ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have the Fred Glass quote from a few years ago about how deep runs and championships are expe

.. expected?

I am looking for that quote..

“My goals for this program are to perennially contend for and to win multiple Big Ten championships, regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament and win our next national championship,” he told the Star. “Be elite, if you will. As a lifelong Hoosier and IU basketball fan, alumnus and current AD, nobody wants that more than me."

“Coach Crean’s status should be based on his ability to achieve those goals going forward, not what he has or hasn’t done in the past. Because I believe in the team he has assembled and is assembling, his leadership of it and their ability to start achieving our program goals, I continue to support Tom Crean as our coach.”

Not that i just have this quote lying around or anything lol

Reactions: ZildjianZLine
Let's see if he follows through. I think we probably all know the answer.

NOPE!

Let's see if he follows through. I think we probably all know the answer.

NOPE!
There is no way that Glass will settle for Crean in the long term. Sure Crean is a survivor. Sure Crean wins just enough to cloud the waters.

But to make IU truly elite...Crean has to have stopped turnovers and gotten Bryant to become more productive. Assists would be up. The foul shot disparity would be solved. And the ups and downs wouldn't happen. A point guard that can dribble, and think, and chew gum at the same time.

He believes that IU should perennially compete for the B1G championship.

Bye bye Tom Crean. Wish you well at LSU or at UAB...whatever.

Bring on a new era where IU is among the top 3 in the B1G every year. And let's hang another banner....National Championship NCAAT 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT