ADVERTISEMENT

Archie.....

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
Needs to either be fired or go out and hire an offensive coordinator. This is pathetic for year 4

That is the risk of hiring a mid major coach: it may be all they are.

Can likely count on one hand the number of coaches who inherited a P5 job without mid-major (or lower) experience and succeeded. Archie’s single biggest problem has been his inability to develop consistent guard play. Has nothing to do with where he coached prior. I’ve seen enough of Al and Rob, they don’t belong on the court together.

Can likely count on one hand the number of coaches who inherited a P5 job without mid-major (or lower) experience and succeeded. Archie’s single biggest problem has been his inability to develop consistent guard play. Has nothing to do with where he coached prior. I’ve seen enough of Al and Rob, they don’t belong on the court together.
Either you can evolve to the big leagues or you can't. It is also possible to hire a proven commodity.

Reactions: Jg48 and Bippy
Sign him up. Seriously. Hope you aren’t holding your breath.
This horse is dead. Ship sailed 10 yrs ago.

If you were Brad, would you want to come here and deal with this mess?
No more 'hire Brad" strings...we've covered this a thousand times over for years. Would have been great. And just might have been possible. But Cody signed, saved CTC's ass for several seasons to follow, and the USS Stevens left port, never to return.

There isn’t going to be proven winners on the market anytime soon. The old guard is close to retirement. The B1G is as deep as I’ve seen in my lifetime. IU isn’t going to do a buyout. We have Archie for at least 2 more years.

Reactions: Spartans9312

No more 'hire Brad" strings...we've covered this a thousand times over for years. Would have been great. And just might have been possible. But Cody signed, saved CTC's ass for several seasons to follow, and the USS Stevens left port, never to return.

Beard is our best, somewhat realistic bet. Dolan needs to make that happen.

Reactions: iulb

If I’m Brad Stevens, the thought of returning to Indiana, let alone college ball doesn’t even enter my mind. He’s coaching at basketball’s pinnacle. There isn’t a more prestigious basketball job in the world, and he has it. He’s got one of the best young nucleus’ in the NBA, doesn’t have to recruit, doesn’t have to do really anything other than coach. People who think Brad Stevens is going to walk away from the Celtics and come coach Indiana are NUTS. There’s a better chance of Coach Knight roaming the sidelines than Brad Stevens. I can’t believe people still think this is an actual thing?

Beard is our best, somewhat realistic bet. Dolan needs to make that happen.

Beard’s not leaving the state of Texas and he’s all but said it due to the custody battle he has with his wife and kids. It’s a reason why he walked away from UNLV days after accepting the job.

Beard’s not leaving the state of Texas and he’s all but said it due to the custody battle he has with his wife and kids. It’s a reason why he walked away from UNLV days after accepting the job.

Archie isn’t leaving and you have no clue what Beard would or would not do.

Archie isn’t leaving and you have no clue what Beard would or would not do.

There’s a huge reason why Beard has spent the majority of his coaching career in West Texas and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out. A little research my friend.

Well that sucks if true. I guess we’ll have to get Donovan or Stevens then?!
Is this TIC???

Donavan just started with the Bulls.
Brad is gone. Period. Has been since CTC yrs.

Neither are happening.

COVID has wrecked the finances of professional sports (MLB is in bad shape) and currently doing the same to college sports. Buying out a couple yrs of one of the biggest P5 bball contracts in the country isn't going to happen anytime soon.

There isn’t going to be proven winners on the market anytime soon. The old guard is close to retirement. The B1G is as deep as I’ve seen in my lifetime. IU isn’t going to do a buyout. We have Archie for at least 2 more years.
If he misses the tournament this year he needs to be gone. Recruiting has gotten worse and if Trayce leaves the roster will be way worse next year.

We've already seen that he can't develop guards or an offense I mean what else needs to be seen?

We know what he has done at a football school in a football state

I think Chris Beard would do wonderful things at IU and would welcome him tomorrow. But Chris Beard is leaving Lubbock for one job and one job only. And it’s not Indiana.

Is this TIC???

Donavan just started with the Bulls.
Brad is gone. Period. Has been since CTC yrs.

Neither are happening.

COVID has wrecked the finances of professional sports (MLB is in bad shape) and currently doing the same to college sports. Buying out a couple yrs of one of the biggest P5 bball contracts in the country isn't going to happen anytime soon.

obviously joking. If Beard would come. You make it happen. I can’t think of anyone else off the top of my head. Shaka Smart maybe? But at this point, that’d be a lateral move for him.

Archie would land at a decent school if we fired him, so the buyout wouldn’t be a huge issue.

obviously joking. If Beard would come. You make it happen. I can’t think of anyone else off the top of my head. Shaka Smart maybe? But at this point, that’d be a lateral move for him.

Archie would land at a decent school if we fired him, so the buyout wouldn’t be a huge issue.
ok I thought you might be. Hard to know anymore....the program is a real mess. And scary thing is, CAM has to win the transfer lotto this summer or next year could really get nasty.

Are you trolling?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT