ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody buy weed legally yet?

El Drado

Junior
Apr 14, 2011
I was in northern Michigan, and just realized now that i could have bought weed legally. Strange that i didn't smell it anywhere, some people thought it would be everywhere if it went legal.
Driving around we saw these nice buildings with LUME on it, i guess they were weed shops.

I was in northern Michigan, and just realized now that i could have bought weed legally. Strange that i didn't smell it anywhere, some people thought it would be everywhere if it went legal.
Driving around we saw these nice buildings with LUME on it, i guess they were weed shops.
Colorado, Ca, Portland, and Mi.

CO, CA, and Chicago. Go for it, it’s not that big of a deal. It’s funny how uneventful it actually is.

Amsterdam is still the most fun because you can get high in a “coffeeshop” with people from all over the world then order toasties with a milkshake. F’n spectacular. Just great energy all around.

That's because weed is not the gateway drug... the real gateway drug is alcohol, which impairs decision making and is a part of almost every foray in to truly hard drugs. Think of how many people you know who have smoked pot for 20-30 years or more and never progressed to anything else. There's no way in the world to justify pot being illegal while alcohol is legal and far more dangerous and debilitating to reasoning, and senses and long-term health. I'll drive with or next to a guy that's high 10-10 times compared to someone who's drunk.

And I've bought it legally several times in CO and WA state. One reason you might not have smelled it is I would guess that edibles and vaping oils probably outsell traditional raw weed purchases and are how most enjoy it now. I feel like I damaged my throat smoking pot in college and much prefer edibles because if I smoke it now and get to coughing it will hurt my throat. I think when people vape with thc oils, my guess is they don't blow out the huge clouds of smoke/vapor like normal "vapers" do and thus, less smell. When I was in CO in the early time alot of people vaped thc... you'd see several people doing it in or just outside bars, but I never noticed the smell like you get when you light up pot.

Last edited:
What you should do is buy a bunch of weed in bulk and then go to other states and provide the service of transportation for all those good stoners who need it but it is still illegal. Now you have to charge more than you bought it for because of the time it will take and transportation costs. Let us know how it goes.

What you should do is buy a bunch of weed in bulk and then go to other states and provide the service of transportation for all those good stoners who need it but it is still illegal. Now you have to charge more than you bought it for because of the time it will take and transportation costs. Let us know how it goes.
I should, i know a great site to get business cards. But, i have a small butthole which limits how much i can transport. It doesn't make sense after doing a cost analysis.

Why not just get a website and start a mail order business? What could possibly go wrong?

No.
Still illegal under federal law everywhere.
9th and 10th Amendments anyone?

When I was in Vegas I smoked a pre roll around the corner from the dispensary. An employee (huge nerd) walking back in said “is that cannabis???”

Not being a dick for once, I just said yep. He told me I couldn’t smoke it near the dispensary and to put it out immediately. I laughed, and told him if any cop drives buy and sites me or the dispensary I will gladly pay for everything. Then I asked him how many times this has happened, a cop writing a violation. He said he was unaware of it ever happening. I took a big drag and said we are good then my man.

When I was in Vegas I smoked a pre roll around the corner from the dispensary. An employee (huge nerd) walking back in said “is that cannabis???”

Not being a dick for once, I just said yep. He told me I couldn’t smoke it near the dispensary and to put it out immediately. I laughed, and told him if any cop drives buy and sites me or the dispensary I will gladly pay for everything. Then I asked him how many times this has happened, a cop writing a violation. He said he was unaware of it ever happening. I took a big drag and said we are good then my man.
Why do you buy a joint or anything rolled; do you ever go through one in one sitting? With how powerful weed is now, I generally only want 1 or 2 hits and I'm good. I don't like getting blottoed, I just like a g buzz. Do you have that much tolerance built up? My neighbor gets high multiple times per day and she generally needs 2-3X what I want, but she's about the only person I've encountered like that.

Reactions: sluggo69
Why do you buy a joint or anything rolled; do you ever go through one in one sitting? With how powerful weed is now, I generally only want 1 or 2 hits and I'm good. I don't like getting blottoed, I just like a g buzz. Do you have that much tolerance built up? My neighbor gets high multiple times per day and she generally needs 2-3X what I want, but she's about the only person I've encountered like that.

Me and the chick I took to Vegas smoked over a 1/2 ounce on our weekend trip last month. I always finish a joint unless it goes out on its own and I am already high, then I like the idea of getting a few more puffs in an hour or so.

my tolerance is very high. I smoke everyday pretty much all day. I use a water bong and my volcano like vaporizer if I’m at home. Joints and my trusty bowl (made of non brakeable glass, and I should write them a letter of endorsement on this one) while on the road.

I can’t tell you the last time I drove and didn’t smoke. I use to have to have a cig when I drove, dropped that habit and replaced it with weed.

I am a fully functional stoner. I use to be a non functional alcoholic, that was going to end very badly. Again, replaced weed with alcohol. I have major addiction problems, and figure just be hooked on weed, will be the best possible vice I can have.

Reactions: BHAII
Me and the chick I took to Vegas smoked over a 1/2 ounce on our weekend trip last month. I always finish a joint unless it goes out on its own and I am already high, then I like the idea of getting a few more puffs in an hour or so.

my tolerance is very high. I smoke everyday pretty much all day. I use a water bong and my volcano like vaporizer if I’m at home. Joints and my trusty bowl (made of non brakeable glass, and I should write them a letter of endorsement on this one) while on the road.

I can’t tell you the last time I drove and didn’t smoke. I use to have to have a cig when I drove, dropped that habit and replaced it with weed.

I am a fully functional stoner. I use to be a non functional alcoholic, that was going to end very badly. Again, replaced weed with alcohol. I have major addiction problems, and figure just be hooked on weed, will be the best possible vice I can have.

How much do you spend a month on weed?

You should meet my neighbor. You guys would get along well!

Reactions: Cavanagh

Despite my handle, I am also like you. Only "smoke" occasionally. Don't like to get too high. The stuff they sell in shops is very strong compared to the stems and seeds brick weed of "back in the day'. I only need 2-3 tokes and i'm good. I really like edibles. They typically sell gummies in 10mg doses. 1 10mg gummy and i am stoned to the bone. I eat half and i am happy and functional. Note edibles take 30-45 minutes to kick in. Sometimes an hour.

Reactions: kkott
Despite my handle, I am also like you. Only "smoke" occasionally. Don't like to get too high. The stuff they sell in shops is very strong compared to the stems and seeds brick weed of "back in the day'. I only need 2-3 tokes and i'm good. I really like edibles. They typically sell gummies in 10mg doses. 1 10mg gummy and i am stoned to the bone. I eat half and i am happy and functional. Note edibles take 30-45 minutes to kick in. Sometimes an hour.

That's me exactly. Half a 10mg gummy if I want to be functional but just kicked back a whole one for the evening if I'm where I plan to be.

And since you referenced the stems and seed days, I've mentioned this before, but I've really enjoyed watching Narcos Mexico. While they move into coke, the beginning of the season 1 of the show is based around the innovation of a guy creating "sensimillia"... no seeds. Interesting to me. That transition from brown pot to green "sense" happened when I was in high school. Of course I didn't know why, or think about it much, but it was a noticable change from the stuff we smoked early on.

Now, now... you've cultivated that surly, gruff image over all these years. I was just acknowledging it and having a laugh at the same time.

Careful.
He's fragile.
You could break him.
mrzkh4l.gif

That's me exactly. Half a 10mg gummy if I want to be functional but just kicked back a whole one for the evening if I'm where I plan to be.

And since you referenced the stems and seed days, I've mentioned this before, but I've really enjoyed watching Narcos Mexico. While they move into coke, the beginning of the season 1 of the show is based around the innovation of a guy creating "sensimillia"... no seeds. Interesting to me. That transition from brown pot to green "sense" happened when I was in high school. Of course I didn't know why, or think about it much, but it was a noticable change from the stuff we smoked early on.

What you talking about willis. Sensimillia no seeds? One single female plant will never produce seeds. It needs a male plant relatively close to pollinate it then it will have tons of seeds. The reason the shit you smoked in HS was packed in a brick and had seeds is because it was grown in huge fields in Mexico, with no nutrients, and smashed into bricks and sent to the US. Weed is now grown a lot better that is all. Real stoners in the 70s that were growers were growing shit just as good as today. Mexican brick weed isn't a big seller at the dispensaries, but when you had commercials frying eggs like it was your brain and presidents saying weed is gonna make you go crazy and murder people...... it's all you could get.

legal pot in Mich and Illinois had me much more excited till i saw the prices.

way way beyond ridiculous would be a gross understatement..

no wonder the underground market is still strong in legal states.

not a fan of edibles, and would never ever recommend edibles to a newbie. (newbies should toke only).

that said, edibles do help cover the catch 22 of being able to get high where you can't smoke, even in legal states.

why legal states need legal smoking places in concert venues and restaurants and nightclubs and movie theaters. (in case those ever exist again).

and have smoking legal on golf courses and in parks.

so glad i lived when you could openly smoke pot at concerts without worry. (and was the golden age of rock).

one of the great joys in life was lighting up while The Moody Blues or REO or Journey or Neil Young or The Who or Triumph or Bob Seger were performing live right in front of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BHAII and McHoop
No.
Still illegal under federal law everywhere.
9th and 10th Amendments anyone?

You have to be a scream at parties.......

Re: OP............

Michigan... and if you find yourself in Niles, keep driving to Bangor. The Green Door has better selection and prices.

Illinois........

Been to Champaign, Effingham and Danville. Illinois prices s.uck balls right now and selection is spotty. I would recommend Danville due to close proximity(literally the first exit over the state line into Illinois) and selection.

McHoop

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
legal pot in Mich and Illinois had me much more excited till i saw the prices.

way way beyond ridiculous would be a gross understatement..

no wonder the underground market is still strong in legal states.

not a fan of edibles, and would never ever recommend edibles to a newbie. (newbies should toke only).

that said, edibles do help cover the catch 22 of being able to get high where you can't smoke, even in legal states.

why legal states need legal smoking places in concert venues and restaurants and nightclubs and movie theaters. (in case those ever exist again).

and have smoking legal on golf courses and in parks.

so glad i lived when you could openly smoke pot at concerts without worry. (and was the golden age of rock).

one of the great joys in life was lighting up while The Moody Blues or REO or Journey or Neil Young or The Who or Triumph or Bob Seger were performing live right in front of you.

They honestly didn't look that bad to me. House of Dank has 100mg thc gummies for $8. But I have no idea what weed costs on the street.

You have to be a scream at parties.......

Re: OP............

Michigan... and if you find yourself in Niles, keep driving to Bangor. The Green Door has better selection and prices.

Illinois........

Been to Champaign, Effingham and Danville. Illinois prices s.uck balls right now and selection is spotty. I would recommend Danville due to close proximity(literally the first exit over the state line into Illinois) and selection.

McHoop

I'm a delight

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT