ADVERTISEMENT

Are Hoosiers worried tOSU & UMich (also) bolt

12375CAT

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2012
to the $EC for the same reasons Mad Cow & OU did.
P-State will not bolt because of academics (until their prez retires) per their free board.
$EC does not have to stop @ 16 teams because $ talks.
What say Hoosiers
:) or :(?

I’m about ready for all of the football factories with their mega-stadiums to start their own conference and let the rest of us stay in a conference where the field is level. The way the NCAA is going, the rich are just going to get richer anyway.

Also academics matter to the B1G university presidents. Not sure about tOSU as much as I am sure about UM, heck they look down their noses at some B1G schools. The athletic department money from B1G affiliation is the highest in college sports not to mention the stadium revenue from football AND basketball. The SEC can't match the basketball money and the rivalries going to the SEC would be non-existent. Lastly, tOSU and UM are big dogs in the B1G and wouldn't necessarily be that in the SEC and they could end up like PSU and Nebraska did when they came to the B1G. I just don't see them with the same motivations UT and OU had to move to the SEC.

Also academics matter to the B1G university presidents. Not sure about tOSU as much as I am sure about UM, heck they look down their noses at some B1G schools. The athletic department money from B1G affiliation is the highest in college sports not to mention the stadium revenue from football AND basketball. The SEC can't match the basketball money and the rivalries going to the SEC would be non-existent. Lastly, tOSU and UM are big dogs in the B1G and wouldn't necessarily be that in the SEC and they could end up like PSU and Nebraska did when they came to the B1G. I just don't see them with the same motivations UT and OU had to move to the SEC.
UT and OU had few choices. They wanted to leave regardless of the SEC. well known that the B1G turned OU down but wanted Texas. Wouldn’t take them as a package deal. Dumb or not.

I don't see OSU or UM leaving but who can really know. I do think it was a big mistake for the B1G to not take Texas and Oklahoma as a package because it is my understanding that OU is working on their academic rating. Unfortunately the B1G presidents have acted like elitist snob the past few years and this is just another example. I am concerned this decision by the B1G will haunt them for a long time.

to the $EC for the same reasons Mad Cow & OU did.
P-State will not bolt because of academics (until their prez retires) per their free board.
$EC does not have to stop @ 16 teams because $ talks.
What say Hoosiers
:) or :(?
SEC will be a super FB conference to be sure but the BIG Universities are likely to want to continue with a higher academic environment.

I'll start

KY
Yet they’ve been infinitely better than us over basically any timeframe. They’ve been to a bowl 5 straight years and won 3 of them. I wouldn’t trade places with them now, but still doesn’t mean we should be calling them trash.

I hear people say the SEC is just a couple teams all the time. Then you ask them to go down the list and realize there are a lot of really really good sec programs. They dominate for a reason. We’re not going to catch up to their level, but the Big Ten needs to solidify itself as the 2nd best destination conference.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Yet they’ve been infinitely better than us over basically any timeframe. They’ve been to a bowl 5 straight years and won 3 of them. I wouldn’t trade places with them now, but still doesn’t mean we should be calling them trash.

I hear people say the SEC is just a couple teams all the time. Then you ask them to go down the list and realize there are a lot of really really good sec programs. They dominate for a reason. We’re not going to catch up to their level, but the Big Ten needs to solidify itself as the 2nd best destination conference.
DaddyUncle says what?

Yet another thread blown up by a pea brain. I give 2 fuggs about your fanboy picks.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Big Ten is swimming in cash. Only reason they would leave is if they could improve on the cash flow. Wouldn't think moving to the SEC would move the needle

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT