ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone actually think we'll get Mullins?

Lol. Creighton had transfers Schierman, Ashworth, and Farabello.. ISU had Gilbert and Jones. Gonzaga had Ike and Nembhard. PU still picked up Jones.
I guess ISU with their lone F4 appearance in '44 and half dozen conf champioships (4 during the depression and WW2) should be what we aspire to be. They're doing it the right way!

Creighton LOL

I guess ISU with their lone F4 appearance in '44 and half dozen conf champioships (4 during the depression and WW2) should be what we aspire to be. They're doing it the right way!

Creighton LOL

Don't forget PU. They had to use the portal with Jones just to lose by 15 to UCONN with 3 transfers of Newton, Spencer, and Diarra.

Lol. Creighton had transfers Schierman, Ashworth, and Farabello.. ISU had Gilbert and Jones. Gonzaga had Ike and Nembhard. PU still picked up Jones.
Every team has some transfers, I’m talking about going out and signing checks. Let’s see if the free agency model works for Woody.

Every team has some transfers, I’m talking about going out and signing checks. Let’s see if the free agency model works for Woody.

I figured you'd move the goal post. So, for the upcoming season, ISU has 4 new transfers to go along with the 2 from last year. Creighton has 2 new transfers to go along with 2 from last year. Gonzaga has 4 new transfers to go with their returning 2. And PU has zero, obviously, as nobody wants to play there.

IU is no different. You just don't like it and want to blame Woody for doing what everyone else is doing. He needs to win with this team, for sure. But he's not the only one playing the game.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Sleepers has been following Mullins very closely and they talked about a prediction from On3 that says it's down to IU and UConn. Greg thinks it's IU. I've heard distance mentioned more than once and maybe that his folks want to be able to see him play. If that's true, that's a big plus for us.

I'm not a recruitnik and generally don't even watch highlights. I went to see IN Elite when they played here in Rock Hill SC a few weeks ago, and frankly was underwhelmed. I found out what I watched was a "showcase" game, which is basically a warmup game and didn't count in the standings, so maybe IN Elite wasn't taking it seriously, but Mullins to me didn't look like a guy physically ready to step in and start at a high national level program. Nice looking shot and he got it off quickly and elevated well, but didn't hit that game and the other team was playing hard and aggressive and I thought the physicalness bothered him. Looked to me like he needs some time and strength, although with his shooting, I'm sure he can help about anyone.
That’s a great take from one game. Basically a useless scouting report. I will take the reports from those that have seen him multiple times and moved him up the rankings ranking’s quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
I don’t care how the roster is put together. It’s the Wild West nowadays. Just win.
That is really the bottom line. Gone are the days when we saw four or five seniors who had been with the program four or five yrs. Now it is just about getting bodies and hopefully they can gel together for five to six months. I admit it. I don't like it, so call me a curmudgeon. But I still love IU.

Reactions: edub72
That’s a great take from one game. Basically a useless scouting report. I will take the reports from those that have seen him multiple times and moved him up the rankings ranking’s quickly.
Maybe, Maybe not. You think he wasn't trying to make shots? On the other hand, Darryn Peterson took it very seriously and scored like 43 and his team, who had just been beaten by IE in a prior tournament, cared and played hard. I pointed out the "why" of why IE might not have played hard, so I think a first hand account of such a game is worthwhile. Let's say IE didn't take it very seriously. When your opponents are and are getting up into you and playing physically and basically challenging you, wouldn't that light your fuse? I'm not 100% certain of what it means, but I think it's worthwhile and of interest.

Nope. We had a better chance at JH and look how that turned out. Our coaching staff has a ways to go recruiting HS players at the top. We have gotten some really good ones, but there is another tier, and we ain’t there…

You may be the dumbest poster on here. If not you are trying like hell. Good lord Bshitty be better.
I’m sorry but Iowa st isn’t out bidding and buying their roster. They fill needs with portal and recruit and develop. Build a team. Woody doesn’t build a team..talent is here but I will bet money we are not top 3 in BIG this year.

I’m sorry but Iowa st isn’t out bidding and buying their roster. They fill needs with portal and recruit and develop. Build a team. Woody doesn’t build a team..talent is here but I will bet money we are not top 3 in BIG this year.
If ISU isn’t buying their roster, how are they getting players to play for no NIL? They have some good players that can get material NIL from other schools. Do they just turn those NIL offers down to go to ISU where they get nothing?

I get concerns about Woody’s coaching, or maybe certain players for whatever reason. But your roster compensation claims make no sense.

Well, they sure as hell aren't recruiting and developing. Last year, 2 of their top 8 were recruits. TWO! Lipsey and Momcilovic. Gilbert, Jones, King, Jones, Ward, and Paveletske all were transfers.

The year before they were led by transfers Holmes, Kalscheur, Osuunyi, Kunc, King, and Jones. Only Lipsey and Grill were recruited by ISU. And Grill actually transferred out of ISU and then transferred back!

Yep, that's recruiting and developing. You sure proved your point.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
If ISU isn’t buying their roster, how are they getting players to play for no NIL? They have some good players that can get material NIL from other schools. Do they just turn those NIL offers down to go to ISU where they get nothing?

I get concerns about Woody’s coaching, or maybe certain players for whatever reason. But your roster compensation claims make no sense.
Are they getting big NIL offer type recruits? Pretty sure they aren’t

Are they getting big NIL offer type recruits? Pretty sure they aren’t
2023 they got the #13 and #37 high school kids. They have been using the portal a lot, so several problematic, money first team second culture problems are on the ISU squad.

But if as you say ISU isn’t buying a roster, these kids are just coming for free. Pretty incredible.

Iowa St roster is filled with transfers. The majority of the roster are transfers, I think they only have maybe 3 recruited players. Maybe not 23 transfers but the team was build mostly in the portal. WTF is he talking about?

ISU roster is filled with transfers. The majority of the roster are transfers, I think they only have maybe 3 recruited players. Maybe not 23 transfers but the team was build mostly in the portal. WTF is he talking about?
The purdoo way and why it's better than what we're doing. Only he didn't want the focus soley on the sheep humpers, so he mixed in a few other schools.

Well said and I couldn't agree more. Just a dogwhistle away from commenting on the "faith" of some of the "liberal" donors.
Where was he when these very same liberal donors gave generously to upgrade Assembly Hall?
the liberal donors, trump wants to throw in prison or shot.
Or recruit Montverde Academy..
Sisley

You're off on this one. Way off.

Well said and I couldn't agree more. Just a dogwhistle away from commenting on the "faith" of some of the "liberal" donors.
Where was he when these very same liberal donors gave generously to upgrade Assembly Hall?
RkDp.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT