ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else a little ticked off right now watching Northwestern Auburn?

As opposed to the SEC???
It's close...I would argue that it isn't the SEC working to keep Indiana Football down. What did Fred Glass recently say about the Big Ten brass?? Fred said they're working very hard to snuff out Indiana Football. That's exactly what Fred said and he is in a position to know these things.

If the Big Ten works to hurt Indiana, I have reasons to root against their bowl participants. The moment the BIG shows Indiana Football respect and treats it fairly, I'm all Big Ten. Will that time come this fall? Their own Gary Barta sabotaged Indiana!

It's close...I would argue that it isn't the SEC working to keep Indiana Football down. What did Fred Glass recently say about the Big Ten brass?? Fred said they're working very hard to snuff out Indiana Football. That's exactly what Fred said and he is in a position to know these things.

If the Big Ten works to hurt Indiana, I have reasons to root against their bowl participants.
I'd like to know exactly how much (if any) influence the B1G had in Citrus choosing NW over us. IU was by all objective measures the better team, has a vastly greater alumni base, and has traveled well. The decision just makes no sense to me unless you inject "political" agendas of some sort.

I'd like to know exactly how much (if any) influence the B1G had in Citrus choosing NW over us. IU was by all objective measures the better team, has a vastly greater alumni base, and has traveled well. The decision just makes no sense to me unless you inject "political" agendas of some sort.

I want to smash Iowa so bad in football, it’s not funny.

Naaaa . . . I'm not even watching the game. And I totally believe that sports politics are playing a huge role in these selections.

If you remember what Fred Glass said after the pairings when he announced he TOTALLY believes that there is an old guard that will work to protect its favored positions both within the conference and at the national level. IU is not only NOT given a seat at the table, but it is not even allowed in the room.

In the future, this resistance will only increase proportionally to IU's success. Be prepared to battle to get EVERYTHING that IU earns.

Naaaa . . . I'm not even watching the game. And I totally believe that sports politics are playing a huge role in these selections.

If you remember what Fred Glass said after the pairings when he announced he TOTALLY believes that there is an old guard that will work to protect its favored positions both within the conference and at the national level. IU is not only NOT given a seat at the table, but it is not even allowed in the room.

In the future, this resistance will only increase proportionally to IU's success. Be prepared to battle to get EVERYTHING that IU earns.
Spot on. The selections were blatantly political this year. Total BS

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Ticked off? No. As someone else said, Georgia/Cincinnati was the better game and, in about 10 minutes, NW/Auburn is going to lose whatever small TV audience it has when everyone switches to Notre Dame/Alabama.

Tampa turned out to be a better destination than Orlando.

I understand the frustration. IU had a great season. I wish the Cats had faced IU in Indy. It would have been a great game. Penix v. Ramsey. As for bowl picks, NU got passed over a lot in the early and mid teens, especially by Iowa or Nebraska teams we had beaten ir with worse records. IU will establish itself and get more of those picks with success in coming years. Good luck on Jan 2.

So by this logic, Northwestern has a seat at the table?????

Reactions: rmndcat
Not exactly. But we had this same problem when we started being a consistent bowl team over the last ten years or so. Iowa, Nebraska, even Purdue, would leap frog us. Win tomorrow. Keep winning and you'll do the leapfrogging. It's not fair, of course, but you have some control over it.
I agree. As an NU fan, being passed over for bowls is a rite of passage. I’m just questioning the “powers that be” angle of this whole argument. No question IU got screwed in bowl selection. But that was a function of the CFP committee. The BIG has made it a pint to not penalize the loser of the BIG championship game. That’s why NU got citrus

Uncle Mark, you'd make a fine conspiracy theorist! I knew you had it in you!

• Haha
Reactions: vesuvius13

If the Big Ten works to hurt Indiana, I have reasons to root against their bowl participants. The moment the BIG shows Indiana Football respect and treats it fairly, I'm all Big Ten. Will that time come this fall? Their own Gary Barta sabotaged Indiana!

Nobody's keeping you down when you can't stand on your own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT