Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Spirits

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • I don’t drink

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
So I drink beer as my go to beverage. Usually always have some Three Floyd’s in the fridge. I actually prefer wine but I drink beer more often as I don’t want to open a bottle of wine unless it’s with dinner. As for wine, give me a nice Cab, Pinot Noir or Zin. During the summer I can sit outside and sip a crisp white all night long.

So I drink beer as my go to beverage. Usually always have some Three Floyd’s in the fridge. I actually prefer wine but I drink beer more often as I don’t want to open a bottle of wine unless it’s with dinner. As for wine, give me a nice Cab, Pinot Noir or Zin. During the summer I can sit outside and sip a crisp white all night long.

What does your husband drink?

So you lumped all spirits together? That's far - far - too broad a brush.

brbon_pik4.jpg

What does your husband drink?

Tbf to Eppy, you cant really drink reds when its warm. It just makes you feel warmer. I have some really expensive reds I bought like in the 90s -- at like $80 and now are worth $400. Just sitting there. No appetite to drink them. I will share it with you guys if any of you get out to this neck of the woods.

I prefer whites nowadays, if I do drink which is getting quite rare. Like once a month now.

But Eppy, if you like whites, look out for New Zealand's Sav Blanc from the Marlborough Region. The famous one is Cloudy Bay but honestly, you cant tell much of a difference between the others from the region. Fruity, crisp and very refreshing. Some of the aromas are of some of the more exotic fruits you get in SE Asia. Very pleasant

Last edited:
Tbf to Eppy, you cant really drink reds when its warm. It just makes you feel warmer. I have some really expensive reds I bought like in the 90s -- at like $80 and now are worth $400. Just sitting there. No appetite to drink them. I will share it with you guys if any of you get out to this neck of the woods.

I prefer whites nowadays, if I do drink which is getting quite rare. Like once a month now.

But Eppy, if you like whites, look out for New Zealand's Sav Blanc from the Marlborough Region. The famous one is Cloudy Bay but honestly, you cant tell much of a difference between the others from the region. Fruity, crisp and very refreshing. Some of the aromas are of some of the more exotic fruits you get in SE Asia. Very pleasant
Yea, for around $20 a bottle I've been drinking Cloudy Bay for years. Most people opt for a cheap Oyster Bay, but if your going to open a bottle of wine don't let $5 - $10 get in the way of a better choice. With that said you can absolutely find some bargains under $20. A great bottle of wine doesn't have to be expensive. And most importantly I never let someone tell me what to like. Your taste buds are the only opinion that matters. I read reviews but that doesn't mean I will like it.

And yes I generally drink whites during the summer.

Yea, for around $20 a bottle I've been drinking Cloudy Bay for years. Most people opt for a cheap Oyster Bay, but if your going to open a bottle of wine don't let $5 - $10 get in the way of a better choice. With that said you can absolutely find some bargains under $20. A great bottle of wine doesn't have to be expensive. And most importantly I never let someone tell me what to like. Your taste buds are the only opinion that matters. I read reviews but that doesn't mean I will like it.

And yes I generally drink whites during the summer.

Oyster Bay's my choice too. The soil around Malbrough region is quite consistent. Cloudy Bay was going for like 40bucks here at one stage as it was trendy.

I had an ex-gf who drank like a fish -- at least a bottle a night on her own. Couldn't afford to keep up anymore so I switch to Oyster Bay. She really didn't care. So that was a small victory.

One poll a day.
I have beer in the refrigerator that I will drink once in a while or when company comes over. Most of it is leftover from what my son brings over.

We usually had a bottle of wine around even before dad trimmed down his wine collection and gave us several bottles. I don't like the dry wines many of the wine snobs tell me are really good. I like a cheap bottle of Oliver wine as well as a more expensive bottle. I stick to beer if ordering in a restaurant.

ADVERTISEMENT