ADVERTISEMENT

Archie’s goodbye.

What in my post is "ridiculous"?

Contact = headbutt.

You fall on the side of unintentional

I fall on the side of only BK knows for sure.
noun
noun: head-butt
an aggressive and forceful thrust with the top of the head into the face or body of another person

You don’t get to change the definition of words just because they don’t neatly fit your agenda to slime RMK. If you’re going to now claim you believe what you saw meets the above-definition you’re a liar.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
The first hand accounts are the first hand accounts. I corrected the prevailing versionof the story. But I am sure you were there ordy so by all means...

Desperatly grasping at scraps in order to troll me in a conversation you are not a part of is not a good look. find someone else...please.

Like I said, I’m just commenting on the astoundingly coincidental descriptions. Not sure you’re so upset at being caught . . . I mean at the coincidences.

noun
an aggressive and forceful thrust with the top of the head into the face or body of another person

You don’t get to change the definition of words just because they don’t neatly fit your agenda to slime RMK. If you’re going to now claim you believe what you saw meets the above-definition you’re a liar.
Your first sentence accurately describes what happened. BK, enraged, bent down well into the space occupied by SW and hit his head into Wilkerson’s. Given the proximity, any other result would’ve been impossible. Did he intend to head butt him? Only BK knows that for certain, but he was definitely aggressive and forceful in his actions. I don’t believe anyone has ever suggested otherwise.

Last edited:
We're really calling people liars over whether or not Knight's head made contact with Wilkerson's head in such a way that it exerted the correct amount of force to be called a head butt?

Call me a liar. Coach head butted SW. The only arguable portion of it was whether or not it was intentional.

We're really calling people liars over whether or not Knight's head made contact with Wilkerson's head in such a way that it exerted the correct amount of force to be called a head butt?

Call me a liar. Coach head butted SW. The only arguable portion of it was whether or not it was intentional.

Bottom line-If not intentional it was not a headbutt. Get it through your thick skulls, folks.

Your first sentence accurately describes what happened. BK, enraged, bent down well into the space occupied by SW and hit his head into Wilkerson’s. Given the proximity, any other result would’ve been impossible. Did he intend to head butt him? Only BK knows that for certain, but he was definitely aggressive and forceful in his actions. I don’t believe anyone has ever suggested otherwise.

Not so. He lost his balance. There was no aggression whatsoever.

The kid had just screwed up 3 or 4 times and got pulled. There was aggression involved. Coach wasn't headed over to give him a lollipop and soothe his soul.
Get some GD glasses and find the ****ing clip. It was an intense conversation but there was no screaming, etc. You’ll see coach lose his balance while squatting in front of Wilkerson and make contact with his head. Or don’t watch. I really don’t give a $hit. You people are just gonna believe whatever you wanna believe anyway. I’m done with it....

Get some GD glasses and find the ****ing clip. It was an intense conversation but there was no screaming, etc. You’ll see coach lose his balance while squatting in front of Wilkerson and make contact with his head. Or don’t watch. I really don’t give a $hit. You people are just gonna believe whatever you wanna believe anyway. I’m done with it....
Feel free to post the clip and change my mind. It was MSU at home in 1994.

I had a coach wagging his finger in my face once at halftime while he loudly explained to me that I should have had more rebounds and then further pontificated on why I didn't. He stuck his index finger in my eye and it felt like he went knuckle deep. Based on the instant change in his demeanor, I'm sure he didn't mean to poke me in the eye, but he still poked me in the eye. LOL "You people..."

Exactly what I posted as well.

Oh, Bob headbutted SW, that is not open to debate. The question is whether it was intentional or he just lost his shit and went wildly into his face. I believe the latter, but that is just my belief. SW's response with the rolling eyes was awesome.

And yes, he kicked Pat's chair...yet another story told incorrectly. But regardless...he still lost his shit. By BK standards that was nutt'n.
I don't doubt contact was made, but I think it was accidental, like an extra adrenaline rush changed Bob's trajectory at the last moment, along with additional momentum. Of course, the media saw it no other way as the piling on got deeper.

Legend has it that when Knight hurled the chair heard 'round the world, he narrowly missing a little old lady in a wheel chair. I was there for that game. When it happened, I turned to my Purdue guest and yelled, "It's over!". It was just an ugly game from start to finish. They essentially kicked our asses, like they did for the General's recent visit.

I'll never forget the sight of Mike Davis running out to the middle of the court to attack a referee near the end of the Kentucky game. After Bob Knight's firing for bad behavior, Mike Davis' jaunt happened in slow motion for IU fans who couldn't believe their eyes. Fortunately, Davis was not dumb enough to physically unload on the guy, but we didn't know that at the time. It was a scary moment...deja vu, if you do.

noun

Look, if the term headbutt is making your pants turn yellow simply insert whatever term you wish. It matters not to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Please Be Kind
I don't doubt contact was made, but I think it was accidental, like an extra adrenaline rush changed Bob's trajectory at the last moment, along with additional momentum. Of course, the media saw it no other way as the piling on got deeper.

Legend has it that when Knight hurled the chair heard 'round the world, he narrowly missing a little old lady in a wheel chair. I was there for that game. When it happened, I turned to my Purdue guest and yelled, "It's over!". It was just an ugly game from start to finish. They essentially kicked our asses, like they did for the General's recent visit.

I'll never forget the sight of Mike Davis running out to the middle of the court to attack a referee near the end of the Kentucky game. After Bob Knight's firing for bad behavior, Mike Davis' jaunt happened in slow motion for IU fans who couldn't believe their eyes. Fortunately, Davis was not dumb enough to physically unload on the guy, but we didn't know that at the time. It was a scary moment...deja vu, if you do.

As I stated, IMO only Knight knows if "the contact that shall not be called a headbutt" was intentional or not.

The Davis thing was quite similar to the moment when 17K of us in the Hall thought for a second that BK was going to unload on TV Ted as he crossed the court to exit the floor. Glad he didn't just as I am glad Mike didn't do anything other than embarass himsef.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT