or defense to work though it would help any team to have true dominating bigs. ;)

With a bigger sample size last year, he shot 25% from 3. If I'm Matt Painter, I'm telling whoever is guarding him to let him shoot 3's until/unless he makes several in a row. That percentage is similar to Swanigan freshman year.
I don't think that's a smart idea. He has shown he can knock down outside shots, especially if you're just going to give it to him. I'd let him shoot it if he's given the room. Obviously, he's not going to shoot it like JBJ or anything, but he has shown the ability to at least garner some level of respect to knock those shots down.

If we are talking about relying on Priller for anything, then there is a large problem. It's obviously not Archie's fault since he inherited Priller and basically has to take what was in the cupboard this year.
I saw a picture of Priller from a weekend camp. His arms have no biceps and I can see why his weight is the same as his freshman year. It would be hard to work out as much as the team does and not build any muscle.

Still, I think CAM will give Priller a chance to earn playing time. If the report is correct about challenging Davis, he might be putting in the work this summer to get that chance. Priller might not play much, but I would like to think he could play if needed after 3 years on the team..

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Says the guy who doesn't follow hoops. Oh, and my desperate for attention stalker, who posts under several handles and replies to himself. Lol

I don't know who you are, don't know what you are talking about & I think you have me confused with someone else.

Reactions: cryano
Says the guy who doesn't follow hoops. Oh, and my desperate for attention stalker, who posts under several handles and replies to himself. Lol
Curious how you know how that poster has several handles? What other names do they use? I always assumed you were a Purdue or UK troll that created a new handle to disguise your identity from past posts.

Reactions: cryano
Curious how you know how that poster has several handles? What other names do they use? I always assumed you were a Purdue or UK troll that created a new handle to disguise your identity from past posts.
I was referring to a poster who has been banned on a number of occasions and posts under several different names here. That wasn't the poster to whom I replied.

EweKzrfan just tries to obnoxiousize each thread...so you were correct.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
EweKzrfan just tries to obnoxiousize each thread...so you were correct.
But you still don't know hoops. Hey, at least you didn't get called out on the radio and Twitter by both a broadcaster and former IU player for stupidly pretending to know something about the IU-USSR game that was forfeited. What a fraud. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT