ADVERTISEMENT

Arch’, give Lander some minutes

If Lander can't beat out Durham and Phinisee of all guards for playing time, where and the hell else is he going to go that gives him a shot at the NBA? This is not an Archie problem; this is a Lander problem. Archie has shown his willingness to play freshman so long as they understand his system. Phinisee started as a true freshman. Romeo came in and was immediately IU's best player. Hell, Trey Galloway a much less heralded guard is getting significant run this year.
Why even debate this dolt?

Reactions: Radio Zero
Do U ever have anything to say about basketball? Seems like you just lurk around waiting to attack people personally if they don't agree CAM is God. How miserable are you?

To be fair, Aloha has been attacked here for his opinions on a daily basis.

• Love
Oh No!!! 5* freshman guard Nimari Burnett from Texas Tech has just entered the portal just 12 games into his college career. Thoughts and prayers to Chris Beard's future ability to land elite talent.

The coach coming off a National title game, and the year before that and Elite 8? I bet he will be good and will be able recruit whoever he wants still. He has established himself and his program as elite.

Now the guy that has never made a tournament in his tenure at a program loses a 5 star might hurt his rep a a bit. I can see how you would compare the situations tho. Again, cant fix stupid.

All part of life Sean. You'll get there someday.

For sure, and when college basketball gets completely overhauled in 35 years, I won't act like I understand how an 18 year old in that current environment would think.

In the next 2-3 years everything in college basketball will change more than it ever has. Name and likeness, instant transfer, and the doing away with the one and done. All while the self entitlement and building of brands of the current generation player is something your mind will never be able to understand and grasp.

Conitinue to state your opinions on a basketball form and gain the likes of a few guys that probably just got back from the capital building, whatever gets you off these days other than a blue pill. You do you. But just know you are out of touch and wrong. Go enjoy a 76 rerun game and break it down. Hell start a thread about it, I won't join in I promise.

For sure, and when college basketball gets completely overhauled in 35 years, I won't act like I understand how an 18 year old in that current environment would think.

In the next 2-3 years everything in college basketball will change more than it ever has. Name and likeness, instant transfer, and the doing away with the one and done. All while the self entitlement and building of brands of the current generation player is something your mind will never be able to understand and grasp.

Conitinue to state your opinions on a basketball form and gain the likes of a few guys that probably just got back from the capital building, whatever gets you off these days other than a blue pill. You do you. But just know you are out of touch and wrong. Go enjoy a 76 rerun game and break it down. Hell start a thread about it, I won't join in I promise.

Sean I coached in an elite AAU program up until 2015. I think I understand how these 18 years olds act and operate.

Reactions: Krafty97grad
Sean I coached in an elite AAU program up until 2015. I think I understand how these 18 years olds act and operate.

Nice, elite AAU program? How many players did you coach that played at power 5 programs? How many 5 stars?

Nice, elite AAU program? How many players did you coach that played at power 5 programs? How many 5 stars?

Over the years? Several dozens. Have never personally coached a 5* but program I coached in has produced several this decade alone. I know a lot more than you think.

The coach coming off a National title game, and the year before that and Elite 8? I bet he will be good and will be able recruit whoever he wants still. He has established himself and his program as elite.

Now the guy that has never made a tournament in his tenure at a program loses a 5 star might hurt his rep a a bit. I can see how you would compare the situations tho. Again, cant fix stupid.

Chris Beard places a ton of more emphasis on his defense than his offense. Regardless of what Beard's accomplishments are, you're not going to play until you have an elementary idea of his system. It's like that for every coach. You will not find a single coach in America who is giving a kid playing time based on what someone like Brian Snow or Evan Daniels ranked him in high school. It's preposterous to even suggest it.

Over the years? Several dozens. Have never personally coached a 5* but program I coached in has produced several this decade alone. I know a lot more than you think.

The fact that you dismiss Lander being an important factor for recruiting going forward makes me think you don't know shit. It is a horrible take. If he leaves IU and succeeds elsewhere it will slam the door on recruiting. Where right now, Archie is not only struggling, but on life support..... just losing the biggest 2 Indiana big kids to PU. with TJD leaving after this year, and instant transfers...... Archie needs to hit on the transfer market next year for sure at this point. I would love for him to pull a 6'11 Serbian out of his ass but I am not putting all my eggs in that basket.

You might know a whole lot about fundamentals and the game of basketball. The wild Wild West of todays recruiting? Ya, I dont think you have a clue.

The fact that you dismiss Lander being an important factor for recruiting going forward makes me think you don't know shit. It is a horrible take. If he leaves IU and succeeds elsewhere it will slam the door on recruiting.

Again, that is your opinion and based on zero merit. You don't have the acumen for that kind of insight. Acting like Lander is being held back by Archie makes me question why I even respond to you in the first place. He's not ready for P5 college basketball at this juncture in his career. That's evident. The same would be said if he went to Purdue, Louisville, Kentucky, literally any other competitive P5 program.

Last edited:
The fact that you dismiss Lander being an important factor for recruiting going forward makes me think you don't know shit. It is a horrible take. If he leaves IU and succeeds elsewhere it will slam the door on recruiting. Where right now, Archie is not only struggling, but on life support..... just losing the biggest 2 Indiana big kids to PU. with TJD leaving after this year, and instant transfers...... Archie needs to hit on the transfer market next year for sure at this point. I would love for him to pull a 6'11 Serbian out of his ass but I am not putting all my eggs in that basket.

You might know a whole lot about fundamentals and the game of basketball. The wild Wild West of todays recruiting? Ya, I dont think you have a clue.

Romeo and Lander.

You really seem to get fired up when talking about those 2.

I currently sell tickets as a form of income. I plan on doing side things like that till I die. So me retiring would be a bad bet.

That and ya ill prob die early lets be real/

Your livelihood is price-gouging and you're extolling others to "be real"? Pretty vacuous all way round.

Wasn't talking a bet on you retiring so much as living long enough to do so. Since it appears you've already peaked, not much of anything to retire from. Was just a snide inference that a sense of exalted self-worth/brilliance often leads to premature calamity, but you're probably safe in your virtual world unless you eat something bad out of the fridge or get rolled for merchandise. How exciting.

Again, that is your opinion and based on zero merit. You don't have the acumen for that kind of insight. Acting like Lander is being held back by Archie makes me question why I even respond to you in the first place. He's not ready for P5 college basketball at this juncture in his career. That's evident. The same would be said if he went to Purdue, Louisville, Kentucky, literally any other competitive P5 program.

You do way more than respond to me on here, again let’s be real you went out of your way in your personal life to ask about me. Let’s not confuse who is obsessed with who.

Now, I’ll make sure to reference this when he plays 20 minutes here soon and does well. Maybe even tonight!

you have no idea if he is ready, 2 minutes a game isn’t showing you anything except a 18 year with zero confidence. If he has played a few 6 minute stretches each game so far you would have a point, but he’s played about 10 minutes combined in the big ten so far.

I have seen very quick ball vision in his 1:45 stretch, along with him throwing it out of bounds. To form a reasonable opinion he needs to be given playing time. He would get that at MSU right now. Promise.

Your livelihood is price-gouging and you're extolling others to "be real"? Pretty vacuous all way round.

Wasn't talking a bet on you retiring so much as living long enough to do so. Since it appears you've already peaked, not much of anything to retire from. Was just a snide inference that a sense of exalted self-worth/brilliance often leads to premature calamity, but you're probably safe in your virtual world unless you eat something bad out of the fridge or get rolled for merchandise. How exciting.

Your English is too 19th century for me most of the time. I call it a side hustleeeeee.

I think I am smarter than most in a few areas of life. Big ten basketball, more specifically IU basketball, definitely one of those. I’ll always bring facts and numbers to the table, andwhen I spout off about predictions about the future I always let people call me on it in forms of betting. I am confident in my takes on IU. Bite me.

Your English is too 19th century for me most of the time. I call it a side hustleeeeee.

I think I am smarter than most in a few areas of life. Big ten basketball, more specifically IU basketball, definitely one of those. I’ll always bring facts and numbers to the table, andwhen I spout off about predictions about the future I always let people call me on it in forms of betting. I am confident in my takes on IU. Bite me.

Don't flatter yourself.

If your confidence had a better track record, that be something, but it doesn't. Spouting off is all well and good, but unless you're only looking for someone to agree with you and/or have no interest in refining/enlarging your perspective, what's the point? You never back off or moderate your perspective no matter the responses unless/until one of your predictions ends up in the ditch - you just keep doubling down, moving the goalposts and acting like because most here are north of fifty that they're stupid and out of touch.

Starting/over-playing Lander at present is a suckass idea and if you weren't so insecure and/or enthralled with the notion of your own 'wisdom' you'd at least consider that. But you can't, can you? No worries. You do you, just imagined there might be more to it than that.

Don't flatter yourself.

If your confidence had a better track record, that be something, but it doesn't. Spouting off is all well and good, but unless you're only looking for someone to agree with you and/or have no interest in refining/enlarging your perspective, what's the point? You never back off or moderate your perspective no matter the responses unless/until one of your predictions ends up in the ditch - you just keep doubling down, moving the goalposts and acting like because most here are north of fifty that they're stupid and out of touch.

Starting/over-playing Lander at present is a suckass idea and if you weren't so insecure and/or enthralled with the notion of your own 'wisdom' you'd at least consider that. But you can't, can you? No worries. You do you, just imagined there might be more to it than that.

You are making shit up. Let's look at my most prevalent takes on this board. IU would go to the elite 8 this year, and Romeo is a bust. One take I have not backed down on because it is almost a fact, and the other I recently said I was dead ****ing wrong and predicted them to be 13th instead.

My track record other than that was saying Juwan was a slam dunk hire, predicting Rutgers to be a tournament team last year, Troy going Pro, Smith Transferring. Remind me of the ones I never backed off of, was way off, and moved the goal posts on?

You are making shit up. Let's look at my most prevalent takes on this board. IU would go to the elite 8 this year, and Romeo is a bust. One take I have not backed down on because it is almost a fact, and the other I recently said I was dead ****ing wrong and predicted them to be 13th instead.

My track record other than that was saying Juwan was a slam dunk hire, predicting Rutgers to be a tournament team last year, Troy going Pro, Smith Transferring. Remind me of the ones I never backed off of, was way off, and moved the goal posts on?

The two you mention (almost a fact?!) and this one make for three strikes (or two a a foul). Will have to do because this has become boring.

It's okay. Do what you do, just remember, style points alone don't count for much.

Ok Geezer, since you are dense as a rock. If Lander, Rob and Al were on Iowa's roster Lander would play above all of them, same goes for UK, LOU, and a lot of teams. If they played for Virginia it would prob look similar.

Archie is one of maybe 5 power 5 coaches that is completely concerned with defense. Everything is centered around defense. You could be a pretty good offensive talent and you will still not play unless you can play defense. Trey is beefy and is easily the best defender of the freshmen, that is why he plays.

Is Lander cool taking the I need evolve and get good at D route? Or is he like normal 18 year olds that have been told they are God since 12 and want court time imiedatley. I have no idea. But to dismiss the fact that he is being held back here, where he could easily be on the court at many other programs, is just flat retarded.
He looks bad on offense too. Terrible shot and shaky handles. Bad D us icing on the cake.

Reactions: Lucy01
He looks bad on offense too. Terrible shot and shaky handles. Bad D us icing on the cake.

Shaky handles for sure but easily our best handles, not to mention best passer and creator. He is playing scared out of his mind. Don't forget Rob dribbled off his dick 15 seconds into the game and then hoisted up a prayer that was lucky to hit the rim a few seconds later. Great start, that is our upperclassmen. That was Literally Lander's biggest stretch of play (what 4 minutes) in his big ten career. If he would have played 20 minutes against butler and Providence he would be better now. He obviously belongs and will be very very good when he gains confidence. Rob doesnt belong on a big ten court.
Immediately comes in, gets lost on screens on back to back possessions to give up lead. Next 3 offensive possessions: bad shot, bad pass, air ball. I might need some of @Cavanagh weed to see what he’s seeing. It all makes sense now.

Shaky handles for sure but easily our best handles, not to mention best passer and creator. He is playing scared out of his mind. Don't forget Rob dribbled off his dick 15 seconds into the game and then hoisted up a prayer that was lucky to hit the rim a few seconds later. Great start, that is our upperclassmen. That was Literally Lander's biggest stretch of play (what 4 minutes) in his big ten career. If he would have played 20 minutes against butler and Providence he would be better now. He obviously belongs and will be very very good when he gains confidence. Rob doesnt belong on a big ten court.

Keep doubling down Sean.

Reactions: limestonecowboy
That 3-4 minute stretch with Lander in the game is arguably the difference between a multi-possession win and the result you saw tonight. Wisconsin 11 IU 0. I get you have to play the kid because Franklin was out and hope he gets his first one to go, but this happens every single time he comes in. You cannot hide a player like Lander in a pack line defense. This is why he doesn’t play.

That 3-4 minute stretch with Lander in the game is arguably the difference between a multi-possession win and the result you saw tonight. Wisconsin 11 IU 0. I get you have to play the kid because Franklin was out and hope he gets his first one to go, but this happens every single time he comes in. You cannot hide a player like Lander in a pack line defense. This is why he doesn’t play.

“Here endeth the lesson” :). Love it.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Lander was convinced to graduate a year early and come to IU before he was ready. That’s an error for which several persons are responsible. But it’s obvious there was a mistake in the evaluation of his ability to play at this level, this soon.

Reactions: BigMobe
Lander was convinced to graduate a year early and come to IU before he was ready. That’s an error for which several persons are responsible. But it’s obvious there was a mistake in the evaluation of his ability to play at this level, this soon.

It’s a free year this year eligibility wise and most players tend to get better with age. The idea that Lander can’t or won’t develop during his time at IU is absurd. But agree, he can’t be on the court unless out of absolute necessity.

Reactions: JB_Nomee
It’s a free year this year eligibility wise and most players tend to get better with age. The idea that Lander can’t or won’t develop during his time at IU is absurd. But agree, he can’t be on the court unless out of absolute necessity.
Never said he couldn’t develop, only that he’s not ready to play at this level, in spite of Miller’s preseason comments to the contrary.

ADVERTISEMENT