ADVERTISEMENT

Are we close to any commits?

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
It’s quiet. And with the momentum we have right now, I thought maybe some kids would jump in?

Reactions: td75
Until they sign on the line, not worth worrying about. But I’d bet big IU is doing some hard, strong and positive recruiting right now given the current string of good news. If they could have success after each 5-7 season, I’m thinking they will have a few “end strong” specials in the works this year.

I don't know either, but I'm sure staff were spread out across the country doing recruiting during the bye week. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Reactions: vesuvius13
CTA mentioned during his press briefing that he thought they would only be able to recruit high teens as for the number of total recruits. We already appear to have 14 verbally committed. Leaving 4-5 slots remaining. I would think they will be very selective with the remaining slots trying to land a couple high end kids. He did say the focus was OL/DL.

We have visits slotted on 247 from some studs.

CTA mentioned during his press briefing that he thought they would only be able to recruit high teens as for the number of total recruits. We already appear to have 14 verbally committed. Leaving 4-5 slots remaining. I would think they will be very selective with the remaining slots trying to land a couple high end kids. He did say the focus was OL/DL.

Assume they want to keep their word but what happened if they had 4-stars interested but no spots? Do programs ever suggest to any lower ranked commits they may want to look elsewhere?

I think we still have a good shot at flipping Craig away from Iowa. The coaches have never stopped recruiting him and CTA went to his game during the 1st bye week. Any advantages Iowa might have for him would seemingly be slipping away as IU continues to win and already has gained bowl eligibility.

I know I'm probably just wishing on this one, but that kid from Carmel that is a verbal for PSU might be open to hearing more from IU if we could pull off the upset this weekend. We've already got his teammate, who I think is waaaay under rated. Wise should be a 3* at least IMO.

Reactions: Sassy61 and 76-1
I think we still have a good shot at flipping Craig away from Iowa. The coaches have never stopped recruiting him and CTA went to his game during the 1st bye week. Any advantages Iowa might have for him would seemingly be slipping away as IU continues to win and already has gained bowl eligibility.

I know I'm probably just wishing on this one, but that kid from Carmel that is a verbal for PSU might be open to hearing more from IU if we could pull off the upset this weekend. We've already got his teammate, who I think is waaaay under rated. Wise should be a 3* at least IMO.
Craig was at the IU b-ball game last Saturday with his girlfriend (who goes to IU) and Tom Allen was talking to him, they will keep trying to the end.

If someone asked me how good the Hoosiers football program is I would defer until after the Penn State game.

Reactions: TMFT
Per the list of recruit visits, I'm trusting (and do trust) the team/coaches, as I think we are seeing the fruits of their last two years of recruiting. But do wish we have more 4-star talent at least coming to visit. But size, length, athleticism do matter and for IU it's been building depth. This year, believe there will be what 10-12 actual redshirts, who all get to get bigger and stronger and older before having to play. Next year, with all the returning players, I'd imagine it might be higher the number who may redshirt. That is so good for building depth and let's face it, beside the true freshman ready to play, who are real talents (David Ellis, T Mullen, S James, M Bedford & Sio N...you really don't want to be playing freshman if you don't have to. So this year's class, with the maybe 4-6 spots left, likely won't top last year's national ranking, but I do think they will all be B10 level talent...over time, and with so many returning players, we may get the real benefit of being able to redshirt most of them. Those who crack the line up due to talent are always welcome to start playing right away in my book!

Reactions: IU Fan 1989
What do you think recruits value most? Facilities? Games on TV? Bowls? Track record of the number of players who turn pro?
I will admit that I am no expert, but if you are choosing among Power 5 programs, I gotta believe the recruit's primary interests are facilities, playing time, ability to perform well in the coach's schemes and the coach's ability to get me ready for the NFL.
Women probably don't hurt, though.

Reactions: td75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT