ADVERTISEMENT

Any Updates On the AD Decision???

It's nice to see Chris Reynolds' name in this discussion. People should look at his educational and athletic management background before they just assume that he is a "basketball guy."

I think Chris is an extremely bight guy. That said, has he ever been an AD at a school that has both football AND basketball?

Bradley? No football.
Being at Northwestern is a plus.

Let’s not beat around the bush. As much as many fans and alums think an athletic department can thrive on basketball alone, it just isn’t the case. That’s backward Indiana thinking. Universities that have “figured it out” invest in football so heavily that basketball programs ride on their waves of success. It’s never the other way around. It’s simply a matter of the math. Basketball is damn near on autopilot at successful football schools. It takes care of itself.

I will lobby for Pat Kraft until the university decides to make a hair-brained decision. The stuff he’s done managing Temple are just what IU needs and he’s a big time fundraiser.

probably couldn’t go wrong with either guy but Kraft has experience leading a G5 athletic department.

It's nice to see Chris Reynolds' name in this discussion. People should look at his educational and athletic management background before they just assume that he is a "basketball guy."

By all accounts he's a great guy and a fine administrator..., "But" has he ever nurtured a Football program to a Championship or near Championship level...?

Football, love it or hate it, is the primary money maker for every Big Ten athletic department..., to bring in someone who has a lesser background in working with all that goes along with Power 5 Football would be a huge mistake (in my opinion)...

Last edited:
I hope for Kraft.

I could live with Reynolds.

I would regard the hiring of the 3rd person most frequently mentioned as being a lost opportunity, and likely a bad omen as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and JohnsyRick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT