ADVERTISEMENT

Any updates on Damezi?

fwiu

Benchwarmer
Sep 4, 2001
Does anyone have an update on which schools Damezi might be interested in or might be pursuing?

please exclude anymore discusssion on the relative merits or failings of coaches Cretan or Miller.

Does anyone have an update on which schools Damezi might be interested in or might be pursuing?

please exclude anymore discusssion on the relative merits or failings of coaches Cretan or Miller.
Sorry that should read and or not Cretan

To try and answer you question, I am assuming a lessor conference. I have no inside info, but for us he did not shoot well nor rebound to the point of earning minutes.
He can still get a nice and free education.

I hope he finds somewhere. I saw a few televised games from HS and never saw how he was going to a power conference team.

Reactions: Lucy01
I hope he finds somewhere. I saw a few televised games from HS and never saw how he was going to a power conference team.

makes you wonder on how dumb/smart these dudes really are that make 100s of thousands as assistants. If you didnt have to travel like crazy I bet I could do it better than most. Lots of dipshits with a clipboard on the ends of benches. Hell we employed Elston for a good 5 years? I was lucky enough to take a class with him. Never should have been admitted to IU, my left finger knew more about basketball than him.

Reactions: Lucy01
Damezi Anderson entered the transfer portal on April 23rd and announces his decision on a new school on April 30th. It sure didn’t take him long to decide on Loyola Chicago. It sounds like he’s known for a while that he was leaving and where he was going. There’s up to 800 players a year that enter the transfer portal and it feels like we just missed out on 750 of them. I am a little disappointed in the situation that his departure put us in, but I wish him the best and I will follow him at his new school.

I am a little disappointed in the situation that his departure put us in, but I wish him the best and I will follow him at his new school.

Please elaborate. What situation did his departure put us in?

It looked like the roster was set for next season. Now the coaches are trying to figure out what to do with the open spot. It’s not him leaving, it’s the time that he left. If he leaves a month earlier we could have had the opportunity to get one of the players that have already committed elsewhere. Hey, it’s not the first time this has happened to a program and it won’t be the last. That’s why the coaches get paid the big bucks to figure this sh_t out.

It looked like the roster was set for next season. Now the coaches are trying to figure out what to do with the open spot. It’s not him leaving, it’s the time that he left. If he leaves a month earlier we could have had the opportunity to get one of the players that have already committed elsewhere. Hey, it’s not the first time this has happened to a program and it won’t be the last. That’s why the coaches get paid the big bucks to figure this sh_t out.

I think the rona played a role to him waiting. Just a messed up year, not really a big deal tho in basketball terms. Might get my wish on a big man that No1 has heard of. Hopefully from Slovakia, or another place that is fun to say.

Reactions: IULouie
Loyola-Chicago was the type of school I thought he would sign with. Originally, I thought it would be a MAC school such as Western Michigan or Ball State given the proximity to his hometown of South Bend. I truly hope he finds his way with the Ramblers.

I think the rona played a role to him waiting. Just a messed up year, not really a big deal tho in basketball terms. Might get my wish on a big man that No1 has heard of. Hopefully from Slovakia, or another place that is fun to say.

Damn Cavanagh, ask and you shall receive. Did you already know this?
Olivier Sarr (Toulouse, France)- Wake Forest
Will enter the transfer portal after the firing of Coach Danny Manning
7’0 C (Junior)
255 lbs
13.7 PPG
9.0 RPG
0.9 APG
52.7 FG%
28.7 3P%
76.1 FT%

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4278046/olivier-sarr

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...enter-olivier-sarr-says-enter-transfer-portal

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of him leaving, but if you know you'll never see a game and you don't like the idea of being a "practice player", I hope he's successful at L-C

Reactions: IULouie
Damn Cavanagh, ask and you shall receive. Did you already know this?
Olivier Sarr (Toulouse, France)- Wake Forest
Will enter the transfer portal after the firing of Coach Danny Manning
7’0 C (Junior)
255 lbs
13.7 PPG
9.0 RPG
0.9 APG
52.7 FG%
28.7 3P%
76.1 FT%

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4278046/olivier-sarr

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...enter-olivier-sarr-says-enter-transfer-portal

Sign me up. Battle with brunk and replace him. Would be shocked if he wasn’t better with those numbers. 9 rebounds is awesome.

Loyola-Chicago was the type of school I thought he would sign with. Originally, I thought it would be a MAC school such as Western Michigan or Ball State given the proximity to his hometown of South Bend. I truly hope he finds his way with the Ramblers.
This is the right answer for him. He’ll get a good education and get to play for a pretty good program. Best of luck

Reactions: Sassy61
Sign me up. Battle with brunk and replace him. Would be shocked if he wasn’t better with those numbers. 9 rebounds is awesome.

Plus, it gives Duncomb time to develop as a freshman without the pressure of having to immediately contribute bigger minutes.

Plus, it gives Duncomb time to develop as a freshman without the pressure of having to immediately contribute bigger minutes.
He's not a grad transfer so he'd have to sit a year unless he gets a waiver, which he might since his coach was fired. If he can play immediately, I think he would be a very good addition talent and need wise, but Miller and he would have to figure out if he'd be a good fit.

Last edited:
He's not a grad transfer so he'd have to sit a year unless he gets a waiver, which he might since his coach was fired. If he can play immediately, I think he would be a very good addition talent and need wise, but Miller and he would have to figure out if he'd be a good fit.

Duncomb is class of 2021. Sarr would be ready to go Duncomb's freshman year, even if Sarr sat out the 20-21 season. Duncomb is a freshman at IU in 21-22.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT