ADVERTISEMENT

Archie didn’t have this team ready.

Painter is a far superior coach compared to Archie Miller. I do not understand the appeal that he has to so many Indiana fans because this guy is more like his college coach Herb Sendek than a good young coach. This guy is a joke.

Reactions: IUgradman
Painter is a far superior coach compared to Archie Miller. I do not understand the appeal that he has to so many Indiana fans because this guy is more like his college coach Herb Sendek than a good young coach. This guy is a joke.
Iu fired Crean for this

He’s a joke. We need Marshall or Pearl. Both would crawl to IU. Hopefully our administration gets it done.

Also, they said that Archie didn't even let the team watch it, wouldn't you think seeing Knight finally come back after all these years and all the emotion would give them some fire for the second half? A fire this team needs badly and showed none of in the first half.

I would think so but who knows with this team.

Reactions: IUgradman
He is terrible. We have JS shooting threes and DG totally out of control. He has no clue on how to beat purdue

Reactions: BigMobe
Also, they said that Archie didn't even let the team watch it, wouldn't you think seeing Knight finally come back after all these years and all the emotion would give them some fire for the second half? A fire this team needs badly and showed none of in the first half.

None of these guys were even born when he coached at IU. My son is 15 and doesn't give 3 chits about Coach Knight. Not sure them watching would have meant anything. They would be more motivated by a Kobe tribute.

None of these guys were even born when he coached at IU. My son is 15 and doesn't give 3 chits about Coach Knight. Not sure them watching would have meant anything. They would be more motivated by a Kobe tribute.
That is why we have to teach our kids about the past so they understand that this mediocre play was not acceptable back then. Perhaps they won't accept it now. We are down six right now and I don't have hope they are going to come back and win the game. I hope I am wrong.

That is why we have to teach our kids about the past so they understand that this mediocre play was not acceptable back then. Perhaps they won't accept it now. We are down six right now and I don't have hope they are going to come back and win the game. I hope I am wrong.
The kids seem to be unteachable.

The team we have on the court now aren't motivated by anything, they simply do not play hard.

Last edited:
It's likely a combination of both, them not playing hard is every bit Archie's fault as it is their's.
How often has IU's offense looked like a good offense since day 1 of Archie? I could count them on one hand. Archie has had 2 recruiting classes to bring in good offensive players. He even decided to not use 2 schollies for some reason and leave bullets in his gun. He has also had 3 years to make adjustments, and he runs the same stuff over and over again. PU had IU totally figured out on offense, not that it is very hard to do.

Honestly, what has IU done under Archie that can be considered great or genius? I would absolutely nothing. The difference between Bob Knight and his players out on the court today and Archie's experience is light years.

Reactions: snarlcakes
It looks like the MD game just caused this team to collapse.

What disappointed me and makes you seriously question Miller's leadership, coaching and ability to command any respect from the players is we are up 28-25, crowd is into it, looks like we can make a run to stomp on Purdon't. What happens, we immediately leave a guy wide open to let them get a crucial 3 and collapse for the balance of the half to go down 9. How does that even happen? Almost like we tried to play that bad. If we were on the road at Mackey, there is NO WAY we could even dream of stomping on them for a 12-0 run in their house to close out a half. Then, God forbid we could make any run in the second half! Not like we were playing our arch rival who beat us 5 times in a row for motivation or had an electric environment to help us. Pathetic! You could tell even Dicky V wanted desperately for us to win with Knight in the house and was pissed over our half baked lame effort.

Reactions: Radio Zero
And to analyze it even further, why was that guy and most guys we play against wide open??
Because our defense is constantly playing rotational catch up because we still (after three years) still don't know how to defend the high ball screen.
Other coaches must laugh their asses off at how easily they are able to get what they want offensively due to our constant over hedging.
It really is a joke, coaching wise.

How often has IU's offense looked like a good offense since day 1 of Archie? I could count them on one hand. Archie has had 2 recruiting classes to bring in good offensive players. He even decided to not use 2 schollies for some reason and leave bullets in his gun. He has also had 3 years to make adjustments, and he runs the same stuff over and over again. PU had IU totally figured out on offense, not that it is very hard to do.

Honestly, what has IU done under Archie that can be considered great or genius? I would absolutely nothing. The difference between Bob Knight and his players out on the court today and Archie's experience is light years.
When did I ever say that Archie was great or a genius? I mean I know you’re frustrated like we all are but you’re preaching to the choir here, I hope Archie gets fired at the end of the year and we hire Bruce Pearl.

They’ll hire Fred’s sidekick and it’ll stay business as usual.

If you mean Scott, I don't think that will happen although I really like the guy. Still think Reynolds or Kraft but I don't have any inside info.

That was an incomprehensible decision by Miller. How can he not perceive that, especially after his team having lost three in a row and on the ropes for an NCAA bid, the importance of using this golden opportunity to light a fire under this team. The General and all those great former players hand-delivered that opportunity. The team should have been on the court during half time to soak it in and get fired up. A total lack of self-awareness. SMH Big Time.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT