ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching Lodge 49 (new series on AMC)? other good TV options?

Oh, and Crashing (HBO) was outstanding. It's finished its run (at least on HBO), but the last episode was brilliant.

I know it may seem rather quaint and old-fashioned to watch a broadcast network series, but did anyone watch the first season of The Passage? I thought it was really good, although I don't think I have ever seen a television series make the kind of leap in time and setting as it did in the final episode of the season. I'm sure a lot of people were a bit turned off by that. Will be interesting to see if it gets picked-up for a season 2.

I have not, but it's on my to watch list. And there are quite a few broadcast TV shows that I enjoy, some solid sitcoms. Superstore, The Good Place, The Kids are Alright, Brooklyn Nine-Nine as well as solid drama/action/procedural types. I like Blindspot, Gotham, Marvel Agents of Shield, The Blacklist. The biggest problem I have with broadcast network TV is the quick trigger they have with yanking a decent series right when it seems to start getting good. I have been burned too many times, and am wary of investing much time in broadcast network serials/series until they prove they can stick.

###EDIT###

Another new series on cable is Project Blue Book. I enjoyed it.

I have not, but it's on my to watch list. And there are quite a few broadcast TV shows that I enjoy, some solid sitcoms. Superstore, The Good Place, The Kids are Alright, Brooklyn Nine-Nine as well as solid drama/action/procedural types. I like Blindspot, Gotham, Marvel Agents of Shield, The Blacklist. The biggest problem I have with broadcast network TV is the quick trigger they have with yanking a decent series right when it seems to start getting good. I have been burned too many times, and am wary of investing much time in broadcast network serials/series until they prove they can stick.

###EDIT###

When I was a kid there was a show that I thought was also called Project Blue Book. However, Wikipedia says it was called Project U.F.O. I recall that there was a very heightened interest in UFOs around that time (late 1970s) that kind of petered out ~1980 or so. At least that's how I remember it (which probably means it's not all that accurate). In any event, it was similar to the current series Project Blue Book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_U.F.O.

###EDIT###

I’ve said this before on here (I think), but any good binge watching list MUST include:

- the Americans (all seasons)
- Maniac (weird, but enjoyable)
- black mirror (especially season 3)
- baskets (if tyou like Zach Galfinakis, it’s really offbeat)
- better call Saul & breaking bad
- west world (something you can watch many times and discover new things each time)
- Russian doll (an update on Groundhog Day, basically)
- shameless (the first few seasons- the last few have sucked)
- nurse Jackie (same as shameless)
- the leftovers (explores what if a mini rapture happened, and how the world would handle it)
- stranger things
- mr robot
- sopranos
- the wire
- true detective
- Fargo (top five for me)

That about covers what we’ve binge watched over the past several years.

If I had to pick five, it would be: Fargo, the Americans, better call Saul, west world & black mirror. In no particular order. They’re all really good.

Honorable mentions: stranger things, mr robot & the leftovers.

Been hooked on The Man in the High Castle_Amazon Prime. Also, the series documentary about food, Ugly Delicious_Netflix.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT