mobilehoosier

Senior
Nov 17, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
To set the context for my encouragement I respectfully offer the following:
  • Don't like losing
  • Not happy w senior guards yet
  • Don't think we're very good
With that said last night I felt I got a glimpse of Archie ball, which I found encouraging.
  • Half court sets were well executed at times
  • Defense showed some principles (execution still lacking at times)
  • We were giving them a game until we gave them the game (fast break turnovers killed)
When we learn to:
  • Slow down and run half court O
  • Stop trying to make a spectacular alley oop
  • Manage game time we'll be much better (we have some talent but so do the teams we play. Not out talenting anyone this year. We have to out work and think them. Not there yet.)
It's going to take time but Archie is really slick. He's letting his kids learn his way is better. We're not bought in yet but I think we will. When we do we'll be pretty good.

OK what do you think?
Go Hoosiers!
Respectfully,

To set the context for my encouragement I respectfully offer the following:
  • Don't like losing
  • Not happy w senior guards yet
  • Don't think we're very good
With that said last night I felt I got a glimpse of Archie ball, which I found encouraging.
  • Half court sets were well executed at times
  • Defense showed some principles (execution still lacking at times)
  • We were giving them a game until we gave them the game (fast break turnovers killed)
When we learn to:
  • Slow down and run half court O
  • Stop trying to make a spectacular alley oop
  • Manage game time we'll be much better (we have some talent but so do the teams we play. Not out talenting anyone this year. We have to out work and think them. Not there yet.)
It's going to take time but Archie is really slick. He's letting his kids learn his way is better. We're not bought in yet but I think we will. When we do we'll be pretty good.

OK what do you think?
Go Hoosiers!
Respectfully,
Yes I was pleasantly surprised last night. You see flashes. I like a lot of the offense, although we still can’t shoot. I want to see more Durham and Smith.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
We blew the pointspread by 35 pts. against ISU, by 15 against Howard, and only 5 1/2 against Seton Hall, so yes, I'm encouraged....by the trend.

Reactions: fireforeffect
I heard the same things about Crean for 7 year. I like Archie but I'm not anointing him yet. He's completely unproven. I'm certainly giving him a pass so far but I want to see improvement over the course of THIS YEAR. No excuses this team can't at least be competitive for the middle part of the Big Ten.

To make it 100% clear I fully support AM and think he'll do well at IU. I'm just not one for handing out awards for 20 point losses.

Reactions: Tegray1
I heard the same things about Crean for 7 year. I like Archie but I'm not anointing him yet. He's completely unproven. I'm certainly giving him a pass so far but I want to see improvement over the course of THIS YEAR. No excuses this team can't at least be competitive for the middle part of the Big Ten.

To make it 100% clear I fully support AM and think he'll do well at IU. I'm just not one for handing out awards for 20 point losses.
I fully believe that over the course of the season this team will improve a lot from what we have seen so far.
I am concerned that it won't be enough to get us in the NCAAT. I just get the feeling they will be playing very good basketball at the end of the season but it will be to little to late. Certainly hope that I am wrong.

I fully believe that over the course of the season this team will improve a lot from what we have seen so far.
I am concerned that it won't be enough to get us in the NCAAT. I just get the feeling they will be playing very good basketball at the end of the season but it will be to little to late. Certainly hope that I am wrong.
What we need to realize that we should see improvement over the year but that doesn't mean we automatically see it in the win column.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
It took Izzo three years at MSU. Same for Donovan at Florida. It took Coach K and Jay Wright four years. It took Tony Bennett and Beilien five years before UVA and Michigan started winning big. The list goes on.

You can judge a coach from Day 1, but historically the best predictor of future success (or lack thereof) is years 3-5 with a program. Those are the coaching years.

The movie Hoosiers is looking more like a documentary. A new coach comes in, bunch of people get all worked up. The movie wasn't so much about basketball as it was the people who live here.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
It took Izzo three years at MSU. Same for Donovan at Florida. It took Coach K and Jay Wright four years. It took Tony Bennett and Beilien five years before UVA and Michigan started winning big. The list goes on.

You can judge a coach from Day 1, but historically the best predictor of future success (or lack thereof) is years 3-5 with a program. Those are the coaching years.

Good post "shooter". I don't understand why everyone is so down on CAM. I didn't get to see the first two games but did watch the SH game. Yes, the 2nd half was disappointing but I saw a lot to be encouraged about in the 1st half. I feel the first half may have made the 2nd half a little more disappointing than it was but SH was a rugged veteran team.

I'm more than willing to give CAM a pass for the the first couple seasons till he can get a roster put together of "his" players. Main thing in the mean time I want to see are the little things that don't necessarily show up in the stats or in the win column. I saw enough of that in the 1st half of the SH game to be encouraged that CAM is headed in the right direction. Just going to take time

Reactions: shooter1977
ADVERTISEMENT