ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know much about MetroNet? The company is laying fiber optics lines in our neighborhood

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
as we speak. I'm itching to get rid of At&t which doesn't yet have Fiber at my location. Xfinity is also an option but don't know their plans for adding Fiber.

as we speak. I'm itching to get rid of At&t which doesn't yet have Fiber at my location. Xfinity is also an option but don't know their plans for adding Fiber.
We have it and like it. Was nice to dump Comcast. Internet is fast and TV is TV and it’s a lot cheaper as you probably know. No contract either. Other friends of mine love it and they recommended to me.

Reactions: Eppy99
Was looking at the packages. They range from 100mb - 1000mb. Not sure what I need with a family of 5. 4 phones, iPads and laptops. Two tv’s for streaming. We don’t do any gaming but lots of streaming content.

Was looking at the packages. They range from 100mb - 1000mb. Not sure what I need with a family of 5. 4 phones, iPads and laptops. Two tv’s for streaming. We don’t do any gaming but lots of streaming content.
We are family of four and have two TVs. We all use Netflix and amazon prime video. Son Xbox a lot and I stream music all the time. I believe we have the 500 and it works just fine.

We are family of four and have two TVs. We all use Netflix and amazon prime video. Son Xbox a lot and I stream music all the time. I believe we have the 500 and it works just fine.
Thanks that’s helpful

Reactions: IU40IU
They are one of our clients. I am impressed by them and they seem to be growing. The best kind of people to work with.

Reactions: IU40IU and Eppy99
I don’t have MetroNet even though they dug a huge hole in my front yard some years ago. Neighbors who have them all seems highly satisfied with service.

Thanks that’s helpful
Forgot to mention. Best customer service. They actually listen to you and respond quickly. They screwed up our bill and actually credited us for our trouble. Think Comcast.....and then the opposite of that.

Trying this site to ping your current speed:

https://www.speedtest.net/

Then test it for other servers.

All ISPs will advertise a much higher speed than reality. That's because they will ping it to their server from your location and advertise that. ... unless they have the mother of all data centers hosting everything you want in life, you will normally go to other servers, around the country or abroad.

Ultimately you need to see what you are getting now to see if you need more. Most video streams run at clean 2-5Mbps.

The other problem is that lots of homes have dead spots within the home. Maybe instead of requiring more, you can invest in a mesh network to clean up those dead spots. This may be the actual solution.

All the increased bandwidth may not have a bang for your buck if you have dead spots. I have a 1Gig fibre into my home, only me and my cats. And yet sometimes have drop-outs in the bedroom because I am only using a range extender which apparently sucks up 1/3rd of the bandwidth. And the range extender is only on the 2.4 Mhz frequency which is inherently unstable. Its an old range extender. (I bought a mesh network for my place up in Penang but its still unboxed since I have been locked down in both countries!)

https://www.cnet.com/news/best-mesh-wi-fi-system-2020-eero-google-nest-netgear/

We have it and like it. Was nice to dump Comcast. Internet is fast and TV is TV and it’s a lot cheaper as you probably know. No contract either. Other friends of mine love it and they recommended to me.
What is the picture quality of metronet tv vs comcast?

What is the picture quality of metronet tv vs comcast?

mXzYS.jpg

vs
myfetishcam198x162-1.gif

ADVERTISEMENT