ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody see Ole Miss/Louisville?

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
I thought there were a lot of similarities with the IU-Ole Miss bowl game. Looks like Durkin (formerly of MD) has turned that D around for good (although he just projects "dick", even just standing on the sidelines).

To me, Matt Corral looks like a Heisman finalist. He's only 6'0", so I don't know about his NFL prospects, but he has a rifle arm, is very accurate, and is fast and fearless running the ball.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I thought there were a lot of similarities with the IU-Ole Miss bowl game. Looks like Durkin (formerly of MD) has turned that D around for good (although he just projects "dick", even just standing on the sidelines).

To me, Matt Corral looks like a Heisman finalist. He's only 6'0", so I don't know about his NFL prospects, but he has a rifle arm, is very accurate, and is fast and fearless running the ball.
Tough to say whether Ole Miss's defense has improved that much after last year's season-long shitshow (except when they played us), or whether Louisville just stinks. I agree about Corral, though. They're going to win a lot of games this season.

Tough to say whether Ole Miss's defense has improved that much after last year's season-long shitshow (except when they played us), or whether Louisville just stinks. I agree about Corral, though. They're going to win a lot of games this season.

Agreed. Ole Miss was fast and aggressive, but UL was also inept, both on O & D. The UL fans will get restless if things don't get better soon.

Louisville fans think they are a tier just under Clemson/Bama/OSU as far as football prestige goes... glad reality is slapping them down.
It's almost annoying how highly they think of themselves. It became very apparent when they were trying to hire Brohm from Purdue.

UL is a lot better job than Purdue, and he's a grad. It was very surprising he didn't go.
Was a better job. I'd agree. Not sure it is now. Not sure how much better it was when Jeff chose to stay tbh. The Purdue job has come a long, long way in the past 4 years and isn't really a "bad job" in my opinion. To much money going into the program with solid facilities and fan support.

But that wasn't really my point in the response.

The thing I noticed the most was confidence. When ole miss started gaining confidence they were flat out good on defense. Louisville on the other hand lost all confidence and well looked like our offense on Saturday, couldn’t do anything right.

Agreed. Ole Miss was fast and aggressive, but UL was also inept, both on O & D. The UL fans will get restless if things don't get better soon.
i was thinking along the same lines when i saw the score and read the Summary. The Louisville Coach always seems to get good PR and respect from the Media. But this is his 4th if not 5th Year at the helm, and they just seem to be involved in too many losing blowouts where they give up points by the Truckload.

i was thinking along the same lines when i saw the score and read the Summary. The Louisville Coach always seems to get good PR and respect from the Media. But this is his 4th if not 5th Year at the helm, and they just seem to be involved in too many losing blowouts where they give up points by the Truckload.
This is another head-scratcher because Scott Satterfield had outstanding teams at App State. He won 51 games in 5 seasons. I think he won 4 bowl games.
Louisville fans are getting restless and he won 8 games there in 2019. Crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT