ADVERTISEMENT

Archie and Rebounding

CriticArisen

Senior
Sep 21, 2005
I have never seen worse rebounding Indiana teams than Archie’s teams. Season after season they are terrible. They are currently out of the top 100 D1 teams in defensive rebounding and are 284th in offensive rebounding. They are about the worst team in all of D1 in offensive rebounding.

I have never seen worse rebounding Indiana teams than Archie’s teams. Season after season they are terrible. They are currently out of the top 100 D1 teams in defensive rebounding and are 284th in offensive rebounding. They are about the worst team in all of D1 in offensive rebounding.
I thought it seemed like our guards were just watching shots go up and not busting ass to go get the ball. Iowa was different. We were in on a loose ball that game. We are watchers

Reactions: CriticArisen
I wonder if this is due to not having a very deep and competitive roster?

if you want to develop rebounding, you have to work at it. You just can't look at your roster and say we have 3 6"10'' Inch guys so we can rebound. You have guys who got out of high school as the tallest guy on the floor and got by with that and out reach people for Rebounds. Give me four 6'8 guys with wide bodies who know how to make themselves wide put people on their backsides and go after the Ball. I don't care if the ball hits the Court as long as our team gets.
When I was in High School.we had a ring insert we would place on a rim which made it almost impossible for a ball to be shot and go through the hoop. You would have a Coach put up a shot and go 3 on 3 to fight for the Rebound. The primary rule was no Autopsy, No Foul. Bring some of the hand held Football Blocking Pads out on the Court and use them on your Big Men until they learn to work through body contact. Dancing is a contact sport, every other Sport is a Collision Sport. Learn it, accept it, and love it.

if you want to develop rebounding, you have to work at it. You just can't look at your roster and say we have 3 6"10'' Inch guys so we can rebound. You have guys who got out of high school as the tallest guy on the floor and got by with that and out reach people for Rebounds. Give me four 6'8 guys with wide bodies who know how to make themselves wide put people on their backsides and go after the Ball. I don't care if the ball hits the Court as long as our team gets.
When I was in High School.we had a ring insert we would place on a rim which made it almost impossible for a ball to be shot and go through the hoop. You would have a Coach put up a shot and go 3 on 3 to fight for the Rebound. The primary rule was no Autopsy, No Foul. Bring some of the hand held Football Blocking Pads out on the Court and use them on your Big Men until they learn to work through body contact. Dancing is a contact sport, every other Sport is a Collision Sport. Learn it, accept it, and love it.
Did you ever study Patches O'Houlihan's five D's of rebounding? Dodge, duck, dip, dive and.....Dodge.

Reactions: Orbit7958
Problem is Indiana doesn't have four athletic 6'8 guys..
Number two..We dont have any junk yard dog's.
Guys that beat you up..
We're not a physical team..

any chance our coach gets killed by a falling sign...?
tumblr_nq2wxgUWdN1uxku6jo1_250.gifv

Reactions: Orbit7958
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT