ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Else Think Durham Traveled Before He Put The Ball On The Floor

Crossblock

Junior
Jan 8, 2019
As I get older, my eyes don't work as well as they used to so I need a second look from somebody. Remember the play where Durham took the inbound pass near the corner, dribbled toward the middle of the floor had some contact with the Defender and the Officials called a foul on the Minnesota Defender rather than traveling? When they showed the replay, it appeared to me that Durham moved both feet in a sort of shuffle with the ball in his hands before he started his dribble. I thought a travel could have been called at that point before the play started.

Did anyone else see this, or am I really overdue for an eye exam.

As I get older, my eyes don't work as well as they used to so I need a second look from somebody. Remember the play where Durham took the inbound pass near the corner, dribbled toward the middle of the floor had some contact with the Defender and the Officials called a foul on the Minnesota Defender rather than traveling? When they showed the replay, it appeared to me that Durham moved both feet in a sort of shuffle with the ball in his hands before he started his dribble. I thought a travel could have been called at that point before the play started.

They missed travels more than once, but overall the officiating wasn’t bad last night.

Reactions: Radio Zero

He basically fell down twice with no significant contact, and we got the calls both times. The second was a huge call. Pretty unusual for a road game. If those calls had gone the other way at AH we'd all be raising hell.

He basically fell down twice with no significant contact, and we got the calls both times. The second was a huge call. Pretty unusual for a road game. If those calls had gone the other way at AH we'd all be raising hell.

The first time that the call went against Minn, it was RIGHT after that ref had gotten lip from the SAME player he called the foul on. I personally think it was a message to the player to SHUT UP.

That is one reason the players should never talked to the reg unless it is just to ask a simple question.

By the way, both calls, IMO were wrong and should have resulted in two TO's for us.

Gee whiz. Sounds like you're on top of this but could you please provide us a definitive link of the play you're talking about?

What I remember is that "the Defender" (as you anointed him anonymously) had his right hand on Durham's left hip (sorta like the early hours of a date on prom night) and, surprise, appeared to pull Durham forward until he slipped. Also, I remember that "the Defender" (as you anointed him anonymously) DIDN'T PROTEST THE FRICKING CALL!!

But, maybe that's not the play you remember (or the agenda you are advancing).

Give a link and you won't have to blame your eyes.

No the second their feet got tangled up.

The first time that the call went against Minn, it was RIGHT after that ref had gotten lip from the SAME player he called the foul on. I personally think it was a message to the player to SHUT UP.

That is one reason the players should never talked to the reg unless it is just to ask a simple question.

By the way, both calls, IMO were wrong and should have resulted in two TO's for us.

You know, that kind of thing happens.....against players and coaches......as do make-up calls. But I hate to see any of that. I don't see how any self-respecting ref can do anything other than call them as he sees them, with no agenda.

As far as make-up calls go, admit you missed one and go about your business......

There was contact from the defender. Could not tell if it was before or after the travel. They didn't show the right angle on the replay to tell, IMO. I think the refs give the benefit to an offense trying to close out game since the defense is aggressive trying to get a turnover or extend the game with a foul.

I do like the new continuation rule being implemented into the college game. LOL

Oturu got an And 1 and it looked like he got the benefit of an NBA continuation call. Still that wasn't as obvious of a continuation call as the one Garza got last week.

Reactions: mk23
Gee whiz. Sounds like you're on top of this but could you please provide us a definitive link of the play you're talking about?

What I remember is that "the Defender" (as you anointed him anonymously) had his right hand on Durham's left hip (sorta like the early hours of a date on prom night) and, surprise, appeared to pull Durham forward until he slipped. Also, I remember that "the Defender" (as you anointed him anonymously) DIDN'T PROTEST THE FRICKING CALL!!

But, maybe that's not the play you remember (or the agenda you are advancing).

Give a link and you won't have to blame your eyes.
I'm not computer literate enough to provide the link. I am not referring to the point in the play where he tangled his feet or the Minnesota Player made contact and tripped him. I'm referring to the point right after he received the in bounds pass, half turned his body, and right before he started the dribble. That's where I thought I saw odd movement of his feet, or a shuffling where both feet moved before he started his dribble.

Contact was after he took a couple stutter steps. He did travel. We have benefit of replay.

Al drives me crazy on the falling down stuff. It seems like he falls 5x/game, for various reasons. i don't remember any other IU player ever who falls down as much as him.
Somebody here claimed the Cody Zeller was clumsy and "flopped around," if I recall what he said exactly. Can't remember who that was, but yes, it was very dumb. Durham on the other hand, does fall down a lot. He's relatively slight and kind of awkward in some of his drives, but he generally plays hard. I think that kid really has a drive to win, but he's just not our most talented player. He is a solid contributor though.

Reactions: Radio Zero
There was contact from the defender. Could not tell if it was before or after the travel. They didn't show the right angle on the replay to tell, IMO. I think the refs give the benefit to an offense trying to close out game since the defense is aggressive trying to get a turnover or extend the game with a foul.

I do like the new continuation rule being implemented into the college game. LOL

Oturu got an And 1 and it looked like he got the benefit of an NBA continuation call. Still that wasn't as obvious of a continuation call as the one Garza got last week.
The continuation call was no doubt bogus. There were some blown calls both ways. The game was evenly called.

Last edited:

Meh. A few bad calls that mostly seemed to offset each other. I thought we had a few bad against us, but so did Minny. For the most part the game was called consistently. Pretty good officiating job, especially compared to some other shit shows I have seen this year.

I try to not get too emotional watching these games anymore. For the most part, it’s pretty easy. But the B1G officiating gets me at least once or twice every game. Complete clown show. And almost always the same guys we’ve had for years. The same ones the announcers continually say are the best in the business.

That said, little Pitino brings an awful lot of that on himself. Dude is maniacal on 25-30 plays a game. Guess he thinks he gets daddy’s respect from the stripes, but they don’t see it that way. I’m surprised they don’t calmly walk over at the beginning of the game and tell him to sit on it.

Durham got away with 2 turnovers in the barn. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT