ADVERTISEMENT

Are New York City Unions Republican?

Don’t know about NY unions but down here the steelworkers all vote Republican now. They are all Dems too.

Yeah, if the Dems were against restrictions then you guys would be screaming and laying blame for all the deaths that incurred.
No. Wear mask. Contact trace. Social distance. Close business. Stay home. Lose money. Close school. Kids stay home. Don’t travel. Don’t visit families. Don’t get preventative health care. Don’t celebrate with families. Dont hang out with friends. worry over mental health. Get Covid. Get vaccine.

Oh vaccine doesn’t work with new variant. Let’s do it all again. As if after another round of lockdowns another variant won’t emerge. Pure idiocy and any attempt at a lockdown should be met with resistance that makes Jan 6 look like a joke.

Last edited:
So how did Trump manage to lose?

Easy. He did not embrace masks at the time. He should have promoted Trump 2020 masks non-stop. A beautiful mask for all to wear. And promote the Trumpcinne, the greatest accomplishment of any president EVER! (Just imagine saying it).

Trump lost because he spent too much energy bashing those who hated him instead of promoting himself and embracing the opportunity of the pandemic. Never let a crisis go to waste. And he did.

Don’t know about NY unions but down here the steelworkers all vote Republican now. They are all Dems too.
Just spoke with my SIL last night, who WAS in the Bloomington Carpenters union (we havn't spoken in a while BTW). They had a union meeting and they were all being directed (indoctrinated) to vote D, and at a point asked the crowd if there were any questions. He stood up in his young naivete, and forced the conversation that the D party didn't stand for any of his values.
Long story short, within 2 weeks he went from 50-55 hrs per week, over the last 3 years, to the union not being able to find him any work. None of his union "brothers" were effected by the "lack of work".

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Pure idiocy and any attempt at a lockdown should be met with resistance that makes Jan 6 look like a joke.
What’s a f’n joke is those who refuse vaccination out of pure ignorance or politics. That’s why we’re here again, my friend. Do the right thing and the virus DIES! You’re blaming this on those trying to manage the spread rather than those who have the power to destroy it. How dumb is that?

What’s a f’n joke is those who refuse vaccination out of pure ignorance or politics. That’s why we’re here again, my friend. Do the right thing and the virus DIES! You’re blaming this on those trying to manage the spread rather than those who have the power to destroy it. How dumb is that?
i posted in another thread that i think the best chance to fill in the gap is via private sector vax cards at work, restaurant admission, local sports leagues, etc. as loathed as i and i trust many businesses are to support such a thing it's preferable to shuttered doors. the rub is the vaccine's benefits being greatly exaggerated, or waning efficacy, or ineffective to emerging variants. so your "do the right thing and the virus DIES" I fear is a lot of wishful thinking. more realistically i think it's something we're going to live with for a while whether people do the right thing or not. keeping hospital numbers down to ameliorate covid conditions and keep everything open is probably the realistic goal

i posted in another thread that i think the best chance to fill in the gap is via private sector vax cards at work, restaurant admission, local sports leagues, etc. as loathed as i and i trust many businesses are to support such a thing it's preferable to shuttered doors. the rub is the vaccine's benefits being greatly exaggerated, or waning efficacy, or ineffective to emerging variants. so your "do the right thing and the virus DIES" I fear is a lot of wishful thinking. more realistically i think it's something we're going to live with for a while whether people do the right thing or not. keeping hospital numbers down to ameliorate covid conditions and keep everything open is probably the realistic goal

My solution is to have all insurance carriers to increase premiums by $300. But give a $300 credit to those who have been vaxed. I get $120 discount for being in range for BP, BMI, and cholesterol. Why not for a vax?

My solution is to have all insurance carriers to increase premiums by $300. But give a $300 credit to those who have been vaxed. I get $120 discount for being in range for BP, BMI, and cholesterol. Why not for a vax?
Every little thing

They had a union meeting and they were all being directed (indoctrinated) to vote D, and at a point asked the crowd if there were any questions. He stood up in his young naivete, and forced the conversation that the D party didn't stand for any of his values.

Long story short, within 2 weeks he went from 50-55 hrs per week, over the last 3 years, to the union not being able to find him any work. None of his union "brothers" were effected by the "lack of work".

So that would have happened last fall.

What is his situation now?

ADVERTISEMENT