ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Fans

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
So if as you say all the guys crean recruited are such a problem things should get much better next year if they all leave. My question to you is we will lose 3 of our top 4 scorers in this scenario. So just who is going to be replacing them and providing us with similair production? Just curious cause thats 32 points per game that will be lost.

Reactions: IUgradman
So if as you say all the guys crean recruited are such a problem things should get much better next year if they all leave. My question to you is we will lose 3 of our top 4 scorers in this scenario. So just who is going to be replacing them and providing us with similair production? Just curious cause thats 32 points per game that will be lost.

And obviously new players are not allowed to score and existing players are held to the averages that they have now. Good grief, teams change personnel all the time. I read several posts on who was going to make up Romeo and Morgan's points. Are we averaging a lot less per game this year as opposed to last year?

Besides, who knows, Archie might not even be here next year.

Top 3 scorers. Haha. Nothing to really be excited about though.

And obviously new players are not allowed to score and existing players are held to the averages that they have now. Good grief, teams change personnel all the time. I read several posts on who was going to make up Romeo and Morgan's points. Are we averaging a lot less per game this year as opposed to last year?

Besides, who knows, Archie might not even be here next year.
It is such a dumb question it deserves to be ignored.

You’re phrasing the question like this is an NBA team. The whole team will improve it’s production as we continue to replace our selfish players with team basketball players. Indiana has always been known for our ability to share the ball. I’m not saying Archie is going to win a championship, but he knows the game and he’s clearly recruiting team players. Replacing Green and Davis with Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo will be a big improvement. You can’t win with bad cogs.

Reactions: MrBing
You finally coming around?
Most logical statement you have made in a long while...

Don't really know what you mean. I ALWAYS said that I liked the hire but he had to prove himself. Every game is a test and the last half of last year and this year he has failed.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You’re phrasing the question like this is an NBA team. The whole team will improve it’s production as we continue to replace our selfish players with team basketball players. Indiana has always been known for our ability to share the ball. I’m not saying Archie is going to win a championship, but he knows the game and he’s clearly recruiting team players. Replacing Green and Davis with Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo will be a big improvement. You can’t win with bad cogs.
As long as three freshman can right come in and make a big impact which it sounds like your saying we are good. Like I said unleash archie!

It is such a dumb question it deserves to be ignored.

Where is the "Archie Fan" forum? At most, I see fans of IU who want CAM to succeed because, well, that means the Hoosiers are winning. They are willing to reserve judgment for a logical amount of time.

On the other side of the aisle, I see posters who become giddy when the Hoosiers lose, and at the prospect of the next game because it holds the possibility of a loss. They post and post and post and post the same shit over and over and over and over again, and all of it can be read in the same excited, almost breathless tone. They post about possible replacement coaches, and replacement AD's, and ways to get CAM to leave, and they gather together in threads and spin moronic yarns to each other. They post about basketball strategy of which they are obviously ignorant, comment on school girl topics like CAM's body language, gum-chewing, height, etc. They try to impress by making vague references to insider knowledge, puff themselves up with stories of high level donations, and talk about much needed boycotts, even though they spend so much time hanging around an IU message board.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture of the two sides of the coin here.

Last edited:

I think you are asking the wrong question. The better question-why is coach miller relying so much on:
1. All the Crean players?
And
2. A handful of his players that are just passing through (one and done or two year players)?

Smith will be back next year, and he will lead the team in minutes. Durham will play more next year, not less, after Green departs. Miller relies on the Crean players to play big minutes.

yes, he has also given big minutes to Romeo, TJD and Brunk. And Phinisee. The problem is that aside from phin, they were not recruited to contribute more than a year or two each.

Romeo and Fitzner: Each one and done.
TJD and Brunk : 2 year players max (TJD was a OAD risk when recruited)

Since archie will have have only his recruits will it be fair to expect 20 plus wins and a top 6 big ten finish next season? Is that realistic ?

Reactions: IUgradman
I think you are asking the wrong question. The better question-why is coach miller relying so much on:
1. All the Crean players?
And
2. A handful of his players that are just passing through (one and done or two year players)?

Smith will be back next year, and he will lead the team in minutes. Durham will play more next year, not less, after Green departs. Miller relies on the Crean players to play big minutes.

yes, there he has also given big minutes to Romeo, TJD and Brunk.
Romeo and Fitzner: Each one and done
TJD and Brunk : 2 year players max (TJD was a OAD risk when recruited)
Ive read stuff other places that say smith is almost certain to go grad transfer and durham may do the same. Yes my whole point was of these guys are so horrible why isnt archie playing his own guys

As long as three freshman can right come in and make a big impact which it sounds like your saying we are good. Like I said unleash archie!
It depends on what you mean by impact. They will play hard on defense and create offense through their teammates regardless of their stat line. Nothing else matters if you don’t have a full team of guys playing the right way. If this team squeaks into the tournament, their upside is getting to the round of 32. Archie is bringing in the right kind of players coaching them up. We could be dangerous next year.

Reactions: Sassy61
Since archie will have have only his recruits will it be fair to expect 20 plus wins and a top 6 big ten finish next season? Is that realistic ?
You need to check the roster. We only lose one of the top ten scorers - Green. Green and Davis are the Seniors.

Yes, it’s fair to expect 20+ wins and at least the top half of the Big Ten, and I definitely do.

Reactions: MrBing and Sassy61
Ive read stuff other places that say smith is almost certain to go grad transfer and durham may do the same. Yes my whole point was of these guys are so horrible why isnt archie playing his own guys

Ok, that would change things. I hadn’t heard that. Maybe that’s what Miller needs. Clearly he can’t bench the Crean players.

Where is the "Archie Fan" forum? At most, I see fans of IU who want CAM to succeed because, well, that means the Hoosiers are winning. They are willing to reserve judgment for a logical amount of time.

On the other side of the aisle, I see posters who become giddy when the Hoosiers lose, and at the prospect of the next game because it hold the possibility of a loss. They post and post and post and post the same shit over and over and over and over again, and all of it can be read in the same excited, almost breathless tone. They post about possible replacement coaches, and replacement AD's, and ways to get CAM to leave, and they gather together in threads and spin moronic yarns to each other. They post about basketball strategy of which they are obviously ignorant, comment on school girl topics like CAM's body language, gum-chewing, height, etc. They try to impress by making vague references to insider knowledge, puff themselves up with stories of high level donations, and talk about much needed boycotts, even though they spend so much time hanging around an IU message board.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture of the two sides of the coin here.
Good summary.

Ok, that would change things. I hadn’t heard that. Maybe that’s what Miller needs. Clearly he can’t bench the Crean players.
I read on another board from a guy everyone respects they have been practice problems and would likely leave. Actually smith would of already left but the staff caved to some of what he wanted cause they thought hunter would not be a able to play. Take it for what its worth but that was what he said

I don’t know about Smith, but I see Durham returning and bringing more passion as a senior. To answer your question, he is playing everyone because it is his basketball philosophy. He wants to get contributions for the whole team, so he isn’t going to bench players just to make a point. He wants to win.

Last edited:
Yes I expect that and the possibility of a deep run should things come together at the right time.

I wonder what Michigan st fans are thinking. Preseason number one team with nine loses. February 1-4 so far. Illinois had lost four in a row before a great win at Penn St.. I'm gonna give Archie another year before I get to excited..

I don’t know about Smith, but I see Durham returning and bringing more passion as a senior. To answer your question, he is playing everyone because it is his basketball philosophy. He wants to get contributions for the whole team, so he isn’t going to bench players just to mits up ake a point. He wants to win.

Its up to durham. Archie isnt allowed to kick crean guys off so..

I'm curious. How is Davis a "selfish player"? His body is breaking down. Yet, he is effective on offense; he plays team defense; he rebounds. He has adjusted to reduced minutes. Isn't he the kind of player you want on your roster?

Reactions: Radio Zero
I'm curious. How is Davis a "selfish player"? His body is breaking down. Yet, he is effective on offense; he plays team defense; he rebounds. He has adjusted to reduced minutes. Isn't he the kind of player you want on your roster?
His injuries are unfortunate, but my take is that he has checked out. He is a fifth year senior, and brings no leadership. That is disappointing considering how badly this young team needs some upperclassmen to steer the ship when things get tough on the road.

Dunno, but it was doom and gloom after we lost Blackmon, Anunoby, and T Bryant. And we saw Morgan and others step up. Next we lost Langford and Morgan, and people figured we were in big trouble. Guess what. Others stepped up.

It’s never easy to overcome the loss of key players, but it gives the opportunity for others to step up. Right now, this team needs some change, and frankly, we are at least as likely to be better than worse...

Dunno, but it was doom and gloom after we lost Blackmon, Anunoby, and T Bryant. And we saw Morgan and others step up. Next we lost Langford and Morgan, and people figured we were in big trouble. Guess what. Others stepped up.

It’s never easy to overcome the loss of key players, but it gives the opportunity for others to step up. Right now, this team needs some change, and frankly, we are at least as likely to be better than worse...
You just listed a bunch of teams that didn’t even make the tournament.

In fact we haven’t made the tournament since Blackmon, OG, Bryant left. Not once.

Were you being sarcastic?

Last edited:

The 353rd (aka last) ranked team in the country (Chicago State) has 3 players that lead them in scoring too.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT