ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone actually think we'll get Mullins?

Bippy

Junior
Jan 20, 2002
My 1st thought when Sisley announced was that we'd get neither Harrelson or Mullins.
Anyone actually have anything compelling to think Mullins is heard our way?

I think we'll get him, yes. Lots of talk of family travel being a factor. All accounts I've heard is he's fairly close with Sisley.

If we don't get him...I think its yet another indictment on the style that Woody has implemented since arriving in Bloomington. And Mullins will likely have committed before this year's team has an opportunity to change that perception.

Reactions: kkott
Travel issues and some of the likely commits (may have happened already) to UNC and UConn seem to help us.

I know nothing but seems like we have a good chance.

Reactions: kkott
Travel issues and some of the likely commits (may have happened already) to UNC and UConn seem to help us.

I know nothing but seems like we have a good chance.
Too many factors lead to IU being the "best" choice. If he chooses elsewhere...not the end of the world, obviously. But it would be further proof that we have something going on that is hurting our chances with high level high school guards. And the most obvious reason would have to be Woody's style of play.

UNC and UCONN getting other commitments has to help IU
Unless they have one I'm not aware of, the UNC kid (Dixon?) is a PG I think, so likely no impact on Mullins unless he just really wants to, or doesn't want to, play with him.

Too many factors lead to IU being the "best" choice. If he chooses elsewhere...not the end of the world, obviously. But it would be further proof that we have something going on that is hurting our chances with high level high school guards. And the most obvious reason would have to be Woody's style of play.
And his age and lack of job security. Had it not been from some big money promises by the Cooks and Simons he would've been gone this year.

And his age and lack of job security. Had it not been from some big money promises by the Cooks and Simons he would've been gone this year.
Could be. I kinda doubt those things are factoring in much though. If there were legitimate concerns on that, from high school recruits perspective...Would Sisley have chosen IU? Would Haralson have had IU as a consideration all the way until the end? Would Mullins have IU as one of his final 3? I think probably not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT