ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody got a good feeling about this Illinois game tomorrow?

VanPastorMan

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2002
Central Pennsylvania Via Washington Indiana
I don't right now. Perhaps after a night's sleep I will feel better about it. I just don't have much faith with this team on the road. Shots that go in at AH in Bloomington don't go in on the road. I guess you guys can give your predictions. Can this be a prediction thread? I won't make one, but have at it.

If the refs call it tight and fair, we have a chance. Either Phin or Green will have to have a good game against their pressure. It would help if good Brunk made an appearance.

If the refs swallow the whistle, we will have a lot of live ball turnovers and get pasted.

If the refs call it tight and fair, we have a chance. Either Phin or Green will have to have a good game against their pressure. It would help if good Brunk made an appearance.

If the refs swallow the whistle, we will have a lot of live ball turnovers and get pasted.
Illinois doesn't press much anymore, at least not this year, they're playing more of a pack line type defense..

I would be shocked if they lose by less than 10. Have no faith in them on the road. Prove me wrong Hoosiers

I would be shocked if they lose by less than 10. Have no faith in them on the road. Prove me wrong Hoosiers

Surprisingly only a 5.5 point underdog. Opened at 6. About same as Purdue game.

If tjd and Phinisee both play 32+ mins, iu is in the ball game /decent chance. Foul trouble for either and it feels like a 71-51 type of game (similar to Purdue, but Illinois hitting higher % of 3s and never letting IU back into the game).

Reactions: nafdu1984
Yes - iU will get throttled, CAM will break something , and the pressure to close out home games will build very quickly. Oh yeah, and the apologist’s will start the usual BS.

Reactions: cryano
I don't right now. Perhaps after a night's sleep I will feel better about it. I just don't have much faith with this team on the road. Shots that go in at AH in Bloomington don't go in on the road. I guess you guys can give your predictions. Can this be a prediction thread? I won't make one, but have at it.
No. The only feeling i got is we will lose by alot and durham will turn it over off the dribble

Reactions: Al Bino
Illinois doesn't press much anymore, at least not this year, they're playing more of a pack line type defense..
Haven't watched them this year. I didn't think they pressed, but they previously played out on the wings and didn't help much. Are they sagging now?

Haven't watched them this year. I didn't think they pressed, but they previously played out on the wings and didn't help much. Are they sagging now?
Underwood used to press full and half court up until this year. He brought in an analyst this summer who proved to him that the TO the pressing created was outweighed by fouls they committed the FT disadvantage and the open shots at the rim they gave up. Basically they were losing because of over pressuring. Yea, they play more compact than in previous years, with less gambling, and less over pressure to help contain their fouls..

Last edited:
Reactions: Krafty97grad
Nope. You have to shoot the ball well to beat a good team on the road. Nothing we have done to date suggests that we will score enough to win on the road against a good defensive team. I would expect that like at Purdue we will compete hard but winning will require making a high number of perimeter shots. If the good version of Devonte shows up we have a chance, but I'm not expecting that.

Until we have better shooters, we are going to struggle on the road. I do like us for two wins next week at home.

If anyone has a good feeling about tomorrows game, it is probably just gas and it will pass!;)

Illinois is pretty good. They can shoot the ball better than Purdue. I don’t expect to win.

I think we will struggle. Two road games and laying eggs on the road is what we are most consistent with. Not being negative, just realistic. Hope we turn that around and grab a huge win.

Hate moral victories, but they played a lot better than I thought they would. Thought for sure they would lose by 10 +. They fought hard and were in the game from start to finish. Baby steps.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT