ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody ever had a friend who was hard to deal with? Link

VanPastorMan

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2002
Central Pennsylvania Via Washington Indiana
Today on Mike and Mike they were discussing how when Golic disagrees with Greeny, then Golic just threatens to beat him up. Therefore Golic wins because he wields the hammer.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Golic's Hammer&defid=11606652
So, have you guys ever had a friend like that? I had about seven friends in High School and there was one of them who was like this. He was a red headed time bomb. Discuss.

Today on Mike and Mike they were discussing how when Golic disagrees with Greeny, then Golic just threatens to beat him up. Therefore Golic wins because he wields the hammer.
So, have you guys ever had a friend like that? I had about seven friends in High School and there was one of them who was like this. He was a red headed time bomb. Discuss.
I have dealt with people like this all the time. I work shifts with guys that aren't easy to deal with, but I've learned to kill people with kindness and simply ignore what people mouth off about. Works well.

Interesting discussion as this scenario has evolved into a 'no solution' under today's model. There have been bullies since the beginning of time, but only in the last 20 years or so that we've begun to view our ways in dealing with them differently. A bully is usually (99.9% of the time) someone who's never had an aqq beating.

I dealt with multiple bullies growing up in a neighborhood with 15 boys, most at least 4 years older than me. Plus, I grew late and several of them, my brother included, were full grown in 8th grade. I remember one incident where my brother's best friend had been badgering me for weeks, and I'm talking bad - locking me in our storage building, constantly knocking me down and berating me. One day I had enough and as he was walking away I picked up a hammer my Dad had left laying in the garage and I threw it like a high-fastball right at the back of his head. I missed and it caught him right between the shoulder blades, knocking him to the ground with no air. He never bothered me again.

My Dad taught me when I was six years old that you never start a fight, but at the same time you will allow NO ONE to pick on you. I still live by that today. I agree with @crossfire74 that your first option, especially in a work environment, has to be the low-road, political approach. But, in case that doesn't work, you must be willing and able to take it to the next level. In using this mentality and methodology, I've learned that bullies are usually big babies using their brashness as a shield to hide their weaknesses and shame, and at the end of the day they're not all that tough.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
One day I had enough and as he was walking away I picked up a hammer my Dad had left laying in the garage and I threw it like a high-fastball right at the back of his head. I missed and it caught him right between the shoulder blades, knocking him to the ground with no air. He never bothered me again.

My Dad taught me when I was six years old that you never start a fight, but at the same time you will allow NO ONE to pick on you. I still live by that today. I agree with @crossfire74 that your first option, especially in a work environment, has to be the low-road, political approach. But, in case that doesn't work, you must be willing and able to take it to the next level. In using this mentality and methodology, I've learned that bullies are usually big babies using their brashness as a shield to hide their weaknesses and shame, and at the end of the day they're not all that tough.
How old were you on this first attempted murder charge?

Interesting discussion as this scenario has evolved into a 'no solution' under today's model. There have been bullies since the beginning of time, but only in the last 20 years or so that we've begun to view our ways in dealing with them differently. A bully is usually (99.9% of the time) someone who's never had an aqq beating.

I dealt with multiple bullies growing up in a neighborhood with 15 boys, most at least 4 years older than me. Plus, I grew late and several of them, my brother included, were full grown in 8th grade. I remember one incident where my brother's best friend had been badgering me for weeks, and I'm talking bad - locking me in our storage building, constantly knocking me down and berating me. One day I had enough and as he was walking away I picked up a hammer my Dad had left laying in the garage and I threw it like a high-fastball right at the back of his head. I missed and it caught him right between the shoulder blades, knocking him to the ground with no air. He never bothered me again.

Our fathers shared the same sentiment. Mine also told me to never start a fight, but to not walk away if somebody started a fight with me.

When I was in junior high, many of my classmates would come and get me if somebody was being bullied at our school or in our neighborhood. I then would intervene and pummel the bully if I needed to do it.

In eighth grade, a bully came up from behind my friends after school and grabbed one of them. He then punched him in the eye and caused it to hemorrhage.

The next day, my buddies approached me and asked if I would exact revenge against the bully. I located him and challenged him to a fight after school, but he wouldn't accept it. I then printed out an invitation for a fight between the two of us and distributed it to my friends. It had the date, time, etc. I also gave one to the bully.

The bully didn't show up for the fight that Saturday, so I rode my bicycle to his home and rang the door bell at his parents' two-story home. His parents weren't home, so he opened a window and refused to come outside to fight me.

A few weeks later, I was at a bowling alley with my brother and another guy from our neighborhood. Two girls from my class approached me and asked whether I would beat up the bully if they could get him to come to the bowling alley. Apparently, one of them had been dating him and he had bullied her.

When he arrived, I walked up to him and said we were going to go outside and fight. Once again, he refused and hurried away.

Approximately 20 years ago, he and I ran into each other in town. He took me aside and thanked me for teaching him what it was like to be bullied when we were teenagers. He added that he probably would have wound up in prison like his brother if I hadn't stopped him from being a bully.

Even though I'll be 64 in July, I still won't hesitate to intervene if somebody is being bullied in public. Unfortunately, I'll probably be too old to do it one of these days.

Our fathers shared the same sentiment. Mine also told me to never start a fight, but to not walk away if somebody started a fight with me.

When I was in junior high, many of my classmates would come and get me if somebody was being bullied at our school or in our neighborhood. I then would intervene and pummel the bully if I needed to do it.

In eighth grade, a bully came up from behind my friends after school and grabbed one of them. He then punched him in the eye and caused it to hemorrhage.

The next day, my buddies approached me and asked if I would exact revenge against the bully. I located him and challenged him to a fight after school, but he wouldn't accept it. I then printed out an invitation for a fight between the two of us and distributed it to my friends. It had the date, time, etc. I also gave one to the bully.

The bully didn't show up for the fight that Saturday, so I rode my bicycle to his home and rang the door bell at his parents' two-story home. His parents weren't home, so he opened a window and refused to come outside to fight me.

A few weeks later, I was at a bowling alley with my brother and another guy from our neighborhood. Two girls from my class approached me and asked whether I would beat up the bully if they could get him to come to the bowling alley. Apparently, one of them had been dating him and he had bullied her.

When he arrived, I walked up to him and said we were going to go outside and fight. Once again, he refused and hurried away.

Approximately 20 years ago, he and I ran into each other in town. He took me aside and thanked me for teaching him what it was like to be bullied when we were teenagers. He added that he probably would have wound up in prison like his brother if I hadn't stopped him from being a bully.

Even though I'll be 64 in July, I still won't hesitate to intervene if somebody is being bullied in public. Unfortunately, I'll probably be too old to do it one of these days.
Love that story McNutt. We need more men like you today. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Reactions: 76-1
Love that story McNutt. We need more men like you today. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, both kids get in trouble when there is a fight at schools in our current world. I hope you also have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, both kids get in trouble when there is a fight at schools in our current world. I hope you also have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
What I get upset with is when the kid sometimes fights back against the bully they get in more trouble than the bully does. Some adults have blinders on and aren't seeing what is happening.

Reactions: 76-1

"I promised you, Dad, not to do the things you've done
I walk away from trouble when I can
Now please don't think I'm weak, I didn't turn the other cheek
And papa, I sure hope you understand
Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man"
jpeg-6.jpg

Reactions: OldChargey and 76-1

I just thought of something. I'm not going to mention your name, but you're not an outstanding golfer from North Vernon, are you?

In regards to bully's remember the main law of karma...that is the more positive energy you put in the universe the more positive energy you'll get back.

So if you're not a jack ass, make friends, are genuinely nice to people but also have a strong personality (don't be a quivering whiny pu$$y, appear strong socially) you're probably not going to be bullied.

If you do, you have an army of friends who this bully needs to know they are messing with if they mess with you.

I had a kid in high school that didn't like me for reasons I still to this day don't know and simply stopped me in the hall, pushed me and said he wanted to fight. Immediately one of my bigger, good friends that knew this kid from grade school got him in a head lock and said something like 'I've been waiting for any excuse to beat your f$#king ass so go ahead an mess with my friend'.

I then asked if we were done here. The kid apologized and I told him we were cool and I never had an issue from him again.

That was a lesson in forming alliances on the playground.

As silly as this is, I really liked the bully scene in the first recent planet of the apes movie. Ceasar was getting physically beat up by Rocket. Ceasar learns how to pick the lock of the cage of the big ass gorilla, becoming friends with him in the process. The next day when Rocket goes to bully Ceasar, the Gorilla is by his side and goes after Rocket and forces him to bow down. Ceasar doesn't extract any revenge, he actually befriends Rocket therefore ending any bully behavior.

I had a friend who's first grade girl was being bullied by a dude. He said he was going to go to the principal even though she said no because she was scared that she'd be labeled a tattle tale. I told him to try to do what Ceasar did. Find a bigger boy and become friends with him, he'll then possibly protect her on the playground which is what happened. It was quick and simple. She basically just confessed to a big kid she knew that this guy was bullying her and he immediately stepped in. No teachers were involved. No one was a tattle tale.

Yes, Karma is in the next life. It's not a punishment and reward system - that's a western concept of religion.

Yea a lot of people don't know that. Karma isn't an eye for an eye kind of revenge thing...like if you cheated on your wife your mistress will cheat on you deal.

A while ago a post was going round about the different laws of karma, and I dug it as it made a hell of a lot of sense.

Much more sense and much more simplistic, easy to understand than any religion.

It's too bad it's not the world's main religion...it would be a much better world.

Yea a lot of people don't know that. Karma isn't an eye for an eye kind of revenge thing...like if you cheated on your wife your mistress will cheat on you deal.

A while ago a post was going round about the different laws of karma, and I dug it as it made a hell of a lot of sense.

Much more sense and much more simplistic, easy to understand than any religion.

It's too bad it's not the world's main religion...it would be a much better world.

I was mostly joking, but the word is misused..

I'm not sure Buddhism is even a religion, I guess some sects are, and Hinduism obviously is. Though Buddhism deals with supernatural forces and how to act, it's more philosophical than theological ..

I agree the world would be a better place because it's based on enlightenment, and seeking knowledge, (something our society is currently missing) instead of ignorance (which is running rampant) and appeasing a greater being by worshiping it and only to prevent being tortured for an eternity. .

Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT