ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else a fan of Al Stewart?

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
Rockin (well, sort of) to some old Al Stewart, while trying to finally complete a large project, and it reminds me of how unique Al Stewart was/is (he's still around). Sure everyone knows Year of the Cat and Time Passages, but I always have loved his historically based songs such as On the Border (one of my all-time favorite songs), Nostradamus, Roads to Moscow and Life Between the Wars. The guitar playing by Peter White on the song On the Border is legendary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y6hVQn-e5Y (e.g. at 1:50)

Rockin (well, sort of) to some old Al Stewart, while trying to finally complete a large project, and it reminds me of how unique Al Stewart was/is (he's still around). Sure everyone knows Year of the Cat and Time Passages, but I always have loved his historically based songs such as On the Border (one of my all-time favorite songs), Nostradamus, Roads to Moscow and Life Between the Wars. The guitar playing by Peter White on the song On the Border is legendary:

(e.g. at 1:50)

Was doing a back search to find previous threads dealing with Manafort,and came across this thread from my pre Cooler days.Brought back memories since Roads To Moscow was released the year I graduated high school,and it was dorm mates at IU that turned me on to Al.Not a huge fan of everything,but I've always loved RTM.
The mournful balalaika at the beginning sets the mood,and the lyrics are a haunting narrative of the Eastern Front,both prior to and following Stalingrad...

This is truly a unique video-a power point/slide presentation framed around RTM,which I just now discovered...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT