Anyone here have horses

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Ladoga, Apr 5, 2020.

1. INRanger27

INRanger27 All-American
    Expand Collapse

He’s referring to the War on Ivermectin, which is the latest theater in the War on Hydroxychloroquine which is the sequel to the War on Christmas.

2. UncleMark

UncleMark Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

3. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think it predates Trump. Movies are more formulated nowadays -- like people are going in to kill time rather than wanting to walk out of it thinking of the movie. Social media and the instant faux-outrage etc hasn't helped.

Maybe its the globalisation/interconnectivity of media, information that internet provides that has overwhelmed a vast majority people -- ie too much data that has forced over-cooked people to stick/revert to conditioned or prescribed choices instead and their quick choices as a result. Too much too soon.

Checkers, easy. Chess, fine. 3D Chess ok. 4D Chess... hmmmm.
    5D Chess feck-it. I will stick to what I know. Checkers.

It doesn't help that there is a 'missing' or at least an eroded hierarchy of informational authority when it's been democratised by social media where one tinfoiled crackpot has, in theory, the same reach as a Pulitzer prize winner.

4. 76-1

76-1 All-American
    Expand Collapse

It's worthless unless you're washing it down with a Single Malt... ;)

Have you experienced any side effects yet? Panting heavily while dragging your behind across carpeting seems to be the most common reported so far...;)

5. mcmurtry66

mcmurtry66 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Ha well played! Honestly with this shutdown my heart’s fine, it’s my liver I’m concerned about!!

Spartans9312, 76-1 and twenty02 like this.
  6. twenty02

twenty02 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Just talked with my buddy who works for BUD (A/B)

They are turning all keg production off... everything going to retail production. Demand very strong on the shelves. Likely not enough to makeup for their lost bar/ restaurant business. But folks buying plenty.... I'm doing my part

7. mcmurtry66

mcmurtry66 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Interesting. They timed their release of the bud light seltzers perfectly. I haven’t tried them as I prefer beer and harder stuff but if things drag into May I’ll turn in my man card and move to the seltzers. I’m getting fat.

8. Standard Issue

Expand Collapse

I've lost about ten pounds since I've been working from home. Between making a concerted effort to get somewhere between 5 and 10 miles in either on the treadmill or walking outside and projects, both my wife and I are noticing a difference. As an example my wife and I spread 5 yards of mulch yesterday, dug up a tree that died and planted a new one, all after I got off work. Granted I feel like I need a grease zerk in each shoulder this morning.
    Aging kind of sucks.

9. iuwclurker

iuwclurker All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

You’re a noble soul.

10. iuwclurker

iuwclurker All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

11. mcmurtry66

mcmurtry66 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Amazing! I set out with the plan to lose weight over this stretch but failed miserably. I need a reset.