ADVERTISEMENT

AOTF Masters Golf Challenge

I'm always game for golf.

Anybody know if Jeff Knox is beating Bubba?

I know on at least one hole he just put the ball in his pocket after going in the water, so he doesn't have an official score.

But I bet he did (on the holes that counted)...

Haha. According to Twitter Bubba was pissed he had to play w/him. There's a highlight out there of Knox draining a 50 footer on 13 from this morning.

If you didn't know Knox plays with a single on the weekend as a marker. He's the best player at Augusta with a course record 61 from the member tees. He only drives the ball about 240 but he's supposedly 8-5-1 against the pros.

Bubba seemed really friendly with him out there from when I was watching them.

But knowing Bubba, that was probably just because the cameras were on him.

He's a jackass.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
Bubba seemed really friendly with him out there from when I was watching them.

But knowing Bubba, that was probably just because the cameras were on him.

He's a jackass.
I heard that Sergio stiffed him on a $10,000 bet until word got around and he paid up out of shame.

Bubba brushed off a reporter after his round when asked about Knox. That's funny about Sergio. And yes, Bubba is a supreme ass. If he's as jacked up in the head as he claims he wouldn't have made it as a professional golfer. It's impossible to even get on tour w/o a somewhat competent mental game.

Way back when I used to work at a small hotel in Carmel. We used to host a bunch of pro bowlers that would play the annual event at Woodland Bowl. I never met such a group of people that felt so entitled and self important. Many were complete jackasses.

Dammit Na - would you just withdraw mid-round - every bogey and double bogey on your round is costing me points!

Always wondered how the best on the Sr. Tour could do on a regular basis....Langer showing just how good he is!!

I must say its been quite a competitive tournament we have.

Na had a, uh, rough day.

My best damn player was my cheapest, Kaufman. He's a talented young guy, but didn't expect this. He'll probably Na it tomorrow

Damn. Flight delay through Atlanta. Won't get home until 2:30 a.m. at this rate.

Na goes +13 yesterday, 3 under through first 5.
If this is an indication of scores that will continue there will be lots of movement today - should be a fun Sunday!

Reactions: C-$
Crazy. A quadruple bogey from Spieth out of nowhere on 12. Couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. 45 minutes ago the kid's 5 strokes clear of the field, now he's 3 strokes behind the leader. I don't think I've ever seen a 8 stroke swing at the top of the leaderboard so quickly this late in the competition of a major, or perhaps even otherwise. I mean 5 strokes up up to 3 strokes back in the blink of an eye. Stunning.

Last edited:
Congrats to Hoops Cat for taking 1st place

2nd went to ckHoosier1

3rd went to Cryano

It was a fun tourney, lots of lead changes. In some repects more fun than DK football.

Again if you're interested in playing next week and you haven't told me please do so. I will create the link as soon as salaries are released.

Again if you're interested in playing next week and you haven't told me please do so. I will create the link as soon as salaries are released.

My guys took a giant shit today after a pretty big shit yesterday. I was looking good for a while...

My guys took a giant shit today after a pretty big shit yesterday. I was looking good for a while...
Yea my guys Kaufman and Hideki missed the shitter all together. I went from being in the money to 12th.

Reactions: C-$
FYI, the winner of the million dollars scored a 478.5 and had Casey, Matsuyama, Merritt, Spieth, Westwood and Willett.

The top score in our tourney of 335 wouldn't have even made the money in the millionaire maker.

Looking ahead a bit, who wants in for next week? The tour is playing in Hilton Head for the RBC Heritage.

I'd like to get in if not too late.

Side Note: Is it odd that I think more of Spieth now that he's suffered the bitterest of defeats on the biggest stage?

Up until today he'd pretty much always come through when leading into the final day. In fact, I think he had converted on 6 consecutive tournaments where he was either leading or tied for the lead heading into the final round.

There's an element of adversity that now exists within Spieth's career that puts his narrative on a more interesting path than it was on prior to today, at least for me it does.

Reactions: Eppy99
Hey I'd like to play if there is room. This was pretty fun.
I'd like to get in if not too late.

Side Note: Is it odd that I think more of Spieth now that he's suffered the bitterest of defeats on the biggest stage?

Up until today he'd pretty much always come through when leading into the final day. In fact, I think he had converted on 6 consecutive tournaments where he was either leading or tied for the lead heading into the final round.

There's an element of adversity that now exists within Spieth's career that puts his narrative on a more interesting path than it was on prior to today, at least for me it does.
i agree he was devastated after this loss. I hope he bounces back strong

For those new and old I'm switching back to our usual fantasy golf thread to communicate. You can always email or send a private message on here as well.

I watch golf most weekends if at least a few big names are in contention. Cool thing is my wife loves watching golf so it works out great. If you guys do this for each tournament I'm definitely in! I didn't even know this board existed until last week
Whobops wife likes looking at small white balls.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT