ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watched "Occupied" on Netflix?

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
It's a Norwegian TV series consisting of 18 episodes (2 seasons). You have to suffer the subtitles, but the characters' dialogue is pretty basic so the use of subtitles isn't too bad.

What I found fascinating is the attitude that the Norwegian characters demonstrated regarding their border-neighbor, Russia. Granted, the basic plot involves Russia - with the cooperation of the EU - executing a "silk glove" takeover of the Norwegian government, so it makes sense that the dialogue would include some sense that their Russians counterparts were, um, difficult to take. That said, the dialogue included some generalized commentary reflecting what likely represents relatively common attitudes that real Norwegians have regarding Russia. Apparently the Kremlin took some exception to this dialogue when it first aired in Norway.

Has anybody else seen this series? Thoughts?

https://www.politico.eu/article/occ...enraged-the-kremlin-norway-russia-occupation/

PS - I now can guess where "Norge" appliances got their name. Pronounced correctly, that name doesn't rhyme with "George".

Thanks. It will be next on my list.

Whats the big deal with subtitles? I need them for English language content too. These super thin TVs nowadays have crappy sound quality and so I always have subs on regardless of language. (Plus years of excessive headphones and loud concerts don't help either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT