ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know anything about Grant Thornton?

Dunn_IU

Freshman
Sep 28, 2015
Big 8 accounting firm, but I'm going to interview with them tomorrow for a management consulting position. Anything good or bad to say about them?

Big 8 accounting firm, but I'm going to interview with them tomorrow for a management consulting position. Anything good or bad to say about them?
Big 8 accounting firms is so 1970. It has been reduced to 4, through acquisition, or just going away (see Arthur Andersen). There is now the big 4. Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC), KMPG, and Ernst and Young (EY).

Hope your interview went well.

Was your interview for an Advisory, Audit or Tax position?

What aspect of management consulting? Organization development, management development, business development? From my years in the Chicago area, I would describe them as pretty solid but not aggressive. You might want to check out Diane Swonk, who recently left Mesirow to become one of their executive team and the public face of the organization. She is a national name with a long Chicago track record.

Grant Thornton, Specializes in Big 4 cast offs. Kids that got good grades and scores, but when they went into interview, they turned out to be total social misfits.

That's what you'll find at GT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT