ADVERTISEMENT

Archie is right

IUNCAAChamps2012

Freshman
Aug 19, 2009
Bracketology is a big joke. We didn’t hear the question that spurred his response but I assume the media asked archie about the current projections. This was archie’s way of saying “I don’t GAF about projections, We have a solid resume and it’s up to the committee...not Joe lunardi”

I applaud his comments.

btw, this is going to be a year of chaos in the tourney. IU - and many other teams - could beat almost anyone on a given day. College basketball is extremely mediocre these days.

Bracketology is a big joke. We didn’t hear the question that spurred his response but I assume the media asked archie about the current projections. This was archie’s way of saying “I don’t GAF about projections, We have a solid resume and it’s up to the committee...not Joe lunardi”

I applaud his comments.

btw, this is going to be a year of chaos in the tourney. IU - and many other teams - could beat almost anyone on a given day. College basketball is extremely mediocre these days.
I agree w your last paragraph...
I’m betting UK, OH St, Virginia...and going deeper w Houston and Creighton in future bets...
I just see a bracket collapsing and a team gets a cakewalk to the finals...gets hot and wins a game...

With the mediocrity...it sucks to be sitting at 11th w a losing conference record though...

I applaud his comments.

Archie should focus more on his game strategy and less on defending his 3 year shit show to plead a case for a tourney spot he doesn’t deserve.

Archie should focus more on his game strategy and less on defending his 3 year shit show to plead a case for a tourney spot he doesn’t deserve.

Want the passion and then hate the passion. It’s like picking out effing prom dresses with you guys. Ya, we all wanted IU to win at least a few more games this year. Badly. But now the zombies are onto this nit-picking bullshit that makes IU fans looks like jack-wagons.

There will be a time to fire him in the not-too-distant future if this truly is what we are. But that’s not today. You know it. So the goal is to just zombie along here daily until then? Okay, but don’t cry when you get called out for crying. Tissue time is over. Holy crap. Lol.

I applaud his comments.

Archie shoulda beefed up the schedule a bit more and stayed away from the Sorry Ass State A&M's. Don't let the men behind the curtains make or break the decision on a weak schedule. There's no excuse to play such a snoozefest here, especially in year three.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Want the passion and then hate the passion. It’s like picking out effing prom dresses with you guys. Ya, we all wanted IU to win at least a few more games this year. Badly. But now the zombies are onto this nit-picking bullshit that makes IU fans looks like jack-wagons.

There will be a time to fire him in the not-too-distant future if this truly is what we are. But that’s not today. You know it. So the goal is to just zombie along here daily until then? Okay, but don’t cry when you get called out for crying. Tissue time is over. Holy crap. Lol.

this forum is destroying you. I suggest you take a hiatus. You are way too emotional. This is just a message board about IU basketball. Why are you so unhinged anytime some posts something critical of IU basketball? Your posts come across like a 13 year old girl having a meltdown because they were unfriended on social media.

you need to step back. Seriously

Unhinged, really? I don't see it.

this forum is destroying you. I suggest you take a hiatus. You are way too emotional. This is just a message board about IU basketball. Why are you so unhinged anytime some posts something critical of IU basketball? Your posts come across like a 13 year old girl having a meltdown because they were unfriended on social media.

Archie shoulda beefed up the schedule a bit more and stayed away from the Sorry Ass State A&M's. Don't let the men behind the curtains make or break the decision on a weak schedule. There's no excuse to play such a snoozefest here, especially in year three.
The schedule is not the reason IU is 8 - 10 in the B1G. The Strength of Schedule is phenomenal. Sure the preconference schedule sucks as far as providing interesting games for fans. But there is enough there to find out what the team is and what the players can deliver.

The real issues have to do with recruiting over time. And since Archie Miller and IU cannot and will not pay for players, then IU will struggle to get high IQ basketballers from not only Indiana but outside too. That will continue until Archie Miller and staff gets the team to perform better overall than expected at that start of the year.

What has depressed performance is obvious. Players in Archie's first year were a mess. Then last year they played out of position because of a lack of certain spots on the roster, injuries depleted the team and there was the issue in the locker-room. And now we have a shooting guard and forwards that can't shoot even though they exhibited some of that in high school and players don't defend well. So disgruntled fans don't diss the team they diss the coach, the administration and the university and the NCAAT and the NBA and each other.

IU is in the NCAAT. That is what I predicted. Wish we had shooters and some more high IQ basketball players and etc.

I have seen Archie Miller get good basketball players. I know that he is flexible. He still is coaching uphill until he gets his recruits into place.

And his dissing of that sportswriter's question about seeding may have been off key. So who cares about that. He was upset with the loss. He didn't throttle a player or cheat. Give him a break, he was mad as hell and didn't want to take any losses anymore. Good for him.

I just don't get why Phin dribbles as time passes and he doesn't. Sure there isn't movement on offense sometimes. But he must be still hurting if he cannot move the ball to a shooter or to a cutter. And how Al Durham just lets a guy get around him. The game really is about guards. Let's get some.

Last edited:
The schedule is not the reason IU is 8 - 10 in the B1G. The Strength of Schedule is phenomenal. Sure the preconference schedule sucks as far as providing interesting games for fans. But there is enough there to find out what the team is and what the players can deliver.

The real issues have to do with recruiting over time. And since Archie Miller and IU cannot and will not pay for players, then IU will struggle to get high IQ basketballers from not only Indiana but outside too. That will continue until Archie Miller and staff gets the team to perform better overall than expected at that start of the year.

What has depressed performance is obvious. Players in Archie's first year were a mess. Then last year they played out of position because of a lack of certain spots on the roster, injuries depleted the team and there was the issue in the locker-room. And now we have a shooting guard and forwards that can't shoot even though they exhibited some of that in high school and players don't defend well. So disgruntled fans don't diss the team they diss the coach, the administration and the university and the NCAAT and the NBA and each other.

IU is in the NCAAT. That is what I predicted. Wish we had shooters and some more high IQ basketball players and etc.

I have seen Archie Miller get good basketball players. I know that he is flexible. He still is coaching uphill until he gets his recruits into place.

And his dissing of that sportswriter's question about seeding may have been off key. So who cares about that. He was upset with the loss. He didn't throttle a player or cheat. Give him a break, he was mad as hell and didn't want to take any losses anymore. Good for him.

I just don't get why Phin dribbles as time passes and he doesn't. Sure there isn't movement on offense sometimes. But he must be still hurting if he cannot move the ball to a shooter or to a cutter. And how Al Durham just lets a guy get around him. The game really is about guards. Let's get some.

If they get left out of the tournament the non con schedule is going to have a lot to do with it.

You have to pay to get high IQ players now? When did this start? Maybe the coach should help them to become this high IQ player you speak about.

You are correct sir. If IU was solidly in the tourney I doubt Miller would say a word about it. It comes off as desperate.

If we were solidly in the tournament, he would not have gotten questioned about it. It was Gregg Doyle that asked, he got the click-baity response he wanted. Sports journalism is 90% about writing something controversial so that people go and click the link these days.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
If we were solidly in the tournament, he would not have gotten questioned about it. It was Gregg Doyle that asked, he got the click-baity response he wanted. Sports journalism is 90% about writing something controversial so that people go and click the link these days.
Strange that Miller was dumb enough to respond. Most experienced coaches would have been smarter. Miller is tense for a reason, though.

Reactions: Radio Zero
These news guys talking about who is in the brackets is purely entertainment - if you are not entertained don't watch or listen. Why would CAM call these guys out - especially by name. I've supported CAM but with the season we had he needs to be thicker skinned. 8-10 in conference is bad. No other way to look at it. He looked childish.

Whatever. You stand by as a zombie literally posts 100 dumbass sniping posts in exactly the 1,500 seconds allotted (lol) and don’t say shit. But someone calls it out and you take offense? Ya, got it. Lol.

These news guys talking about who is in the brackets is purely entertainment - if you are not entertained don't watch or listen. Why would CAM call these guys out - especially by name. I've supported CAM but with the season we had he needs to be thicker skinned. 8-10 in conference is bad. No other way to look at it. He looked childish.
Yes, childish is a good word for it. The comparison to Sesame Street made no sense. This team could lose to NEB and then miss the tourney.

What an incredible cop out. IU can’t compete because they won’t cheat? You’re desperate for excuses.

The problem is that his passion here is misdirected. The bracketologists of the world aren’t wrong about us. He shouldn’t be angry with them for pointing out what is obvious for anybody to see.

He should be angry with himself, his assistants, and his players for making it obvious for anybody to see.

See?

Yes, childish is a good word for it. The comparison to Sesame Street made no sense. This team could lose to NEB and then miss the tourney.

Ironic since than the zombies here think this Purdue team that DID lose to Nebraska should be in over IU...

Ironic since than the zombies here think this Purdue team that DID lose to Nebraska should be in over IU...

Well, I don’t think that.

But Purdue did sweep us...again. And you’re right that the Boilers aren’t a very good team this year. One of Painter’s worst teams swept the “best” team Archie’s fielded at IU. What’s that say?

Reactions: Birnk403
Well, I don’t think that.

But Purdue did sweep us...again. And you’re right that the Boilers aren’t a very good team this year. One of Painter’s worst teams swept the “best” team Archie’s fielded at IU. What’s that say?

If we hadn’t beat any good teams it might have meant we were a shitty team. We weren’t exactly that. Archie owns Izzo the last 2 years. Lol. What does that say? Not much.

If we hadn’t beat any good teams it might have meant we were a shitty team. We weren’t exactly that. Archie owns Izzo the last 2 years. Lol. What does that say? Not much.
IU is 5-0 against the teams below them in the standings but only 4-11 against those above them. What does that say about an 11th place finish?

Well, I haven’t said we were a “shitty team.” I’ve just said we aren’t very good. And we aren’t. No sense in lashing out at Joe Lunardi or anybody else who simply recognizes that. It’s not like they’re wrong, no matter how painful it is to hear.

Archie’s ire is understandable, but misdirected. He should be angry first and foremost with himself. And, beyond that, his staff and roster.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Well, I haven’t said we were a “shitty team.” I’ve just said we aren’t very good. And we aren’t. No sense in lashing out at Joe Lunardi or anybody else who simply recognizes that. It’s not like they’re wrong, no matter how painful it is to hear.

Archie’s ire is understandable, but misdirected. He should be angry first and foremost with himself. And, beyond that, his staff and roster.

and you have reason to believe he’s not (first) angry at himself, the staff, and roster? This isn’t Creaner laughing off loses. Lol.

Exactly, does ANYBODY, pro or con on Archie really believe this team is deserving of a bid and would do anything with it? No, and that's the real subject. Apologists can cry all they want about how we should get it in … you know, with the cupcake schedule, losing conference record, losing big games at home, we were supposed to win and all that. Of course, the selection committee will conclude we got screwed by the refs in every single loss and we're perpetually injured. Cry me a river, we need a new coach!

If they get left out of the tournament the non con schedule is going to have a lot to do with it.

Not true. If they don't make it, finishing 9-11 and 11th in the conference will have a lot to do with it.

Utah St. made the tourney yesterday. That is the best example why every prediction up until now has been utter garbage. The conference tourneys make the decisions for the bracketologists.

Not true. If they don't make it, finishing 9-11 and 11th in the conference will have a lot to do with it.

Utah St. made the tourney yesterday. That is the best example why every prediction up until now has been utter garbage. The conference tourneys make the decisions for the bracketologists.

Obviously those things will also be a big part of it. But the theory of playing a bunch of patsies to get the win total up has been shown to not work in the past.

Reactions: Upset Alert
Upset Alert said:

[/quote]
Does Gonzaga pay for players?

Does Gonzaga pay for players?[/QUOTE]
Or Rutgers?

trailrunner said:

Does Gonzaga pay for players?[/QUOTE]
Or Rutgers?
[/quote]
Or Butler

Does Gonzaga pay for players?
Or Rutgers?
[/quote]
Or Butler[/QUOTE]
I don't know. Do you?

Never said anything or implied that they did. Just said IU doesn't.

What I said is that IU doesn't. But IU won"t attract a player outside of Indiana until Indiana U. shows it can do better with those we have. The key to that in my opinion is guards. Sure have to have the other positions covered too. But the game starts and is controlled by guards.

The mess that was IU was evident by Crean not getting really top notch recruits at the end of his stay at IU. An example is Newkirk. You want more examples then just look back at who he got at the last.

IU was so phucked by the administration and Sampson and Crean what really do you expect in the 2nd year of Archie Miller's recruiting?

I'm not saying I'm happy about it. I definitely am not. But there we are.

I thought that IU would be fortunate to get into the NCAAT at all this year. And here we are.

Or Rutgers?
Or Butler[/QUOTE]
I don't know. Do you?

What I said is that IU doesn't. But IU won"t attract a player outside of Indiana until Indiana U. shows it can do better with those we have. The key to that in my opinion is guards. Sure have to have the other positions covered too. But the game starts and is controlled by guards.

The mess that was IU was evident by Crean not getting really top notch recruits at the end of his stay at IU. An example is Newkirk. You want more examples then just look back at who he got at the last.

IU was so phucked by the administration and Sampson and Crean what really do you expect in the 2nd year of Archie Miller's recruiting?

I thought that IU would be fortunate to get into the NCAAT at all this year. And here we are.[/QUOTE]
Archie has coached at IU as long as Illinois and Rutgers coaches...

Or Butler
I don't know. Do you?

I thought that IU would be fortunate to get into the NCAAT at all this year. And here we are.[/QUOTE]
Archie has coached at IU as long as Illinois and Rutgers coaches...[/QUOTE]
so?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT