ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Miller talks of rumors and trust (link)

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODN/DaytonDailyNews/Default.aspx?href=DDN/2017/03/02&page=C1

Dayton Flyers just clinched A10 Championship. Dayton Daily News has a couple of articles about that. Plus one article about Archie Miller, Dayton's basketball head coach, says he doesn't let rumors get to him or his team. Says he trusts the UD administration. Says he likes UD's basketball tradition and fan support. (See page 3 of Sports Section.)

He doesn't say much about the future. But, IU has tradition and, fan support...heh.

The wild card with Archie Miller is...does he want to leave UD? At the next level... a blue blood there is incredibly more pressure...does he want that?

With his senior class taking most of his starters, maybe it is his time to look for a bigger challenge.

This is just coach-speak. Just about every coach says stuff like this right before they take off for a better job.

Kent Sterling had a national media guy on the other day who said that Miller wouldn't come to IU on principle because he is friends with Tom Crean. I think thats BS too.

He will leave for O$U or another bigger job; however, he's absolutely in no rush. Some school will line his pockets nicely.

He will listen to IU.

This is just coach-speak. Just about every coach says stuff like this right before they take off for a better job.

Kent Sterling had a national media guy on the other day who said that Miller wouldn't come to IU on principle because he is friends with Tom Crean. I think thats BS too.
Lol give me a break. He would come here.

Will he bring that Svoboda recruit from Czech with him. The guy just committed recently to Archie and Dayton.

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODN/DaytonDailyNews/Default.aspx?href=DDN/2017/03/02&page=C1

Dayton Flyers just clinched A10 Championship. Dayton Daily News has a couple of articles about that. Plus one article about Archie Miller, Dayton's basketball head coach, says he doesn't let rumors get to him or his team. Says he trusts the UD administration. Says he likes UD's basketball tradition and fan support. (See page 3 of Sports Section.)

He doesn't say much about the future. But, IU has tradition and, fan support...heh.

The wild card with Archie Miller is...does he want to leave UD? At the next level... a blue blood there is incredibly more pressure...does he want that?

With his senior class taking most of his starters, maybe it is his time to look for a bigger challenge.
I was at that game last night. He's an excellent coach with a big time future and if IU doesn't snag Archie Miller to coach the team some other traditional power school will.

Will he bring that Svoboda recruit from Czech with him. The guy just committed recently to Archie and Dayton.

This is a interesting question....

Dude is good and would help a ton next year.

Would he have to sit out? I don't think so

We wouldn't get Miller. He would be an obvious choice. We will get someone suggested by a committee or consultant that has no knowledge of Indiana basketball.

Reactions: Bogie8870
We wouldn't get Miller. He would be an obvious choice. We will get someone suggested by a committee or consultant that has no knowledge of Indiana basketball.
I don't think that there is an obvious choice beyond Stevens. And we probably already had our people talk to his people.

Assuming Stevens people said no on his behalf...then no AD worth his salt would rely on a committee or a consultant to be involved that has no knowledge of Indiana basketball. So maybe there is an agenda on your side that seriously doubts Glass.

But, committees and consultants only do what they are charged to do. They do not make choices. As you stated they may make suggestions but more likely, in Indiana's case, they will provide a short list of candidates. Glass will point at one. The consultant will put out the question.

Now if you really believe that Glass isn't up to it then just say it.

I think Glass will step up.

I have always thought Dayton plays hard on defense. Would be interesting to see what Archie Miller could do at IU.

Reactions: MrBing
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT