ADVERTISEMENT

Archie’s goodbye.

The midget couldn’t chew gum and coach at the same time and to think there were many here that wanted to give him a year 5 or wouid have given him a year 5 had he made tourney
It

Reactions: Lucy01
Outside of an NFL head coach getting canned, does this ever happen?

I can't really remember a fired coach having a thank you presser.
You obviously weren’t witness to Bob’s farewell address to the students with his teary-eyed wife at his side. Granted, it wasn’t a press conference because no questions had to be asked. Dunn Meadow was lined with satellite dishes with multiple helicopters hovering overhead. He stood at the podium and took it like the man that he was. Thanks, Myles, you job-hopping worthless liberal POS.

You obviously weren’t witness to Bob’s farewell address to the students with his teary-eyed wife at his side. Granted, it wasn’t a press conference because no questions had to be asked. Dunn Meadow was lined with satellite dishes with multiple helicopters hovering overhead. He stood at the podium and took it like the man that he was. Thanks, Myles, you job-hopping worthless liberal POS.

When was the last time you pissed on his grave, this week? lol

Sorry, but BK walked off the cliff all on his own. He didn’t have to, but his pride and ego overwhelmed whatever good judgment he had left. A shame for him, for IU, the players, the program, the fans. But he was a victim of himself.

Yes, bob left so gracefully. Revisionist history? I think we should be glad archie didn't do that...not that many would have showed up.

Btw, not sure what your politics has to do with this topic

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Sorry, but BK walked off the cliff all on his own. He didn’t have to, but his pride and ego overwhelmed whatever good judgment he had left. A shame for him, for IU, the players, the program, the fans. But he was a victim of himself.
Nope. Actually, he was a victim of Myles Brand, Clarence Doninger, Ron Felling, Neil Reid, and a little dipsh#t named Kent Harvey.

Yes, bob left so gracefully. Revisionist history? I think we should be glad archie didn't do that...not that many would have showed up.

Btw, not sure what your politics has to do with this topic
Bob Knight was a big supporter of Donald Trump. That alone sealed his fate in the minds of many IU fans. A higher percentage of Democrats than Republicans think Knight was a bully and still hate him for being one. No one knows who Archie supported so good for him. That’s one thing he did right. Silence is golden when it comes to personal politics.

Bob Knight was a big supporter of Donald Trump. That alone sealed his fate in the minds of many IU fans. A higher percentage of Democrats than Republicans think Knight was a bully and still hate him for being one. No one knows who Archie supported so good for him. That’s one thing he did right. Silence is golden when it comes to personal politics.

First, I didn't know that BK was a big supporter of DT.

Second, do you really think that his political views changes the way people perceive him?

IMO, the way people think about him was cast while he was coach and in the following 15 years after he was fired. Way before DT came on the political scene.

Reactions: birdforbogey

Second, do you really think that his political views changes the way people perceive him?

IMO, the way people think about him was cast while he was coach and in the following 15 years after he was fired. Way before DT came on the political scene.

how the hell are you an IU fan and did not know he supported trump. Do you live out of country? Only rational possibility.

When he campaigned for trump it all but sealed his fate on how many liberal folks viewed him. Now, most already had a solid opinion about Knight, but that hammered it home.

Lol. Bob was fired in 2000 and Trump didn't even run for President until over 15 years later. Also, Trump was a Democrat until well after Bob was fired. His politics had nothing to do with it. Brand and the other loons wanted a yes man they could control. That was the last thing RMK would ever be.

Reactions: mathboy

I personally attended a Trump rally at the Indiana State Fair Coliseum. Bob Knight was Trump’s featured guest speaker in support of his policy's. It gave IU fans who were liberal Democrat’s one more reason (like they needed one!) to hate our former, now HOF, coach.

Bob Knight was fired by a flaming college educator from the liberal northwest coast, who was out of touch with simple Midwest values like a love for the game of basketball that unites us. Brand used his power to silence another man for his own personal gain. Brand never cared for IU basketball fans, it was all about using the newly recharged liberal way of thinking that the disciplinarians of society who espoused traditional values needed to be muzzled. What was once seen as positive, strict discipline for the student became negative bullying, hurtful to the feelings of the student, requiring “safe place” with hot chocolate and sugar coated cookies for them to heal their fractured egos free of fear from “big meanie”. Ironically, it was Myles Brand, hiding behind his liberal shield of Indiana University who bullied the conservative Midwestern boy from Orville, OH. Today, look where IU basketball fans are as a result of this liberal bullying. Conjure up in your mind the face of Maxine Walters yelling at her liberal supporters, “Its time to get into their faces!” Now, look at where society is compared to where it was. Is Myles Brand considered a good hire for IU? Was Bob Knight’s tenure good for us? Is it good for us now, since Brand and his merry band of “yes men” forced his liberal west coast values down upon us 20 years ago?

I personally attended a Trump rally at the Indiana State Fair Coliseum. Bob Knight was Trump’s featured guest speaker in support of his policy's. It gave IU fans who were liberal Democrat’s one more reason (like they needed one!) to hate our former, now HOF, coach.

Bob Knight was fired by a flaming college educator from the liberal northwest coast, who was out of touch with simple Midwest values like a love for the game of basketball that unites us. Brand used his power to silence another man for his own personal gain. Brand never cared for IU basketball fans, it was all about using the newly recharged liberal way of thinking that the disciplinarians of society who espoused traditional values needed to be muzzled. What was once seen as positive, strict discipline for the student became negative bullying, hurtful to the feelings of the student, requiring “safe place” with hot chocolate and sugar coated cookies for them to heal their fractured egos free of fear from “big meanie”. Ironically, it was Myles Brand, hiding behind his liberal shield of Indiana University who bullied the conservative Midwestern boy from Orville, OH. Today, look where IU basketball fans are as a result of this liberal bullying. Conjure up in your mind the face of Maxine Walters yelling at her liberal supporters, “Its time to get into their faces!” Now, look at where society is compared to where it was. Is Myles Brand considered a good hire for IU? Was Bob Knight’s tenure good for us? Is it good for us now, since Brand and his merry band of “yes men” forced his liberal west coast values down upon us 20 years ago?

Man, your passion for hating Brand is something I can really respect. Don’t make em like you anymore!

how the hell are you an IU fan and did not know he supported trump. Do you live out of country? Only rational possibility.

When he campaigned for trump it all but sealed his fate on how many liberal folks viewed him. Now, most already had a solid opinion about Knight, but that hammered it home.

What does being an IU fan have to do with knowing BK politics?

I live right here in Indiana but I have chosen to isolate myself from all of the acidic politics. I do not subscribe to a newspaper. I do not watch news on TV. I will read some articles on the net about the goings on around the world. I only delved into the political arena enough to educate myself on the platforms of the different candidates and that did NOT include whether BK endorsed anyone. Endorsements for ANY candidate from anyone mean nothing to me.

Lol. Bob was fired in 2000 and Trump didn't even run for President until over 15 years later. Also, Trump was a Democrat until well after Bob was fired. His politics had nothing to do with it. Brand and the other loons wanted a yes man they could control. That was the last thing RMK would ever be.
Bob wasn’t fired by a Democrat because he was a Republican. He was fired by a weakling of a college president who thought Knight needed to be weakened in power. It made Myles feel better about himself. He bestowed the power of leadership upon himself in the eyes of his fellow liberals. Shortly thereafter, Brand was rewarded with a more prestigious opportunity. The coward ran before he had to wallow in the devastation left by his own destruction.

Bob wasn’t fired by a Democrat because he was a Republican. He was fired by a weakling of a college president who thought Knight needed to be weakened in power. It made Myles feel better about himself. He bestowed the power of leadership upon himself in the eyes of his fellow liberals. Shortly thereafter, Brand was rewarded with a more prestigious opportunity. The coward ran before he had to wallow in the devastation left by his own destruction.

Always wondered if Brand had it in his mind when he was hired by IU that if he fired Knight he could parlay that into $$$, fame and a bigger opportunity. Wouldn't surprise me.

Man, your passion for hating Brand is something I can really respect. Don’t make em like you anymore!
My hatred for Myles Brand, whose action gave us IU basketball today, is in direct proportion to my love for Coach Knight, who gave us IU basketball, as we once knew of it. Bob Knight’s leadership added 29 years of recreational joy to my life as an IU fan. Myles Brand’s “leadership” all but ruined it for me, taking with it the wind from my sail.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
My hatred for Myles Brand, whose action gave us IU basketball today, is in direct proportion to my love for Coach Knight, who gave us IU basketball, as we once knew of it. Bob Knight’s leadership added 29 years of recreational joy to my life as an IU fan. Myles Brand’s “leadership” all but ruined it for me, taking with it the wind from my sail.

I completely understand and respect that. Bob Knight is IU basketball.

I live right here in Indiana but I have chosen to isolate myself from all of the acidic politics. I do not subscribe to a newspaper. I do not watch news on TV. I will read some articles on the net about the goings on around the world. I only delved into the political arena enough to educate myself on the platforms of the different candidates and that did NOT include whether BK endorsed anyone. Endorsements for ANY candidate from anyone mean nothing to me.

You must have been a hermit and did not venture onto this or any other IU board for a good year.

Living in Indiana, I would venture to say it came up in conversation for 99.9% of residents. Including my mother and all her gardening friends who couldn’t name a single player or
coach related to IU since Knight.

tenor.gif

Always wondered if Brand had it in his mind when he was hired by IU that if he fired Knight he could parlay that into $$$, fame and a bigger opportunity. Wouldn't surprise me.
I don't think so, but Brand certainly listened to those in his ear once here, his liberal peers and the journalistic press so vehemently against the "bully" Knight. Below is from Wikipedia. Brand gave this speech one year before the NCAA hired him to a more prestigious gig.

One of his most notable and nationally acclaimed speeches was to the National Press Club in 2001, entitled, 'Academics First: Reforming Intercollegiate Athletics'. He underscored the need for the academic community to acknowledge and address the disparities that exist between intercollegiate athletics and the true mission of higher education.[9]

On September 24, 2019, it was announced that the Informatics building on the IU-Bloomington campus would be re-named "Myles Brand Hall" in recognition of the "pathbreaking contributions that Brand made to the university and its academic core.”[10]

Of course, we all know that Mark Cuban is a flaming Democrat of professed liberal values. I"m sure the renaming of his monetary contribution to his alma mater came with his blessing. Ironically, he was recently quoted as saying his passion for IU basketball (as he once knew of it) is what gave him the inspiration for all his wealth (and power) we see from him today. I wonder if he still watches IU basketball? Maybe he's too busy politicking his beliefs onto others.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Kind of like democrats

You must have been a hermit and did not venture onto this or any other IU board for a good year.

Living in Indiana, I would venture to say it came up in conversation for 99.9% of residents. Including my mother and all her gardening friends who couldn’t name a single player or
coach related to IU since Knight.

Wrong again. Not a hermit and I am on this board multiple times a day but I RARELY open any post that even looks like it discusses politics and I have been to the water cooler MAYBE two times in ten years.

I do NOT discuss politics with many outside of a very tight group of friends and BK's political leanings never came up.

Evidently you do not think that it is possible to live a full life without knowing who BK endorses. I can unequivocally inform that it is.

I don't think so, but Brand certainly listened to those in his ear once here, his liberal peers and the journalistic press so vehemently against the "bully" Knight. Below is from Wikipedia. Brand gave this speech one year before the NCAA hired him to a more prestigious gig.

One of his most notable and nationally acclaimed speeches was to the National Press Club in 2001, entitled, 'Academics First: Reforming Intercollegiate Athletics'. He underscored the need for the academic community to acknowledge and address the disparities that exist between intercollegiate athletics and the true mission of higher education.[9]

On September 24, 2019, it was announced that the Informatics building on the IU-Bloomington campus would be re-named "Myles Brand Hall" in recognition of the "pathbreaking contributions that Brand made to the university and its academic core.”[10]

Of course, we all know that Mark Cuban is a flaming Democrat of professed liberal values. I"m sure the renaming of his monetary contribution to his alma mater came with his blessing. Ironically, he was recently quoted as saying his passion for IU basketball (as he once knew of it) is what gave him the inspiration for all his wealth (and power) we see from him today. I wonder if he still watches IU basketball? Maybe he's too busy politicking his beliefs onto others.

WOW. Did that list ALL of the contributions that Bran made?

You've been here since 2001 so I don't think you have isolated yourself "from all the acidic politics" as well as you might like to think. The history of IU basketball is steeped in politics. Be honest now...are you ever on Facebook? Did you really not know Knight espoused Republican values? Who did you vote for in the national election? This is not the time to be a chicken-sh*t.

Agreed, take the high road and go out with some class. If he doesn't want to write it, his agent should release something as simple as the following:

"I want to thank Indiana University for the opportunity to lead this program for 4 years. While I am proud of some of the things that we accomplished in that time, I am disappointed that we did not achieve our ultimate goal of hanging another banner in SSAH. My family and I enjoyed our time in Bloomington and I wish the administration, fans and players nothing but the best."

Is that so hard?
You should be Archie's presser writer.
Archie had nothing to say. Just like after his 4 years of losing.

WOW. Did that list ALL of the contributions that Bran made?
You know, it's been said that Brand made it a priority to downplay the power of IU basketball. Is it really any wonder why we are here today, still in the wake (no pun intended) of his influential, "modern" liberal "woke" way of thinking? More from wiki....

In 2002, roughly two years after he fired Bob Knight, Brand left Indiana University to become president of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, located in Indianapolis. Brand was the first college president to head the NCAA.[2]

Brand took the helm of the NCAA during a time when it was criticized for not valuing academics and education. Brand, a former college president and academic, was expected to bring new priorities to an institution previously governed by Cedric Dempsey, whose background was that of an athlete, coach and athletic administrator. Brand vowed to improve the overall experience for student-athletes, helping them attain both an education and increasing postgraduate opportunities. In a speech to the National Press Club, Brand said that "intercollegiate athletics can be a vital force in America's culture, exemplifying the positive spirit and values of our way of life," but he also expressed his strong belief "that academics must come first."

Brand has warned that the "arms race" among upper-echelon schools is the biggest dilemma confronting the NCAA's future success. "This escalation—this spiraling—of success demanding even more success has good people of noble intentions chasing both the carrot and their tails," he said.[11]

Under his tenure the NCAA Executive Committee decided not to conduct championships on the campuses of member institutions where the use of nicknames and mascots representing American Indians is considered hostile and abusive.
[citation needed]

Brand established a system for tracking each team's graduation rates, and brought attention to the fact that men's basketball teams had lower-than-average graduation rates.[2]

Reactions: travlinhoosier
You've been here since 2001 so I don't think you have isolated yourself "from all the acidic politics" as well as you might like to think. The history of IU basketball is steeped in politics. Be honest now...are you ever on Facebook? Did you really not know Knight espoused Republican values? Who did you vote for in the national election? This is not the time to be a chicken-sh*t.

Nope, never on FB.
Didn't know Knight's politics but it makes sense that he would lean right.
I have no intention to put my voting record on line. One of the great things is the sanctity of the voting booth.

You should be Archie's presser writer.
Archie had nothing to say. Just like after his 4 years of losing.
Bob Knight was sharp enough to be his own speech writer (think Joe Biden, our country's 'leader"). Every IU fan should make it a point to listen to Bob's 30 min. speech, the teaching moment he was man enough to come back to offer the young before a 20 year, self-imposed hiatus from one of his life's true loves that turned against him.

As I stood behind the podium that day...behind Knight at the podium, I overheard one young looking coed till another, "I'm only here because my dad told me not to miss it!" She probably doesn't watch IU basketball today if she wasn't already invested in it back then, as an IU student. More from wiki...

Just a few days after he was fired by Indiana University, coaching legend Bob Knight addressed students and fans at Dunn Meadow on the IU campus on Sept. 13, 2000.

It was estimated that there were more than 6,000 people in attendance.

The speech was widely regarded as graceful.

Knight was fired three days after he grabbed freshman Kent Harvey, who had called out, `Hey, what’s up, Knight?″ a greeting Knight regarded as disrespectful.

He made a point to urge the students to forget about Harvey.

“Let that kid be a student and let him get on with life,″ Knight said. “This thing, believe me, had happened to me long before that situation took place. That kid is not responsible for my not coaching at Indiana, and make sure you understand that.″

You know, it's been said that Brand made it a priority to downplay the power of IU basketball. Is it really any wonder why we are here today, still in the wake (no pun intended) of his influential, "modern" liberal "woke" way of thinking? More from wiki....

In 2002, roughly two years after he fired Bob Knight, Brand left Indiana University to become president of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, located in Indianapolis. Brand was the first college president to head the NCAA.[2]

Brand took the helm of the NCAA during a time when it was criticized for not valuing academics and education. Brand, a former college president and academic, was expected to bring new priorities to an institution previously governed by Cedric Dempsey, whose background was that of an athlete, coach and athletic administrator. Brand vowed to improve the overall experience for student-athletes, helping them attain both an education and increasing postgraduate opportunities. In a speech to the National Press Club, Brand said that "intercollegiate athletics can be a vital force in America's culture, exemplifying the positive spirit and values of our way of life," but he also expressed his strong belief "that academics must come first."

Brand has warned that the "arms race" among upper-echelon schools is the biggest dilemma confronting the NCAA's future success. "This escalation—this spiraling—of success demanding even more success has good people of noble intentions chasing both the carrot and their tails," he said.[11]

Under his tenure the NCAA Executive Committee decided not to conduct championships on the campuses of member institutions where the use of nicknames and mascots representing American Indians is considered hostile and abusive.
[citation needed]

Brand established a system for tracking each team's graduation rates, and brought attention to the fact that men's basketball teams had lower-than-average graduation rates.[2]

Long story short, he did little at IU to distinguish himself!

I have no intention to put my voting record on line. One of the great things is the sanctity of the voting booth.
It's easy to hide behind chicken-sh*t when piled so high. "Sanctity" of the voting booth with no personal identification required? I like that one. Is that anything like "sanctity" of the mail-in envelope?

Nope. Actually, he was a victim of Myles Brand, Clarence Doninger, Ron Felling, Neil Reid, and a little dipsh#t named Kent Harvey.
This isn’t accurate. Knight, far more than any one person, did it to himself. A pity, but that’s what truly happened. And it didn’t have to had he done the right things.

Long story short, he did little at IU to distinguish himself!
Oh, he most certainly distinguished himself in authority, but accomplished little else to raise the prestige of IU academics. Compare the perceived value of an education from Purdue vs one from IU today. Purdue is lead by a Republican. IU has been led by liberal Democrats for as long as I can remember. Driven down the streets of south side Bloomington lately? It's not a pretty town. The beauty of the tax-payer's IU campus is the only good thing Bloomington has going for it under it's current mayor.

This isn’t accurate. Knight, far more than any one person, did it to himself. A pity, but that’s what truly happened. And it didn’t have to had he done the right things.
One man's influence is never stronger than a gang of influencers. We don't even need to add the media's press corp into the equation. Knight was outnumbered in negativity by the same people who have our country where it is today.

If he did, then it required a perfect patsy. Does anyone really believe BK was so stupid that he was so easily set up for such a Machiavellian scheme? One would have to be extraordinarily stupid to fall for such a craven plan, and BK wasn’t stupid.

One man's influence is never stronger than a gang of influencers. We don't even need to add the media's press corp into the equation. Knight was outnumbered in negativity by the same people who have our country where it is today.
Had BK handled the Reed tape properly, he would’ve been fine. He even praised zero tolerance publicly when he sensed he was losing total control, then backpedaled when he couldn’t push Brand around. A shame BK did it to himself, but he Almost begged Brand to do it.

Had BK handled the Reed tape properly, he would’ve been fine. He even praised zero tolerance publicly when he sensed he was losing total control, then backpedaled when he couldn’t push Brand around. A shame BK did it to himself, but he Almost begged Brand to do it.
One man’s teaching moment to a starry-eyed student just out of high school becomes his pitbull-like uncle’s egregious act of bullying, which becomes a college president’s permission to dismiss another man’s 29 years of loyalty for Zero Tolerance infraction. It wasn’t so much that a teacher touched a student to get his attention as it was a media reported assault by another man’s teaching methods in opposition to the restraints of Zero Tolerance. Many other citizens have since been restrained, likewise, in action by newly “woke” society.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT